PC - Release date (Specific Date Information Request)

@LFSkyden said in PC - Release date (Specific Date Information Request):

@GM-Deynger Just so you know, This Copy/Paste Answer, isnt helping the Anxious PC Players to calm down.

I Believe the GMs got a NDA, so I wont annoy them too much, but those automated answers really get annoying(I think its the 7th different MMO that I see that exact answer)

Reason for Edit: Grammar mistake

db6caf59-4cb7-4a12-b15f-dad6bbb1d645-image.png

@Alexandrious947 said in PC - Release date (Specific Date Information Request):

@GM-Deynger Just so you know, This Copy/Paste Answer, isnt helping the Anxious PC Players to calm down.

I Believe the GMs got a NDA, so I wont annoy them too much, but those automated answers really get annoying(I think its the 7th different MMO that I see that exact answer)

Reason for Edit: Grammar mistake

db6caf59-4cb7-4a12-b15f-dad6bbb1d645-image.png

10904358006_9f9c5ff1f6.jpg

Honestly, I'm just annoyed at the radio silence. Even if they give us a date, and on that date go. "Oh wait.. actually.. we need to push it back to tomorrow." It would be better than zipping their lips. Every time someone asks this question (and it's a question I want answered too) it feels like the team working on it just stare at us blankly and ignore the fact that we're even talking to them, asking for something.. anything.. for a game we've been waiting a very long time on. Especially when the PC release is going to bring far more players than releasing early on the Xbox One ever would have.

@GM-Deynger said in PC - Release date (Specific Date Information Request):

@Obviously223 said in PC - Release date (Specific Date Information Request):

So expressing my disappointment in their lack of communication isn't constructive criticism? I'm not being rude about it. I can't be anything other than honest about how I feel.

It is perfect. One of your posts was expressly used as feedback, actually. We want you to be honest, just don't be hostile and explain yourself well.

Thank you for understanding.

If the PSO2 NA team was able to tell us the release date, they would have. They obviously can't and asking them repeatedly is just going to frustrate them because I'm sure they really want to. If they didn't care at all, they would just give us 100% radio silence and ignore these threads completely, but instead are posting here and telling us they're passing our concerns to the people in charge who make the decisions, because they literally can't do any more than that. If they could do anything more, they would. It's pretty clear from the Twitter and other responses that the team does genuinely care and wants PSO2NA to succeed.

We can be mad that we don't have any more information, sure. But it's not the fault of the GMs or probably even the NA team - The higher ups likely don't have a concrete date set yet and don't want to announce one only for it to backfire. But saying that doesn't inspire confidence in investors and customers, so they tell the community team to just say nothing. It sucks, but that's just how it works.

The best thing to do is wait and see - Some of you have waited 8 years. Don't fumble at the finish line and don't shoot the messengers!

I do appreciate the GM's and all since i'm guessing the communication with Japan is similar to PSU. I also only plan to play on Xbox. However it's interesting to me that a game is going to release in "late May" which is a random day in the next 2ish weeks, and there's no date. I think most games have a release date more than 2 weeks out as it "sells the game", just kind of weird on the higher ups end.

@Aida-Enna said in PC - Release date (Specific Date Information Request):

If the PSO2 NA team was able to tell us the release date, they would have. They obviously can't and asking them repeatedly is just going to frustrate them because I'm sure they really want to. If they didn't care at all, they would just give us 100% radio silence and ignore these threads completely, but instead are posting here and telling us they're passing our concerns to the people in charge who make the decisions, because they literally can't do any more than that. If they could do anything more, they would. It's pretty clear from the Twitter and other responses that the team does genuinely care and wants PSO2NA to succeed.

We can be mad that we don't have any more information, sure. But it's not the fault of the GMs or probably even the NA team - The higher ups likely don't have a concrete date set yet and don't want to announce one only for it to backfire. But saying that doesn't inspire confidence in investors and customers, so they tell the community team to just say nothing. It sucks, but that's just how it works.

The best thing to do is wait and see - Some of you have waited 8 years. Don't fumble at the finish line and don't shoot the messengers!

I agree with this. If they could say something, they would. The fact that they aren't means that they aren't allowed to. Even with the launch of the OBT, the NA Team knew when it was going to start for awhile, but they couldn't say anything yet. They confirmed this at least a few times. This is how ALL businesses work, especially those in Japan.

