Microsoft Purchases for packs or AC not showing up in Visiphone..

Purchased another Ragol Pack "better value for $29.99" and has not shown up in my Visiphone even though I got a receipt from Microsoft as well as it showing up on my bank statement. Spoke to a few clan members and seems this has happened before to others. Is this an ongoing issue?

@Drkn3zz said in Microsoft Purchases for packs or AC not showing up in Visiphone..:

hased another Ragol Pack "better value for $29.99" and has not shown up in my Visiphone even though I got a receipt from Microsoft as well as it showing up on my bank statement. Spoke to a few clan members and seems this has happened before to others. Is this an ongoing issue?

your best bet is to ask support about it. If you have the email of the purchase still take a screen shot and attach it to the support ticket if you can. that helped me when i had trouble with a game i play.

There where a few people experiencing this (the 1 * comments.) But I do remember a clan member having this problem when he was trying to buy the second time. I would definitely open up a ticket with support. You should hear back from them 2-3 days max. Worse case scenario you contact Microsoft and ask for a refund, or they can re buy it with you.

For what it's worth @Drkn3zz , I've been told it would be best for you to submit a ticket if you're still having this issue. Apologies for the delayed response.

When I purchased from Microsoft store it did not go to my visiphone it automatically was on my character. It happened Instantly, i was able to run right over and spend my currency