My current problem with this version of PSO2

The title alone may make you think that I'm wanting more content & while I do... but I'm not really focused on content i.e new areas & quest-types; my issue stems with limited loot pools, fresh finds exorbitant prices/not being able to sell them, & no real reason to play after acquiring max level(s).

So I'll break it down starting with the limited loot pool claim. I'm a JP vet & have played PSO2 back in 2013 (off & on) so I remember some of it because it was apart of my childhood & I remember lots of loot that made farming for affixes conveniently using a certain weapon (trainers saber think it came from rockbear or rare version). There's a ton of 10-11★ weapons & I think units that are currently missing from Episodes 1-3 (We're on EP3 right now), a noticeable one would be the sword named "Ellsion" & wand "Elysion" which drops from Profound darkness & both are missing yet Psycho wand is in; heck even Elder pain is missing. The game is currently throwing 3 kinds of placeholder rare drops at you & those are "Deo", "Sigma, & "Revolsio" all which aren't relatively good especially when we're missing PvP for Revolsios other photon form.

Fresh finds or star gem deals is not a feature on JP servers but this to me serves as a cosmetic catch-up mechanism & at the same time it's a major problem because the prices per costume are 20$ on up but also cannot be sold. So if you're on a small vacation, decide to play another game for a bit, etc then you'll miss out on any chance to obtain an outfit that you were looking forward to because it cannot be sold anymore (used to supposedly be able to do it during the first week but it was supposedly a bug). Fresh finds is way different from the scratch because you can sell it while it's also relatively cheap to obtain them via AC scratch tickets. You may say that it will eventually appear in a scratch in the future & yeah that is true since the Anime eyes re-appeared in a scratch.

The current version of the game is very limited (we still don't even have craft-able PAs, Units, or Weapons yet) so once you hit your 75 in your preferred role, the only thing left to do is to level another 75 or try & farm decent gear. Those two fronts pose a major problem because after you get all lvl 75s there's no reason to really play (I'm not 75 in everything) & obtaining decent gear currently is worthless because real gear starts at 12★ units & 13★+ weapons. So all you really can do is make place holders but when you're done with that... then what's next?

There's more I can say but I think I've gone on for too long I do wanna clear up a miss-understanding that I guarantee will occur & that would be the old "Just play a different game & take a break" argument. That doesn't hold because I just AFK on PSO2 lately while I play League,BDO, Halo,etc. The other argument would be that I'm not understanding because of the virus & that is something I 100% understand but they can definitely juice the loot-tables, it's practically a switch at this stage since development is complete & I doubt it's a cert required process. Thanks for your time & lastly Gimmie my Snow White Arks trainee outfit Sega.

Considering the GMs have stated they want to catch up to JP within the year... that means they have to do a major patch every 2 months.

@Maxwell said in My current problem with this version of PSO2:

The title alone may make you think that I'm wanting more content & while I do... but I'm not really focused on content i.e new areas & quest-types; my issue stems with limited loot pools, fresh finds exorbitant prices/not being able to sell them, & no real reason to play after acquiring max level(s).

So I'll break it down starting with the limited loot pool claim. I'm a JP vet & have played PSO2 back in 2013 (off & on) so I remember some of it because it was apart of my childhood & I remember lots of loot that made farming for affixes conveniently using a certain weapon (trainers saber think it came from rockbear or rare version). There's a ton of 10-11★ weapons & I think units that are currently missing from Episodes 1-3 (We're on EP3 right now), a noticeable one would be the sword named "Ellsion" & wand "Elysion" which drops from Profound darkness & both are missing yet Psycho wand is in; heck even Elder pain is missing. The game is currently throwing 3 kinds of placeholder rare drops at you & those are "Deo", "Sigma, & "Revolsio" all which aren't relatively good especially when we're missing PvP for Revolsios other photon form.

Fresh finds or star gem deals is not a feature on JP servers but this to me serves as a cosmetic catch-up mechanism & at the same time it's a major problem because the prices per costume are 20$ on up but also cannot be sold. So if you're on a small vacation, decide to play another game for a bit, etc then you'll miss out on any chance to obtain an outfit that you were looking forward to because it cannot be sold anymore (used to supposedly be able to do it during the first week but it was supposedly a bug). Fresh finds is way different from the scratch because you can sell it while it's also relatively cheap to obtain them via AC scratch tickets. You may say that it will eventually appear in a scratch in the future & yeah that is true since the Anime eyes re-appeared in a scratch.

The current version of the game is very limited (we still don't even have craft-able PAs, Units, or Weapons yet) so once you hit your 75 in your preferred role, the only thing left to do is to level another 75 or try & farm decent gear. Those two fronts pose a major problem because after you get all lvl 75s there's no reason to really play (I'm not 75 in everything) & obtaining decent gear currently is worthless because real gear starts at 12★ units & 13★+ weapons. So all you really can do is make place holders but when you're done with that... then what's next?

There's more I can say but I think I've gone on for too long I do wanna clear up a miss-understanding that I guarantee will occur & that would be the old "Just play a different game & take a break" argument. That doesn't hold because I just AFK on PSO2 lately while I play League,BDO, Halo,etc. The other argument would be that I'm not understanding because of the virus & that is something I 100% understand but they can definitely juice the loot-tables, it's practically a switch at this stage since development is complete & I doubt it's a cert required process. Thanks for your time & lastly Gimmie my Snow White Arks trainee outfit Sega.

