PC - Release date (Specific Date Information Request)

@ThisTuesday said in PC - Release date (Specific Date Information Request):

@GamerKillance said in PC - Release date (Specific Date Information Request):

They did give a release date. They've stated late may many times now

Late May is a date? I thought it was a time frame?
I mean the 26th is a date but Spring 2020 isn't and neither is late May.

@Subject-Astra said in PC - Release date (Specific Date Information Request):

Because this forum is filled to the brim with people who like to complain before bothering to research.

People have wanted the game for 8 years just to get treated like you are talking to some angry girlfriend

PC players: Hey babe what do you want for dinner
Sega: ...
PC players: something wrong
Sega: ...
PC players: come on we've had this planned and we're really looking forward to it!
Sega: I'm going over to Xbox houses I'll let you know when I'll be back don't bother calling

I mean even the Late May was relegated to a small note at the end of the XBox release not even it's own article with any details initially. I mean this is one heck of an abusive relationship. People would probably be much more open to it if this was billed as an Xbox timed exclusive like it turned out to be, but even then there would be WHEN spam

They said "late Spring" from the start, it being late May doesn't mean this is an abusive relationshit for goodness's sake and it still fits within that parameter.

You see WHY i keep saying people do nothing but complain and spread doom and gloom since the betas started? A lot of you here are actively TRYING to find more reasons to bash the game. The communication is horrid, yes, but they gave us a date and some of you are STILL complain about it!!

@Ephireon said in PC - Release date (Specific Date Information Request):

Anything man, tell us some files got corrupted, we'll patiently wait for you to fix them.

You're not being patient when they flatout said "late May", but you're saying you'd be patient if they said "we have a problem, we have to delay and we don't know how much"?

I would prefer a concrete notice that it's being delayed to complete radio silence. It's not about patience, it's about the anxiety created by the perception that PC players are largely being ignored and I think that perception is fair given the amount of hype and lead-up to the Xbox release.

I certainly understand that Xbox is the priority and why, but an indeterminate date like "late May" feels like a dismissive hand wave especially when many of us experienced the game's cancellation for PC in the west nearly a decade ago. Of course we're anxious and of course we want them to hype the release so we can feel like it's close instead of the Schrödinger's Box state of "maybe it will launch this month, maybe it won't" that we feel right now.

Should some people calm down a bit? Maybe. But complaining is one of the only ways that PC gamers are able to express their excitement right now in lieu of any solid news. If they want us to talk about something else, they should give us something else to talk about.

The thing is, the PC release is NOT delayed, or at least not yet. Until Late May comes and the game doesn't release, you can't possibly say it has been delayed. Late May would be any time between May 20 and the end of the month.

@Obviously223 said in PC - Release date (Specific Date Information Request):

many of us experienced the game's cancellation for PC in the west nearly a decade ago.

You guys remind me of a jaded ex with how many times you bring out the past.

Especially when PSO2 is still up in Japan and doing great.

Should some people calm down a bit? Maybe. But complaining is one of the only ways that PC gamers are able to express their excitement right now in lieu of any solid news. If they want us to talk about something else, they should give us something else to talk about.

......yes, because constructive criticism suddenly stopped existing, complaining is now the only way to show excitement. I'm a PC player too and you don't see me freaking out, mainly because we already waited so many years hoping the game would come to the West and now it is, waiting till the date they stated isn't a problem.

Just so you all know, all of this feedback has been gathered and will be relayed to the team.

This post is deleted!

@GM-Deynger Just so you know, This Copy/Paste Answer, isnt helping the Anxious PC Players to calm down.

I Believe the GMs got a NDA, so I wont annoy them too much, but those automated answers really get annoying(I think its the 7th different MMO that I see that exact answer)

Reason for Edit: Grammar mistake

@LFSkyden said in PC - Release date (Specific Date Information Request):

Just so you know, This Copy/Paste Answer, isnt helping the Anxious PC Players to calm down.

......stop being so damn anxious, how about that? You act like we're owed this.

Copy/Paste Answer, isnt helping the Anxious PC Players to calm down. I Believe the GMs got a NDA, so I wont annoy them too much, but those automated answers really get annoying(I think its the 7th different MMO that I see that exact answer) Reason for Edit: Grammar mistake

Actually, that was not copy/pasted. If you view other threads I've posted on you'll see similar but not identical comments. As a gamer myself, I know the community likes to feel acknowledged, and that is what I'm doing. I can go back to quietly lurking instead, if you'd like.

So expressing my disappointment in their lack of communication isn't constructive criticism? I'm not being rude about it. I can't be anything other than honest about how I feel.

@GM-Deynger Since Im already Annoying you, any chance we will get the other SG sources that they have on JP, or we are getting something different(no need for a direct answer for this one, you can be as vague as needed)

So expressing my disappointment in their lack of communication isn't constructive criticism? I'm not being rude about it. I can't be anything other than honest about how I feel.

It is perfect. One of your posts was expressly used as feedback, actually. We want you to be honest, just don't be hostile and explain yourself well.

Please understand there is a TON of content yet to come for the NA version. Naturally this includes many systems that are not currently in place.

@Subject-Astra said in PC - Release date (Specific Date Information Request):

Just so you know, This Copy/Paste Answer, isnt helping the Anxious PC Players to calm down.

......stop being so damn anxious, how about that? You act like we're owed this.

Well, that works just as well as looking at a cut and telling it to stop bleeding, many PC Players are afraid of a repeat of the "Release" of NA Servers 8 Years ago, For me, I can wait, I still havent finished all the RPGs I got on my PC(and I still got around 5 still on to download from store)