PC - Release date (Specific Date Information Request)

it's about the anticipation for me. I don't mind waiting a bit longer for PC as long as they be a little more transparent and communicative. It's a high anxiety time period and there are very few good MMOs on the market. Nothing hurts more when you finally, towards the very end of May, tell us the game is being pushed back.

Tell us if the release is still on track for late may, or tell us it might be delayed. Tell us something.

May halfway over so I mean wouldn't be surprised if NA PC version got cancelled again.

@DankNugs9429 said in PC - Release date (Specific Date Information Request):

May halfway over so I mean wouldn't be surprised if NA PC version got cancelled again.

Cancelled, doubtful. Delayed, could be.

We need to remember, this is not 2012 wherein promises were made for the game to be released in the west. The game "is" here, just not on the 'correct' system yet.

LOL @ people saying it's gonna get cancelled just because it's past half of MAY. LMAO!

There are 2 MAINTENANCE DAYS left in MAY for this game. IF PC release doesn't happen on those days, then it didn't make the May release. Speculating that it's not getting released in late May just cause people want to tarnish the rep of this game, doesn't mean it's going to happen.

Mainly PC players have belittled consoles for a few decades now. And all of this is really deep rooted angst, cause a PC game was brought over to a NG console from JP Servers to NA servers. People can talk around it all they want. Yet at the end of the day, whether they admit it or not, they didn't like what they considered inferior having a superior moment. That's what happens when persons have a superiority complex. They want something first all the time. They never want anyone to be over them, regardless of the scenario. Earned or not, they want it first.

Xbox brought it over West. Xbox wanted to make some money from it. As a Xbox PSO2 console player, I would have loved for it to been released on PC at least a month ago. I also want it released worldwide, and on as many platforms. Yet if people are going to dog the Xbox for getting it outside of JP, then why do they not expect the same Heat back?

How typical. And I don't care how many people quote my post and get angry. I am not going to get in a back and forth with you. Bait me all you want.

You guys will have your information by this time next week at the latest.

I still don't get this hatred, animosity, and toxicity between PC and Console fanboys that constantly gets brought up. I say "fanboy" because I have a PC and multiple other consoles (Playstation, Xbox, Nintendo, yadda.) So I don't side with either group, I just choose what I would rather use at the time. Regardless, you would think for a MMO the more players together, as a community, instead of a "us" versus "them" mentality would be a good thing. I just wish that the community as a whole would come together and be excited for each other. Whatever, right? Some people live for that conflict and can never let it go.

Keep your fingers crossed PC players. Console players, I hope you continue having fun for months to come. I hope the NA PSO community will stay for a while, here is to another 8 years of prosperity!

@Likaizam said in PC - Release date (Specific Date Information Request):

I still don't get this hatred, animosity, and toxicity between PC and Console fanboys that constantly gets brought up. I say "fanboy" because I have a PC and multiple other consoles (Playstation, Xbox, Nintendo, yadda.) So I don't side with either group, I just choose what I would rather use at the time. Regardless, you would think for a MMO the more players together, as a community, instead of a "us" versus "them" mentality would be a good thing. I just wish that the community as a whole would come together and be excited for each other. Whatever, right? Some people live for that conflict and can never let it go.

Keep your fingers crossed PC players. Console players, I hope you continue having fun for months to come. I hope the NA PSO community will stay for a while, here is to another 8 years of prosperity!

I want a community to work together too. like with ff14 ps4 and pc players are fin with each other on that game. I hope it is like that with pso2 but I have a feeling that a Xbox extreamest will be a jerk to pc and ps4 players no reason. Now don’t get me wrong I am a person with multiple systems too. I just want what is best for the community of gamers and the pso2 community and to just get along because we all will working together in the future anyways.

@thunderman1155 said in PC - Release date (Specific Date Information Request):

@Likaizam said in PC - Release date (Specific Date Information Request):

I want a community to work together too .like with ff14 ps4 and pc players are fin with each other on that game. I hope it is like that with pso2 but I have a feeling that a Xbox extreamest will be a jerk to pc and ps4 players no reason. Now don’t get me wrong I am a person with multiple systems too. I just want what is best for the community of gamers and the pso2 community and to just get along because we all will working together in the future anyways.

Considering There are some toxic Xbox players (including Toy) who want to constantly attack pc players (the superior race garbage) that’s up to them . To which If any of them who are toxic are whining about lack of content they need to take their own advice but enough about this console war nonsense .

I do however agree with toy at least in this instance with regards to how Xbox did only get a weeks notice on open beta . while I am still sceptical it’s still too early to really say as for all we know it could get dropped on us on Tuesday . I also think there’s more reason due to the GMs making a pc hype thread . I doubt they would do that if it was not close .