We are actually in Episode 2 right now, not 3. Also Elysion and Ely Sion both dropped from elder, not PD.

To say that "real" gear starts at 12 star units and 13 star weapons (we already have 13 star weapons, fyi) is also kind of a very weird thing to say. Current gear will always be outclassed by future gear, that's kind of how these games work. That doesn't mean that current gear isn't worth getting however, as you kind of need good gear to get the future good stuff.

I have every class capped several times over (and did it in about a week and a half) and Maxwell is right. You would have to be brain dead to sit there and optimize the current gear in the game (alot of which I have.. not paying 100 mil+ for 13* weapons, but i have all the armors i want) because something better should be coming out REALLY soon. I try really hard NOT to sit there idling like a chat rat, but theres nothing honestly left to work towards since systems like crafting are missing. All im doing is filling up storage containers for use "soon".

We ARE also on episode 3, when you finish it it asks you if you want to continue to episode 4 but that's where it ends. If only they would release new content as fast as they release new ac scratches...

@SpeedierJam1135 We may have story content up to episode 3, but all other content is mostly up to 2, and a little but of 4 thrown in with Summoner. It's a hodgepodge right now

It's increasingly frustrating that all they release is new uqs. I am still hoping there is some surprise tomorrow morning after maint. The only population at this point that is online are lobby dwellers. Everytime this gets posted here people just flame the poster which is annoying because they aren't even playing in console in it's current state. This wouldn't of been such a problem if they released a harder difficulty or not let us have this insane gear.

Edit: to add they are giving off a really bad vibe by only just releasing ac scratch instead of actual content. The way it is right now is making it seem they only care about $$$

@Blue-Froman Yeaa... we don't even have crafting yet so aside from the ACTUAL story episodes (which are in the game..) I don't see how one can accurately gauge where we stand on actual content episode wise.

@Penndragon87 said in My current problem with this version of PSO2:

It's increasingly frustrating that all they release is new uqs. I am still hoping there is some surprise tomorrow morning after maint. The only population at this point that is online are lobby dwellers. Everytime this gets posted here people just flame the poster which is annoying because they aren't even playing in console in it's current state. This wouldn't of been such a problem if they released a harder difficulty or not let us have this insane gear.

Edit: to add they are giving off a really bad vibe by only just releasing ac scratch instead of actual content. The way it is right now is making it seem they only care about $$$

UQs kinda are the actual content. There will be other stuff that can be run any time later on, but for the most part the vast majority of new content to the game will be new UQs.

@Satsumiga I get that, but there is currently no content dynamic/sustainable enough to make it worth most people's time. I am the small minority in this game currently that spams Shaqs even though I am pretty much done with the content of this game currently. Population is shrinking and it is becoming more difficult for me to find groups each day.

@Penndragon87 There should be 2 new types of permanent quests incoming in the next few weeks/months, both are Episode 3 content. One of them will replace SHAQs as the end game content (also they will be a first taste for incoming difficulty increases), and the other is accessible at all levels.

We should also see limited quests starting fairly soon. There's a mission on Harukotan that features enemies from multiple planets along with music from Quna. It's actually a great demonstration of what the music system "Sympathy" can do in adding new layers onto the music that's already playing.

We're also technically still missing an Urgent Quest at this point but it could really appear at any time, Arks Ship Fire Swirl. We might not get it until extremely hard comes out since that UQ was updated when that mode came out, although it never got an update for Ultra Hard for some reason...

@Satsumiga said in My current problem with this version of PSO2:

We are actually in Episode 2 right now, not 3. Also Elysion and Ely Sion both dropped from elder, not PD.

To say that "real" gear starts at 12 star units and 13 star weapons (we already have 13 star weapons, fyi) is also kind of a very weird thing to say. Current gear will always be outclassed by future gear, that's kind of how these games work. That doesn't mean that current gear isn't worth getting however, as you kind of need good gear to get the future good stuff.

I’m not sure if you played JP but if you did you’d know that 12 star unite is where things get more customizable based on your play style since you could add skill ring (L) to your units. When I talk about 13star weapons correct me if I’m wrong but all we have is revolsio/shop ones & not any of the good ones (good is obv subjective to my opinion). The current content now you can use the lucky rise set & beat all of it like I did so your last statement isn’t valid till we get actual hard content which will be with UH difficulty.

Lastly I’m not sure who told you but story, title, & quest areas all point to episode 3 soooo weird mistake especially in regards to elision & elysion both which come from dark falz elder lvl 56 https://pso2.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Elysion mi

Also Profound darkness is the JP name https://pso.fandom.com/wiki/Profound_Darkness'_Kin[Elder]

Elder's name in the JP version is Dark Falz Elder like in the NA version, Profound Darkness is a completely different boss.

That link is just the old name of Dark Falz Elder's urgent quest (Profound Darkness' Kin, in other words, Followers of the Profound Darkness). Eventually the JP version got a new version of Elder's quest with Elder having enhanced attack patterns, that quest had a new name and replaced the old quest (the NA version got just the new version of the quest).

@Ezodagrom Ah could’ve sworn his name was that a long time ago but then again things changed just like how the story changed from the current Ep1-3. The premise still stands that those weapons did drop with regular elder although rereading the persons statement I doubt they were suggesting that it didn’t.