Do forces do the worst damage?

@Cheltaran13 said in Do forces do the worst damage?:

@ARKHAM-CANNON said in Do forces do the worst damage?:

Does roughly 45k-55k damage per hit, which is enough to 1-shot pretty much all the enemies in the level. If it hits a weak spot the damage jumps to 90k-100k a hit. On the boss it took a few casts of grants to kill those ring things he throws around, with each cast doing something like 8k per hit x5 hits = 40k.

Now we're talking, pardon if my tone sounded sharp...its just the way i type ⛏

My gizonde has never done even 20k/hit (i only refer to fully charged techs, just fyi)... the max ive ever seen is 15-17ish, on that same level (luv the robots!!!). Most normal bots die in one hit in VHAQ, two if needed. For SH lv70 fields, could be 3-4 gizondes before the mobs start to fall.

This is my pain, +++ charging a spell every damn minute makes scoring decently on Mining base literally impossible for me unless i get perfect illoie situations.

IMHO, ilfoie is spectacular, with all my boosts applied usually hits for 35k. It is grand for any field where enemies bunch up- namely daybreak, mines, forest, and floating facility. Otherwise, if your team is keeping the goons busy, you can play the back and drop meteors on the mobs/minibosses from farrrr away.

90-100k damage....yeah like the numbers i presented to you, those are my max, which is 2-3 orders of magnitude lowers that yours.

Either ive done something(s) veryyyyyyyyy wrong, or soemthign is veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy weird.

Hmm. My best guess is either your skill tree is missing some of the boost skills, or your techs are low level. Because those numbers do seem a bit low. Make sure you have all of these skills: Elemental Conversion, Advanced Tech. Perfect Attacks, Advanced Tech Charge 1 and 2. In the Techer tree you want Elemental Precision Hit and Tech Charge JA Addition as well. Plus you should have enough points in the Techer tree to max out all 3 elements, and enough in the Force tree to get 5/10 flame/freeze/lightning mastery 1 and 5/5 flame/freeze/lightning mastery 2.

Those values are all multiplicative, so end up with something close to: 1.225 * 1.1 * 1.1 * 1.1 * 1.14 * 1.2 * 1.2 = 268% damage.

(1.225 is elemental conversion if your weapons element is not matching your tech and your weapon has 50 element on it. It would be more if you matched and/or had 60 element, up to 1.3). I also have an extra 1.2 from Talis Tech Bonus, but even without that your techs should still be hitting harder than they are.

If you have all of those and are still doing very low damage then there must be something else missing from your build, but I'm not sure what. Are you hitting your perfect attack windows? Although Tech Charge JA Addition should help with that so it's not as important.

Great info, in plain English (PSO info pages can be nuts with jargon)

Force: Switched my sub to techter. Maxed out elements precision hit, activated tech charge JA. Besides the element masteries, what is the next critical things to activate, in a good order?

Tech power up, Pp, or go for the spells first. I'm at 25 and have 14sp left at the moment, going to try to power level to 50 today.

Otherwise, I have all lv15 spells and most/all of the force skills activated except for elements are only half leveled (went for all tech power up first, and some dex to equip better weps sooner). Both advanced tech charges are on 0. Hmph.

Units. - I'm using a rose set, has a +90 bonus and looks killer. At + 4 currently on all.

As a rpg guy of 30+years I've never had this much trouble with skill trees... I don't even care much about them, just would like them be set to max damge potential and forget it 😁

Thx and any more tips would be helpful.

PS - for my Hunter and fighter, I do stick to the main weapons because that's what makes them different. I usually leave a slack or to open so I can use a launcher for fast clears. It's also nice to be able to use a katana with a fighter and also the bow without having to switch the braver. Those guys are next to get sorted after my precious force is sorted out...

Does roughly 45k-55k damage per hit, which is enough to 1-shot pretty much all the enemies in the level. If it hits a weak spot the damage jumps to 90k-100k a hit. On the boss it took a few casts of grants to kill those ring things he throws around, with each cast doing something like 8k per hit x5 hits = 40k.

