split pc and xbox servers sugestion

do you guys think the game will be a lot healthier if we split the servers up to the point were we are on par with japan updates , and then merge xbox and pc? imo its going to be a disaster economy wise if we introduce pc players to the already launched xbox server. or at least wait until pc can catch up and build a healthy economy, then merge. opinions?

No, because that would kill the promise of cross-play.

@Aster-Larkspur i still remember when they promised to launch globally pso2 8 years back lol. still, i think they could delay it a bit, just for a healthier game. that would also help to get on the pc player base good side, since they wont be feeling left behind.

They promised cross-play/save, so it's not going to happen, no matter what. They can however split the blocks and only allow one platform to go on certain blocks, like they did with the PS Vita. (They still shared servers with the other platforms, but they could only go to certain blocks.)

I don't see how it will be a problem. If anything it will be easier for them to get on their feet since the prices are more stable and things are not as rare as they were for us before.

@Penndragon87 said in split pc and xbox servers sugestion:

I don't see how it will be a problem. If anything it will be easier for them to get on their feet since the prices are more stable and things are not as rare as they were for us before.

They could also limit ship transfers. Such as not allowing people to have more than X amount of Meseta on hand when transferring. (If they do, their meseta is cut down to the cap allowed.) This is what FFXIV did for legacy users because FFXIV knew that legacy servers would have high amounts of gil. (In addition, housing prices on Legacy worlds were much higher at the time.)

I can see that being an issue later with a more established economy and yes that system is a good fix it they implement transfers later. But right now if they segment this community away from the pc community it will infuriate the player base. I have a bunch of friends joining me on pc and I plan on switching as soon as it comes out. I know a bunch of people who are doing the same.

I also know people who are just going to go to the more populated ships. You cannot expect them to break their promise of cross-play. There's currently quite a bit of Xbone players that plan to switch to PC.

Also, not every PC player is new. JP vets will not have an issue with catching up with Xbone players. New players can make the choice to go to Ship 3-6 (well, depending if they open 4-6) if they are scared of prices.

Worked out fine with 4 different ecosystems crossplaying in JP. Everything evens out in time. As others have said, it would really bother me to not have crossplay.

In fact if it was possible I'd like to have crossplay with the JP servers, but I understand there are several factors that would make them turn away from doing that.