What ever happened to Pioneer 3 in the original PSO?

I always had a big interest in the story for the original PSO because there was a lot going on but you had to look for it to figure out how it all ties together. One thing that bothered me is that they never mentioned what happened with Pioneer 3.

You can see an image of it in the shop. There is a map (I think it was by the tekker) showing Pioneer 3 location in space. An NPC in Gallon's Shop quest says that Pioneer 3 is on it's way. Then, they never mention it in Episode 3 which is 20 years later. They also never mention it in Zero which is even further into the future.

I have even looked through Japanese media and found nothing. What do you guys think?

From What i remember from gc, it just says it left/took off. Maybe it's the setup fo PH03?

I never thought much of it. Was it ever stated how long it took Pioneer 2 to reach Ragol? Anyway I'm glad someone else knows Episode 3, I made a Tabletop Simulator version of it if you have Steam and wanna check it out!

Episode 4 added more to it but never got to finish it

On a somewhat unreleated note, I wish the CARD Weapon Camo could be used on Talis weapons. I mean I get why it's harmonizers (commanding a monster/spirit/pet) but...

@Hatsodoom I bought it thinking it worked on tails (like yu gi oh) only for me being disappointed on it being summoner only.

I mean I don't like it, but it makes sense... in two ways. Summon monsters, command your creatures. Oh also the monster cards were used by ARKZ decks.

@Hatsodoom Yeah I get it, but I didn't read the fine print on what weapons can change with it. Using Leaf in the Wind.

Id enjoy seeing a future quest where the ARKS discover a abandoned pioneer 3 in space or its ruins/wreckage somewhere. Might bend the universe lore a bit though.. Seems like there could be some future story potential around the Pioneer ships/Coral

My theory: it was called off when word reached the populace of Coral about the explosion at the Central Dome. The truth about the Pioneer Project (it was an excuse to get top scientists to research and harness the D-Factor) may have been leaked to the Coralian public and caused a backlash. So instead of migration, they resorted to trying to reverse the damage done to the homeworld using a copy of the Mother System developed by Dr. Calus, Osto, and Montague. Unfortunately they did not heed their AI's plans and She went mad, hence the Great Blank.

There apparently is a light novel released exclusively in Japan prior to the release of PSOv2 which goes into detail what happened to Pioneer 3.

@Leonkh99 said in What ever happened to Pioneer 3 in the original PSO?:

There apparently is a light novel released exclusively in Japan prior to the release of PSOv2 which goes into detail what happened to Pioneer 3.

That's awesome, I'd be interested to read this in English somehow.

@Redex said in What ever happened to Pioneer 3 in the original PSO?:

@Leonkh99 said in What ever happened to Pioneer 3 in the original PSO?:

That's awesome, I'd be interested to read this in English somehow.

Like with most PSO media... it suffers from lack of easy availability to English fans unfortunately and what little information there is being hard to find as is... kinda wish Phantasy Star stuff were as documented onto a single site the same way Sonic does heh xD.

Anywho these are the light novels in question:

PSO_Light.jpg PSO_Light2.jpg

I don't suppose anyone knows the gist of what happens in them?

Detail to detail? No since no translation is available... but from what can be gathered;

Pioneer 3 arrives on Ragol shortly after the events of Episode IV in Blue Burst (but prior to the events of Episode III). They encounter some kind of monster that manages to board the ship and ends up back on Planet Coral (known as Planet Phobu as PSOv2 and Episode II had yet to release so... the planet's name was not established).

An acquantance of mine is in the process of acquiring these light novels and gave me these basic summaries.

In addition, some of their artwork did end up in the PSO1 Art Book: PSO_LightNovel.jpg