My gizonde has never done even 20k/hit (i only refer to fully charged techs, just fyi)... the max ive ever seen is 15-17ish, on that same level (luv the robots!!!). Most normal bots die in one hit in VHAQ, two if needed. For SH lv70 fields, could be 3-4 gizondes before the mobs start to fall.

This is my pain, +++ charging a spell every damn minute makes scoring decently on Mining base literally impossible for me unless i get perfect illoie situations.

IMHO, ilfoie is spectacular, with all my boosts applied usually hits for 35k. It is grand for any field where enemies bunch up- namely daybreak, mines, forest, and floating facility. Otherwise, if your team is keeping the goons busy, you can play the back and drop meteors on the mobs/minibosses from farrrr away.

90-100k damage....yeah like the numbers i presented to you, those are my max, which is 2-3 orders of magnitude lowers that yours.

Either ive done something(s) veryyyyyyyyy wrong, or soemthign is veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy weird.

Hmm. My best guess is either your skill tree is missing some of the boost skills, or your techs are low level. Because those numbers do seem a bit low. Make sure you have all of these skills: Elemental Conversion, Advanced Tech. Perfect Attacks, Advanced Tech Charge 1 and 2. In the Techer tree you want Elemental Precision Hit and Tech Charge JA Addition as well. Plus you should have enough points in the Techer tree to max out all 3 elements, and enough in the Force tree to get 5/10 flame/freeze/lightning mastery 1 and 5/5 flame/freeze/lightning mastery 2.

Those values are all multiplicative, so end up with something close to: 1.225 * 1.1 * 1.1 * 1.1 * 1.14 * 1.2 * 1.2 = 268% damage.

(1.225 is elemental conversion if your weapons element is not matching your tech and your weapon has 50 element on it. It would be more if you matched and/or had 60 element, up to 1.3). I also have an extra 1.2 from Talis Tech Bonus, but even without that your techs should still be hitting harder than they are.

If you have all of those and are still doing very low damage then there must be something else missing from your build, but I'm not sure what. Are you hitting your perfect attack windows? Although Tech Charge JA Addition should help with that so it's not as important.

Force: Switched my sub to techter. Maxed out elements precision hit, activated tech charge JA. Besides the element masteries, what is the next critical things to activate, in a good order?

Tech power up, Pp, or go for the spells first. I'm at 25 and have 14sp left at the moment, going to try to power level to 50 today.

Otherwise, I have all lv15 spells and most/all of the force skills activated except for elements are only half leveled (went for all tech power up first, and some dex to equip better weps sooner). Both advanced tech charges are on 0. Hmph.

Units. - I'm using a rose set, has a +90 bonus and looks killer. At + 4 currently on all.

As a rpg guy of 30+years I've never had this much trouble with skill trees... I don't even care much about them, just would like them be set to max damge potential and forget it 😁

PS - for my Hunter and fighter, I do stick to the main weapons because that's what makes them different. I usually leave a slack or to open so I can use a launcher for fast clears. It's also nice to be able to use a katana with a fighter and also the bow without having to switch the braver. Those guys are next to get sorted after my precious force is sorted out...

For the Techer sub-tree prioritise PP Restorate. It increases your PP regen by 140% while moving and 350% while standing still. It should help with your PP issues. Also make sure you took Charge PP Revival on the Force tree so you keep regen up while charging techs.

After that, go for the element masteries (you can max them all on techer), and PP Conversion which is a skill you put on your subpallete which will regen your PP. Once you're done with all those, put the leftover points into Super Treatment (PP regen when you use Anti to cure a status), Territory Burst (double range on support skills). Anything after that is personal preference. Some people take Deband Cut, others Territory PP Save, others Tech Up.

Edit: https://bit.ly/30pszh4

This is the skill tree that nearly everyone uses on the NA side for Fo/Te. I've filled out all the "must have" skills for both Force and Techer, and there's some points left over in both trees which you can spend on things like Talis Tech Bonus if you use Talis, 3/5 Rod Shoot if you want to have a PP regen from range with rods, etc. If you use Talis at all then Talis Tech Bobus is a must, as it's a huge damage boost for casting with a Talis.

