Do forces do the worst damage?

I'm currently a level 51 force and 42 techter and I'm noticing that I just do slower big damage compared to melee and ranged types. I cant even keep up because I'm under the impression that they have traveling PAs that get them across the room quick AF. Even players with lower levels are just destroying areas quicker.

I'm pretty new at this, but I maxed out my mag and everything. I'm just feeling like my damage is useless and I'm constantly running out of PP. I feel like my damage is "bigger" numbers but its a LOT slower than the other types and requires charging etc.

I play PSO and PSU and I always felt forces were a little weird in terms of gameplay. PSO did better with their damage, but in PSU techer classes were practically useless outside of Masterforce (and it couldnt compete with the other two master classes) and Acrotecher.

Am I playing these types wrong? Any suggestions? Or am I correct in my observation?

Force has the highest dam output with teqs, as such you have to make sure your skill tree is increasing your damg, charge and pp consumption. Techer being a support class as a sub class is actually really good for the force and helps you with pp cost reduction and recovery. I would def recommend you look at your skill tree and set it to your best play style, or you could set up to look for a meta.

As far as teq go, you have to make sure the teq you are using is the best teq for the job. Some teq require more charge but are more devastating over time to certain enemies. As a Hunter and a subclass braver, I can deal out heavy damage fast in about 1 minute let's say. In that minute as a Force/Techer I may not be doing as many attacks, but my damg output and status also add up. I could esily be doing more effects like Blind on Luther and such. Also Look into each elemental skill tree as some do have a quicker charge skill.

A lot of techs are just not great at dealing damage.

If you want to focus on damage, then you really want to focus on Ilgrants and Ilbarta. After Tech crafting comes into play, it'll still be Ilgrants and Ilbarta, though they'll be even stronger, but Zonde Type-0 will also be powerful.

To keep up with all the other players, Ilzonde is your tool, aka Ride the Lightning. It has a fast charge time, and charging will let you travel further than usual as well. Honestly every other class will be jealous of Ilzonde. With tech crafting you can make it even more efficient, and Safoie Type-0 will become a similar travel tech that some will prefer and some won't.

For groups it's a bit harder, as you may be tempted to rely on Rafoie. Rafoie is unfortunately not very powerful. Ilfoie is, but is hard to aim. The Gi attacks are generally pretty good options for groups. Gifoie, Gibarta, Gizonde, Gigrants. For single targets, if it's weak to ice then use Ilbarta, and if not then just spam Ilgrants.

TL;DR Force/Techer is powerful, but it's all about which techs you use.

A lot of people also confuse Personal DPS and Raid DPS. As well as Burst DPS (High damage in one hit) and normal DPS. Force is basically vanilla PSO2's version of a glass cannon. (Prior to the self-destruct pets of Summoner.) It's got high burst DPS, but low mobility unless you dedicate the skill points to certain traits.

@coldreactive said in Do forces do the worst damage?:

A lot of people also confuse Personal DPS and Raid DPS. As well as Burst DPS (High damage in one hit) and normal DPS. Force is basically vanilla PSO2's version of a glass cannon. (Prior to the self-destruct pets of Summoner.) It's got high burst DPS, but low mobility unless you dedicate the skill points to certain traits.

Are Raid here like in every other mmorpg? 20 people try to kill big bad boss?

@Chiryuu2609 said in Do forces do the worst damage?:

Some Urgent Quests are actually raid-styled. Like the Photoner Fleet

So raid = Urgent Quest?

So raid = Urgent Quest?

Not exactly. Raids are like Elder, some raids has a 8-man maximum slot, some raids are 4-man maximum slot, some even going as high as 12-man.

Elder is 12-man, that's a raid boss EQ/UQ. The next boss raid is probably going to be Loser/Profound Darkness, and some other Major Dark Falz you fight in the story.

Why 4-man is called raid... I mean... how is that raid-like :O?

@Superluuuu3619

I understand your frustration because the emphasis on forces having to charge their techniques to do any real damage is utterly ridiculous. In the old PSO's this function did not exist. I am actually surprised that there is not more complaints about this dramatic change the how forces work. Every...single..tech!??? Argh.

I believe I read somewhere that uncharged techniques only do 30% of full damage. Seriously that is maddening nonsense.

It slows down play dramatically. That said what I have found is that it makes single shot basic techniques mostly useless even though they can be quite strong such as foi and barta, and especially megid.

Another huge problem is that for urgent quests, especially the mining bases, forces can be a huge liability for damage. Other classes are moving quickly through the level dismantling midbosses and mobs while it takes you almost 10 seconds to get off one spell. I am utterly surprised how this poor mechanic has lasted all of these years.

If the game didn't allow you to bring characters on long with your soloing than forces would be an absolute disaster. Thankfully the saving grace is NPCs and especially gizonde that makes killing mobs a lot easier.

Cheers

@Chiryuu2609 There's even solo raids.

look at this That is an example of solo raid. As long as it's a big boss fight and there's big rewards it's technically a raid.

@ARKHAM-CANNON said in Do forces do the worst damage?:

@Superluuuu3619 Another huge problem is that for urgent quests, especially the mining bases, forces can be a huge liability for damage. Other classes are moving quickly through the level dismantling midbosses and mobs while it takes you almost 10 seconds to get off one spell. I am utterly surprised how this poor mechanic has lasted all of these years. Cheers

This makes me laugh when I remember the old days when techs didn't have a max range and the Forces would spawncamp entire waves from the center of the map.

@Kageshiro-Ryou said in Do forces do the worst damage?:

@Chiryuu2609 There's even solo raids. look at this That is an example of solo raid. As long as it's a big boss fight and there's big rewards it's technically a raid.

So in short - what would be called dungeon in other mmorpg, here it's called raid?

@Chiryuu2609 To be fair, I wouldn't label any of the quests in PSO2 "dungeon". The reason being their way of handling quests for each are very unique.

The only most "Dungeon-like" Quest in PSO2 is probably Advanced Quests? That being said, I still wouldn't label it as dungeon due to how unique it is towards every other dungeon-style MMORPGs.

The best way for you to understand and experience it in full is to play it for yourself, since explaining these are sort of subjective to my opinion.

@Chiryuu2609 Yeah they have different styles and still more to come. I would even say those Super Hard Advance quest with a full team give that raid feeling. But atm it's def Urgent quests.

Also I would invest in that wand everyone is always using with the shocking buff.