Game freezes

Hi there, every now and then the game freezes for 1-2 seconds without a noticeable reason. Appears to be random and it doesn't matter if there is much going on or just nothing. Happens to my friends I play with too. But not at the same time. We are all playing on a Xbox One X.

@JimmBimm If it happens right after you log or after you leave a gateship, it's normal. Sometimes you suddenly lose control of your character but you see other players moving and sound keeps playing. However, after a couple seconds, you receive some intel from a NPC explaining important events, this also happened in the JP version.

Anyway, if the freeze you mention stops sound and enemies stop moving, then yeah, it's a different issue.

@PandasOnFire said in Game freezes:

@JimmBimm If it happens right after you log or after you leave a gateship, it's normal. Sometimes you suddenly lose control of your character but you see other players moving and sound keeps playing. However, after a couple seconds, you receive some intel from a NPC explaining important events, this also happened in the JP version.

That sounds like server lag.

@JimmBimm said in Game freezes:

Hi there, every now and then the game freezes for 1-2 seconds without a noticeable reason. Appears to be random and it doesn't matter if there is much going on or just nothing. Happens to my friends I play with too. But not at the same time. We are all playing on a Xbox One X.

This sounds like it has to do with the hardware of the Xbox, some other users have noted this too. I think the game will run smoother as we progress.

@Rzarcasm said in Game freezes:

It's definitely not server lag, it's normal, it happens in the Japanese version too. You lose control of your character until the girl (forgot her name) starts to explain what you can do at your current level/stage of the game. It's annoying, but it's normal.

@PandasOnFire said in Game freezes:

@Rzarcasm said in Game freezes:

It's definitely not server lag, it's normal, it happens in the Japanese version too. You lose control of your character until the girl (forgot her name) starts to explain what you can do at your current level/stage of the game. It's annoying, but it's normal.

It happened everywhere. In the lobby, in forest, while fights and also while nothing happened. The game just froze completely. Like full freeze, a still frame for 1-2 seconds. Sorry if I haven't described it good enough, but english isn't my first language ^^"

But it seemed pretty random. I don't think it has something to do with the hardware as it happened when I was in an nearly empty lobby and also in a lobby where dozens of other players where standing in line for the next Urgent Quest. But not noticeably more often than when there wasn't much going on.

I will take notes when it happens in the open beta. Maybe we can pin it down to something ^^.