You could also max out one of the Force elements (fire, ice, or lightning) if you wanted to, or take all 3 to 6/10 mastery 1. These remaining points are sort of personal preference. Another option is 2/10 Photon Flare and 1/1 Photon Flare Afterburst. This will become a must-have once we hit lvl 85, but for now it's optional.

@Cheltaran13

I have my Techter at 46 now and running into a wall in terms of points and maxing out the spells but I have the rest of your recommended ones checked. Even adding half of the bonus for the masteries will eat up a significant amount of points so I'm going to be cautious for now since I don't use megidand wind much at all.

That said, im now seeing a 20% increase across the board so far. Good stuff. I've seen a burst of 35000 gizonde, which is still quite a bit off of what you were mentioned in previously...the standard now is 20-25. But of course there is more work to do.

I have 9 points left over from 80 overall on my force, and I'm tempted to use it for tech power 2. in my last skill tree I chose power first and use the remaining for everything else. I've seen some notes on Reddit about how choosing the general power boost is not a great idea but that's all I've heard.

I maxed out advanced charge 1 and 2 though. I'll go over your list again.

@Cheltaran13

That said, im now seeing a 20% increase across the board so far. Good stuff. I've seen a burst of 35000 gizonde, which is still quite a bit off of what you were mentioned in previously...the standard now is 20-25. But of course there is more work to do.

I have 9 points left over from 80 overall on my force, and I'm tempted to use it for tech power 2. in my last skill tree I chose power first and use the remaining for everything else. I've seen some notes on Reddit about how choosing the general power boost is not a great idea but that's all I've heard.

I maxed out advanced charge 1 and 2 though. I'll go over your list again.

Generally, tech power up skills aren't that great to get unless you've already taken everything else. They do increase your damage, but the points spent vs power increase is less bang for your buck than taking the "boost damage by x%". This is why people mostly take the other skills. The only exception is Tech Power Mega Up, because 120 tech for 5 points is pretty good. For tech power up 2, I think 75 T-ATK adds about 3% damage. 3% damage for 10 points isn't as good value as the other boost skills which give 10%-20% damage boost for 10 points.

Also, when you take Elemental Conversion you want to make sure your weapon has 50 element power on it (13* weapons can go up to 60 element). How this works is it takes your weapon's element, and gives you 50% of that as a boost if your spell matches the element, or 45% if it doesn't match. So if you have a weapon with 50 Light on it, light spells will get a 25% damage boost, and all other spells will get a 22.5% damage boost. That's a huge power boost for 5 points.

I have my Techter at 46 now and running into a wall in terms of points and maxing out the spells but I have the rest of your recommended ones checked. Even adding half of the bonus for the masteries will eat up a significant amount of points so I'm going to be cautious for now since I don't use megidand wind much at all.

While leveling, I focused on each element mastery 2 first, and then got master 1 once I was higher level and had more points. The reason is that mastery 2 is 20% damage boost for 5 points, and mastery 1 is 20% boost for 10 points. So you get more bang for your buck with the mastery 2 skills, and then you get mastery 1 once you have more points to spare at higher level. Even if you just put 1 point in master 2 for now, that's 10% boost for 1 point per element. You can just go back and max them out later when you're higher level.

But yeah, the Techer tree's biggest asset for a Force is the PP regen skills. So PP restorate is still your highest priority on Techer.

im a lightning fo/te and i feel like i actually do the most damage in all the groups ive been in. 30-60k screenwide aoe with gizonde, and nazonde for even bigger stationary dps. i can easily solo VHAQs at max threat and still one shot most trash monsters

For the Techer sub-tree prioritise PP Restorate. It increases your PP regen by 140% while moving and 350% while standing still. It should help with your PP issues. Also make sure you took Charge PP Revival on the Force tree so you keep regen up while charging techs.

