Content release road map.

Please provide us with a content release roadmap. Being in the dark about content releases is not good. I’d love to know how long my gear will be relevant.

I've mentioned this before as well, but it would be nice to get a rough idea of when new things are coming. JP typically has livestreams that mention about these things weeks in advance and it helps a lot to keep hype going when things are a bit slow.

They will not give any accurate roadmap.

The last time they claimed something ahead of time (To pc Players, on Twitter) they had to go back on their word and silently delete the Tweet when (i assume because of COVID) it became clear they could not deliver.

They know full well that if they make more promises or declarations of delivery and intent and then they do not deliver or plans need to change, they will be justly publicly accused and demanded from, so i highly doubt they will risk it.

Yeah, the lack of a road map is pretty dumb.

With the pandemic, them doing a roadmap that they'll most likely not be able to fulfill would backfire hard.

@DKGJustus the best weps are 13* and units are 11*. So they won't be viable for very long

A roadmap is not feasible at this time .. they can only give general and vague ideas of when, maybe, something might be released. Unless you have a miracle cure, or can tell local governments to stop shutting things down because you have a video game to play, you are just gonna have to ride the "it happens when it happens" train like the rest of us.

@Likaizam said in Content release road map.:

A roadmap is not feasible at this time .. they can only give general and vague ideas of when, maybe, something might be released. Unless you have a miracle cure, or can tell local governments to stop shutting things down because you have a video game to play, you are just gonna have to ride the "it happens when it happens" train like the rest of us.

They seem to be releasing content in a pretty simple pattern: Elder -> Luther -> TD1.... we can easily surmise following these will be TD2, Magatsu or TD3 followed by the other, Profound Darkness , then TD4, maybe ultimate quests thrown in somewhere for good measure. It would just be nice to get official confirmation or hints of this since a lot of this was planned way in advance of the release. It's not as if they're deliberating over what they're putting in each week the week before.

It also doesn't have to be very complicated. In JP, the livestreams talk about a lot of details. But honestly, just getting something small like "We plan to roll out ep 4 content in mid July" or something giving us an idea of where things should be would be nice. I would hardly call rough timelines "not feasible".

@Shadowth117 I'm I living in an alternate reality? Is there or is there not a pandemic going on? The Japanese crew literally said no updates for JP for a while due to the virus. On the NA side of things, what if they only have a skeleton crew? Let's go a step further and assume they are all working remotely from home ... What if that crew gets sick? What if they have technical difficulties and have to take time to fix infrastructure problems, what if there are other delays? My thing is, when you are fully manned and fully functional it is much easier to give projections and dates. When you are working with less than that you lose your ability to accurately predict ... That is all I am saying. THAT was what is was implying by my "Not Feasible" comment.

@Likaizam All I am saying is that clearly someone is still posting Twitter statuses for NA nearly every day and we haven't received any kind of communication on what Coronavirus means for NA server at all in the first place. But even just them stating that that's holding them back from things would honestly be great.

We have next to no transparency from the update team at a time when even the slightest bit would very much help put people at ease. The Twitter put this out on saturday: https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1259166658981232642 and has put out a number of personalized responses to people all of last week so I can't imagine it couldn't be done if Sega wanted. I'm sure they would share things too if they were allowed to, but that they're being either kept in the dark themselves or have been told to avoid it as a policy.

@Shadowth117

Personally, I would completely understand if recent world events delayed the game's patch cycle. I, too, would just like confirmation so I know what to expect. There wouldn't be any hard feelings, at least from me. They are just so busy with rappy memes which makes me slightly concerned. I have no issue with rappy memeing either. But a general idea on what to expect in the near or distant future would be great! It would only benefit them to divulge some actual information for the sake of transparency.

@Risefromruin89 said in Content release road map.:

@Shadowth117

Personally, I would completely understand if recent world events delayed the game's patch cycle. I, too, would just like confirmation so I know what to expect. There wouldn't be any hard feelings, at least from me. They are just so busy with rappy memes which makes me slightly concerned. I have no issue with rappy memeing either. But a general idea on what to expect in the near or distant future would be great! It would only benefit them to divulge some actual information for the sake of transparency.

GMs did say somewhere on the forums/etc. that the content delivery is not affected by Covid-19, and they plan to have everything up to Episode 6 out by the end of the year. As a result of this, you can expect a major content patch/update every 2 months or so if they plan to keep it within the year.

@Shadowth117 said in Content release road map.:

They seem to be releasing content in a pretty simple pattern: Elder -> Luther -> TD1.... we can easily surmise following these will be TD2, Magatsu or TD3 followed by the other, Profound Darkness , then TD4, maybe ultimate quests thrown in somewhere for good measure. It would just be nice to get official confirmation or hints of this since a lot of this was planned way in advance of the release. It's not as if they're deliberating over what they're putting in each week the week before.

There were also the city and chrome dragon urgent quests between Elder and Luther. It's possible the mothership urgent quest may be released sometime soon as well, maybe between mining base 2 and 3 or after mining base 3. In JP it was released between mining base 2 and 3, if I remember right, and it's an urgent quest that can still happen randomly there, so it's very likely it won't be skipped, I think.

It's pretty sad how many people are gullible enough to think a pandemic has ANYTHING to do with videogames. There is almost 0 reason for ANYONE involved in game development to set foot in an actual office, it's an industry perfectly suited for telecommuting. Even shareholder meetings are being done remotely!

My point is NOBODY in this industry deserves a pass from the covid-19 situation unless an indie developer happens to come down with the actual virus themselves. The fact is they simply don't feel like we matter enough to be kept abreast of the games status. As long as we keep buying scratch tickets CLEARLY they are doing their jobs "well enough".

@SpeedierJam1135 This is something that affects more the JP version than the NA version at this point, but, it's very likely that it's just not feasible for voice acting and music to be handled remotely (in the case of NA, it depends on how much english voice acting has already been recorded for future content).