This new SG Sale is Absolutely Wrong

If they called it an "exclusive" or "fashion pack" and left "Sale" off of the advertisement it would be a different matter... still garbage, but it wouldn't feel as scummy, we would just have the idea that SEGA wants to gouge us like BDO does. I can live with that, just don't be scummy with your wording SEGA.

@LapisWave said in This new SG Sale is Absolutely Wrong:

I would love to have @GM-Deynger to forward this issue to the developers/staffs because this issue really needs to be addressed. Lot of players do feel that this is a bit wrong, and this SG sale needs to be put on halt before it is released tomorrow and revise for better resolution - before players buy this and realize they gave more money than what it was worth. Sorry to bother you, favorite GM in the forum. But we need your help in this.

I can say with all sincerity that feedback has been gathered on this issue* (over multiple days and from different venues) and will be submitted forthwith.

*Edit: multiple issues related to this.

@Likaizam said in This new SG Sale is Absolutely Wrong:

If they called it an "exclusive" or "fashion pack" and left "Sale" off of the advertisement it would be a different matter... still garbage, but it wouldn't feel as scummy, we would just have the idea that SEGA wants to gouge us like BDO does. I can live with that, just don't be scummy with your wording SEGA.

Even for exclusive or fashion pack, if we look at it: Ethan Replica (x1)

Karen Replica (x1)

Ethan Hair (x1)

Karen Hair (x1)

246: Airboard (x1)

Defense Operation: Desperation Trigger (x1)

EX Rare Item Drop Rate +50% (x1)

The TD3 Trigger (one of them - who might not even want it when people seek for cosmetics in this game) can't even trade or sell it, and EX RDR 50% (one of them) seems like not viable tbh.

I have been told that people from twitter have said that they don't even play male character and having Ethan outfits, seems like it's pointless to them. I don't mind having both, but 2x Ethan Hair, 2x Karen Hair, 2 x Mirei Hair as well as other related to cosmetic items would be more reasonable for any packages. Like keep cosmetics with cosmetics and keep gameplay boost with gameplay boost. Because you'll be surprised that not everyone is into doing triggers and boosting their RDR while they in the game to look fabulous.

With that said, the value's price needs to drop down too. Like even down to 400 SG or something. This Fresh Finds's Sid Shradeel set was quite expensive for what they gave, I just still paid it because of some hair and accessories for 820 SG. (Keep in mind, Sid Shradeel was out in JP as AC scratch with multiple variations of colors for 2019 AC contents). So that's a bit silly for me to sell it as 820 SG despite me paying for it.

The promotions, sales and Fresh Finds needs to be more flexible in their prices, or bring better value to the items by giving double of them to account bound it. ofc.

Also, thank you GM for responding fast.

Of course. I may not always respond as fast, but I try.

Gotta git dat Covid 19 stimulus moolah!

@Alexandrious947 said in This new SG Sale is Absolutely Wrong:

Gotta git dat Covid 19 stimulus moolah!

Or maybe a stimulus package from Sega. In all honestly 1200 star gems would hold me over quite nicely. I am currently at 700 and only spent about 400 from grinding outfits and such. I haven't bought any thing really nice, most expensive is the sexy emote I regret buying.

The way they have it set up is to spark that FOMO (fear of missing out) in a person (the whole is on SALE even though it doesn't have a normal sale price, untradable, etc.) That's why it's as expensive as it is. FOMO is guaranteed to sway people and it will still sell. It's a scummy practice for sure.

Bungie is recently having to address the FOMO issue in Destiny after it became a big enough issue with the community. (Not sure if it's part of Eververse involving $ or specific content ingame I haven't followed it that close)

@Z0DIAK-BRAVE said in This new SG Sale is Absolutely Wrong:

The way they have it set up is to spark that FOMO (fear of missing out) in a person. That's why it's as expensive as it is. FOMO is guaranteed to sway people and it will still sell. It's a scummy practice for sure.

Bungie is recently having to address the FOMO issue in Destiny after it became a big enough issue with the community. (Not sure if it's part of Eververse involving $ or specific content ingame I haven't followed it that close)

I definitely agree it is a FOMO. Not just in fresh finds but also in the other stuff scratches as well. I come from Warframe, where everything is in rotations and prices vary depending on those rotations. For the most part, everything is affordable. But here with the amount of content being released and the hike prices of some items, you def get that FOMO. I almost had enough for the Blue blaze hands, but the day I could have grinded there was an update. My time to play taken so it can't be helped. When I got back on it jumped to 5mil, then 8, now it's at 16, and I am sure it will continue to go up especially when it's sc is over. Now, I could spend my 24 tickets (from my founders) and spend $8 for a guaranteed item bonus. I could also try and hope from those 30 scratches I also get sit 3. But the fear or missing out is not that strong for me because I know it will come back and I can't justify it right now, especially considering I have all the outfits already for that drop. Even if I could sell it later I don't have premium so it's not that big of a deal. But yes, I can see how it did tempt me, others may not care to spend for it.

The prices are just insane. The ragol pack and sonic packs were good buys. This is a joke. Imagine spending all this money just to have them shut the servers down like PSU...

Is not possible to buy every SG/AC the game puts out... pick and choose don't worry about all of it.

@redPG said in This new SG Sale is Absolutely Wrong:

Is not possible to buy every SG/AC the game puts out... pick and choose don't worry about all of it.

I beg to differ. It is possible, as long as you have enough $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

But most of us do not fall under that category, so yeah pick and choose.

Now that I thought about it some more, I think the biggest issue with this is just how SEGA is framing it. They should have a time-table internally on how they're releasing the AC/SG/FF content. If they said it was a timed-exclusive for like 2 months or however long and then it'd be on an AC scratch, they could get away charging a higher "whale" price so they can exclusively flex for a while, then have a more reasonable launch later on.

And I think this is what they're going to end up doing, but instead of it coming across as reasonable it comes across as "I know we pulled PSU and we haven't earned your trust back, and the game isn't out on PC, and it's 8 years late, and you can't try the outfits on, and the outfit is bound to a single character, and you can't trade them, and this is a sale btw.....so how about spending $30-40 on an outfit and some emotes?"

But that's just it, All these limitations and bundles and 1 item instead of account base are ways to make the players buy a single item multiple times, Making them untradeable, means that the players aren't making any money but the company. The ac are tradeable and is the only way to make any money from "premium" items.

And people are going to buy whatever they put out, and it seems like they are testing the waters, Look at Mission pass, where it's the only way to get those items considering you can't trade those either. All ways for people to spend money and they will keep doing it as long as people are willing to buy it. This last one seemed to piss a lot of people off, So we will have to see how worse/better it is going to get.

@eluxe7 said in This new SG Sale is Absolutely Wrong:

but instead of it coming across as reasonable it comes across as "I know we pulled PSU and we haven't earned your trust back, and the game isn't out on PC, and it's 8 years late, and you can't try the outfits on, and the outfit is bound to a single character, and you can't trade them, and this is a sale btw.....so how about spending $30-40 on an outfit and some emotes?"

Lol. 👍

Are Star Gems hard to get in the NA version? They seemed really easy to get in JP and didn't really cost anything I had so many I didn't know what to do with them. Still waiting on PC.