After that, go for the element masteries (you can max them all on techer), and PP Conversion which is a skill you put on your subpallete which will regen your PP. Once you're done with all those, put the leftover points into Super Treatment (PP regen when you use Anti to cure a status), Territory Burst (double range on support skills). Anything after that is personal preference. Some people take Deband Cut, others Territory PP Save, others Tech Up.

Edit: https://bit.ly/30pszh4

This is the skill tree that nearly everyone uses on the NA side for Fo/Te. I've filled out all the "must have" skills for both Force and Techer, and there's some points left over in both trees which you can spend on things like Talis Tech Bonus if you use Talis, 3/5 Rod Shoot if you want to have a PP regen from range with rods, etc. If you use Talis at all then Talis Tech Bobus is a must, as it's a huge damage boost for casting with a Talis.

You could also max out one of the Force elements (fire, ice, or lightning) if you wanted to, or take all 3 to 6/10 mastery 1. These remaining points are sort of personal preference. Another option is 2/10 Photon Flare and 1/1 Photon Flare Afterburst. This will become a must-have once we hit lvl 85, but for now it's optional.

A bit late to the party, but I don't understand why take fire when you know it will be weaker? as PSO2NA Class Builds Compilation remarks. - Just trying to understand -

Since I am bringing "light" (hah) to this thread, what are your weapon pallets if may I ask for some screens?

It is really interesting that you guys mention particularly which skills you prefer. This has a lot of value IMHO.

Was lurking around, looking for XH/Ultimate guide/info about the class since I always loved it. But my first try weeks ago was a mess.

Thanks to everyone for the great replies !

@TheDisturbio said in Do forces do the worst damage?:

A bit late to the party, but I don't understand why take fire when you know it will be weaker? as PSO2NA Class Builds Compilation remarks. - Just trying to understand -

Since I am bringing "light" (hah) to this thread, what are your weapon pallets if may I ask for some screens?

It is really interesting that you guys mention particularly which skills you prefer. This has a lot of value IMHO.

Was lurking around, looking for XH/Ultimate guide/info about the class since I always loved it. But my first try weeks ago was a mess.

I'm not sure about others, but my personal approach has been to try and balance all 3 elements as much as possible, even if only for the compound techs. Fomelgion has the highest theoretical DPS of these, so when it's safe to use it it packs quite a punch. The compounds get a bonus from both their elements, so Fomelgion takes the Fire mastery and Dark mastery skills. You could, if you wanted to, completely ignore fire. In that case your Fomelgion would be considerably weaker (about 60% less damage), and you'd just ignore it in favour of Zandion and Brantsion. Again, personal preference. I'll use whichever one I feel is best for the situation, since I have the same boost to all 3. For me, they would all do about 7% less damage than their maximum boost, which I feel is fair trade-off.

Plus, Taking 6/10 mastery 1 and 5/5 mastery 2 in each element you're only losing out on 4% damage multiplier on non-compound techs for ice/lightning compared to if you ignored fire and just went for 2 elements, which I can live with just to be more balanced. I like to try and match enemy weaknesses because of the damage bonus from that + Elemental Precision Hit in the Te tree, so for me it's good to have all 6 elements as an option, and as I said the "hit" you take to ice and lightning isn't even that large.

Once we get the level cap raised you should have enough points to max all 3 without sacrificing anything. Some people will prefer to focus on 1 or 2 elements only, and I guess that's their prerogative.

Also, fire isn't completely useless. It's probably the weakest of the 3 Fo elements, but I don't think it's that bad. I use Foie and Gifoie from time to time when I'm on a map that's weak to fire. They may do less damage per hit, but having the 50% charge time reduction means their DPS isn't that bad because you can fire out twice as many techs in the same amount of time.

I don't have any screenshots of my pallets, but I can try and remember off the top of my head. There's probably better ways to set these up, but it works for me so I've just stuck with it. Also, I'm too cheap to buy separate weapons, so I have a 60 Light element Nemesis Symbol in all 6 slots. With Elemental Conversion this is 30% boost to Light techs and 27% boost to all other techs. The rainbow pallet thing is too much trouble for me just for the extra 3% boost to non-light techs.