I honestly kind of don't care anymore. This forum and the subreddit are some of the most unfriendly, elitist and confrontational communities I've ever seen. Then not to mention the fact that people on here are talking about the server pop already declining. No one on here is excited about anything they're doing with the game they just argue with each other constantly. The sub-reddit only has 25k members and has an insane amount of drama for a sub that small. At this point it's looking like Sega is going to push back the PC release date again and honestly, I probably won't even bother downloading it when it does launch.

Sega adding a premium pole dance emote is a pretty pathetic cash grab and really shows how this game is doing financially.

Also, The game uses gameguard for anti-cheat, which is effectively a rootkit. So... that's lovely.

I'm posting here (and I've read the entire thread so far), because I want to provide some constructive feedback. I have avoided the forums and the site for the most part, but I was hoping with the month half-over they might have snuck out a date.

First, I played the JP version when the western launch for PC failed way back when... But I didn't play it long as I didn't really know anyone playing it and random people where more often than not Japanese (for obvious reasons), so their was a strong language barrier. So after about a week I gave up. And gave up ever getting to play PSO2 and I played the original PSO on dreamcast using a dial-up modem (and the original Phantasy Star as a kid on the Sega Master System).

That said... While I can wait until it comes out... If I want to bring other people I know to play I need to be able to tell them when they can start to play. I don't know anyone else who played PSO2 on the JP servers and heck I don't think anyone else I know has even played a Phantasy Star game. Because I can't tell them (yet) 'this game I'd like to play with you guys is coming out on X date!', I can't ask them. I also don't want to start early and then invite them, because that way lies with me way outpacing everyone I invite. I also don't want to be left behind as all other PC players come in and I sit around waiting a month for the people I know to play. I likely need 2-4 weeks to get a group together to try a game with me. So far all I have is 'maybe the 26th' and zero official word.

If I was a guild looking to pick up a new game I wouldn't look at PSO2. They would need a date. Guilds typically want at least a core group that play the game at 'launch'. Already hard to do for PSO2 where the Xbox One has had a headstart (which makes it even less appealing). I'm not hating on Xbox, I owned a xbox and an xbox 360... I wouldn't play an MMO on them though.

@ToyWarsKen said in PC - Release date (Specific Date Information Request):

Mainly PC players have belittled consoles for a few decades now. And all of this is really deep rooted angst, cause a PC game was brought over to a NG console from JP Servers to NA servers. People can talk around it all they want. Yet at the end of the day, whether they admit it or not, they didn't like what they considered inferior having a superior moment. That's what happens when persons have a superiority complex. They want something first all the time. They never want anyone to be over them, regardless of the scenario. Earned or not, they want it first.

You have been obsessed with your "PC players hate me and want to play before me" victimism since PSO2 first made their Twitter account and it is getting ridiculous at this point, because literally no-one has ever said they wanted the game before XBOX ONE.

All PC players have ever asked was, first to join the Open Beta and then to have a simultaneous release.

That you cannot comprehend that we believe both sides of our community should have been able to start at the same time, and you somehow extrapolate that into some weird and fetishistic XBOX hate is nothing short of pathetic.

Give it a rest.

AC emotes have been a thing since 2012, so that is a very weak analysis.

There is certainly too much toxicity everywhere, but that's the NA way! (/s?)

I find it very hard to believe that anyone who is invested enough to have their blood pressure increase as a result of a game being exclusive for a limited period of time would actually keep their word when they say "they don't care" or "won't play it if x happens".

Could be wrong, but Maslow favors my assumption.

Isn't it obvious at this point that it is very likely Microsoft had some exclusively deal with console release? I never understood why pc players on social platforms start these arguments. I am a PC gamer myself and just because I wanted to play and support Microsoft's effort I bought a console to play on time. I bet Sega would of never brought the game over here. Also at the end of the day a company will not do anything in return for nothing.

I am not sure if this is even a good thread to keep open anymore. Too much toxic everywhere I go, So what if PC gets it or not? I personally don't own an Xbox and this game is old, there is literally not much to look forward too that hasn't been done already on the JP version. seeing how Xbox players are, it made me not even bother get an Xbox for this game on release. You all can say all you want, but from what I have seen it is mostly the Xbox players being toxic as hell even to the most basic of questions from PC players. At this point it's if the game comes out it comes out, if not then well Microsoft can milk it on Xbox for a few months maybe a year. at least they did give a little hint of saying "late may" even if this may not seem like much, how would they know 100% sure they can release on time with the way the world is?

That being said, most of the hate that PC players get is getting annoying there is no superior race, PC or console, their all just a box that you put power in to play stuff, either it's a movie, or a game, or just a social media, you can do both on either, you may have some limitations on what to play or not, but the point is their basically the same shit, just with a different main focus. So hating? are you both so bored to have to post hate? before you call me out on this, yes I am bored so I am posting.