@Aida-Enna I could go along with this, if I didn't already know there was a fully functioning release of this game that SEGA has had out for years overseas, that is proven to work on PCs and has a good track record of doing so. When essentially all they need to do is get the files for whatever version we're on, drag and drop the text files and the voice files from one folder to another, pack it up, and put a download button on the main page.

I'm not saying that exactly how it would work to get it ported over, but it's not like they're having to rebuild PSO2 from scratch for the PC. They ported it over to a console it wasn't even released on.. but are delaying releasing a version that they should, in all honesty already have.

I may be missing something, sure. But keeping it dangling over our heads without so much as a release date, when we're two weeks out from the end of the period they've named just feels.. wrong.

@AirFox597866915 said in PC - Release date (Specific Date Information Request):

@Aida-Enna I could go along with this, if I didn't already know there was a fully functioning release of this game that SEGA has had out for years overseas, that is proven to work on PCs and has a good track record of doing so. When essentially all they need to do is get the files for whatever version we're on, drag and drop the text files and the voice files from one folder to another, pack it up, and put a download button on the main page.

I'm not saying that exactly how it would work to get it ported over, but it's not like they're having to rebuild PSO2 from scratch for the PC. They ported it over to a console it wasn't even released on.. but are delaying releasing a version that they should, in all honesty already have.

I may be missing something, sure. But keeping it dangling over our heads without so much as a release date, when we're two weeks out from the end of the period they've named just feels.. wrong.

Yeah, but that may not be the hangup. Even though the PC port is finished, there could be other reasons why:

A) Microsoft taking a long time to get back to them about hosting it on the store

B) It being rewritten into a Universal Windows Application in order to make it harder to hack

C) Various red-tape/third parties taking forever because of COVID-19

Not to mention the JP team is probably really backed up with stuff - Japan has never really embraced the work from home thing so it's severely slowing down everything. Even PSO2JP said they won't have a fun scratch for a bit because of COVID-19. And since the JP team is in charge of NA and presumably makes all the decisions... 😧

Well, that works just as well as looking at a cut and telling it to stop bleeding, many PC Players are afraid of a repeat of the "Release" of NA Servers 8 Years ago,

1. That is one of THE worse comparisons ever made in the history of this planet.
  2. Most PC players likely don't give a flying you-know-what about that, they care that the game we've been playing in the JP servers with a Tweaker to translate everything is finally coming to the west.

What YOU feel isn't what "many PC players" feel.

Now now, keep this thread clean of attacking others so that it is more condensed with feedback and opinions for submission purposes, please.

@Aida-Enna I don't think it has anything to do with the upper management not knowing, I think it is more of the head team not communicating things to the voice of the NA version.

Evidence lending to that theory is that thenNA launch proceeded without any word from the NA voice at all. The tweet was made after news articles and players reported what the in-game prompt stated.

The head honchos could be operating in a manner that does not divulge specific dates for anything until it is time for it to happen, to prevent the occurrence of "leaks" outside of their controlled cabinet.

@GM-Deynger I appreciate all the work being done and all, but to be bluntly honest, It really hasn't felt like the PC players have been listened to at all or even considered for that matter. The only mentions for PC news at all have been small statements tacked onto something unrelated (I.E. - the first mention of PC launch being a small little line tat the end of the huge post about XBOX's official launch and all that) and the only times that it has been mentioned on the twitter are in replies to comments and not stand along posts that are more visible, and honestly I stopped looking at the twitter for the most part because i was pretty sick of seeing all the toxicity towards the PC player base that was on it. Then factor in all the stuff that is time limited that has or will end before PC even gets to touch the game, I think its pretty easy to see why the PC players are feeling neglected and ignored.

A small suggestion to help with this, late as it may be. When making statements and posts about PC info, could they be on the site here and actual posts of their own and not something tacked onto another post unless its relevant to what is being said?

I understand how you feel, and will speak with our team about this. This is an area I can have a direct impact in. 🙂

@GM-Deynger Impact away fearless leader! Go forth and let them know how soul crushing it is for their loyal community to suffer due to their lack of communication!

A good excuse you could give them so they will give us a release date might be "Hey, the 60th anniversary of Sega is coming up on the 3rd of June, shouldn't we let the PC community know if they will be able to enjoy the festivities of such an occasion in game?"

We are counting on you, for if you fail I fear the folks in charge of the twitter will be in DEYNGER of going insane because of the constant spam they received about the PC release date.