Subpallet: Zondeel, Zanverse, the 3 compound techs, shifta, anti, PP conversion, moon atomizer, photon blast. On the back pallet for all 6 slots I have the same thing: Resta, Ilzonde, Talis Throw

Then I separate based on element just to help me remember which slot each spell is on, with the exception of Gizonde which have on most just for ease of use. There's probably better ways of doing it so I don't have so many repeats of the same techs, but I'm a bit lazy and usually just pick a pallet based on what area I'm in and then don't have to swap around much though-out the level.

1. Sazonde, Gizonde, Grants
  2. Barta, Rabarta, Ilbarta
  3. Megid, Gimegid, Grants
  4. Grants, Ilgrants, Gizonde
  5. Foie, Gifoie, Gizonde
  6. Sazan, Ilzan, Gizonde

you guys will Love Christmas on ice massive rare drops wont get to see that one till December though.

oops wrong post

I'm not sure about others, but my personal approach has been to try and balance all 3 elements as much as possible, even if only for the compound techs. Fomelgion has the highest theoretical DPS of these, so when it's safe to use it it packs quite a punch. The compounds get a bonus from both their elements, so Fomelgion takes the Fire mastery and Dark mastery skills. You could, if you wanted to, completely ignore fire. In that case your Fomelgion would be considerably weaker (about 60% less damage), and you'd just ignore it in favour of Zandion and Brantsion. Again, personal preference. I'll use whichever one I feel is best for the situation, since I have the same boost to all 3. For me, they would all do about 7% less damage than their maximum boost, which I feel is fair trade-off.

Plus, Taking 6/10 mastery 1 and 5/5 mastery 2 in each element you're only losing out on 4% damage multiplier on non-compound techs for ice/lightning compared to if you ignored fire and just went for 2 elements, which I can live with just to be more balanced. I like to try and match enemy weaknesses because of the damage bonus from that + Elemental Precision Hit in the Te tree, so for me it's good to have all 6 elements as an option, and as I said the "hit" you take to ice and lightning isn't even that large.

Once we get the level cap raised you should have enough points to max all 3 without sacrificing anything. Some people will prefer to focus on 1 or 2 elements only, and I guess that's their prerogative.

Also, fire isn't completely useless. It's probably the weakest of the 3 Fo elements, but I don't think it's that bad. I use Foie and Gifoie from time to time when I'm on a map that's weak to fire. They may do less damage per hit, but having the 50% charge time reduction means their DPS isn't that bad because you can fire out twice as many techs in the same amount of time.

I don't have any screenshots of my pallets, but I can try and remember off the top of my head. There's probably better ways to set these up, but it works for me so I've just stuck with it. Also, I'm too cheap to buy separate weapons, so I have a 60 Light element Nemesis Symbol in all 6 slots. With Elemental Conversion this is 30% boost to Light techs and 27% boost to all other techs. The rainbow pallet thing is too much trouble for me just for the extra 3% boost to non-light techs.

Subpallet: Zondeel, Zanverse, the 3 compound techs, shifta, anti, PP conversion, moon atomizer, photon blast. On the back pallet for all 6 slots I have the same thing: Resta, Ilzonde, Talis Throw

Then I separate based on element just to help me remember which slot each spell is on, with the exception of Gizonde which have on most just for ease of use. There's probably better ways of doing it so I don't have so many repeats of the same techs, but I'm a bit lazy and usually just pick a pallet based on what area I'm in and then don't have to swap around much though-out the level.

5. Foie, Gifoie, Gizonde
  6. Sazan, Ilzan, Gizonde

What a wonderful reply! Thank you very much Sir!

You do good in XH's?

5. Foie, Gifoie, Gizonde
  6. Sazan, Ilzan, Gizonde

What a wonderful reply! Thank you very much Sir!

You do good in XH's?

I've never had any issues with XH, once I hit 70 I moved up to that from SH with no issues. The only thing was I needed to upgrade my armour. I was using Varder set with no issues right up to there, but way too squishy in XH and would get one-shot. Once I upgraded to Brissa I'm fine though.