PC - Release date (Specific Date Information Request)

@GamerKillance said in PC - Release date (Specific Date Information Request):

@Subject-Astra said in PC - Release date (Specific Date Information Request):

JP devs aren't known for transparency with western audience's.

FFXIV begs to differ. You mean the same ff14 devs that usually never answer NA questions and region lock special outfits/items to Asian countries only?

This coming from a guy who's been subbed to that game since day 1 of early access for FF14 ARR. They kinda do ignore the NA audience with the exception of game shows. Even GM's are lack luster towards us.

GMs in FFXIV actually, sometimes, RP back at players through the GM chat. We've also had GMs sometimes (rarely) grant requests such as seeing them in person. The developers of FFXIV do look at the FFXIV Reddit a lot, and soken does answer English tweets sometimes:

alt text

Instagram link for reference: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi0XnkuB1wg/

Region-Locked items in FFXIV usually are in Korea/Chinese versions, which have a different client / servers separate from the JP/International version. (JP + International share servers.) We did eventually get some of these region-locked items (such as the flaming wheel mount thing.)

@coldreactive said in PC - Release date (Specific Date Information Request):

FFXIV begs to differ. You mean the same ff14 devs that usually never answer NA questions and region lock special outfits/items to Asian countries only?

This coming from a guy who's been subbed to that game since day 1 of early access for FF14 ARR. They kinda do ignore the NA audience with the exception of game shows. Even GM's are lack luster towards us.

GMs in FFXIV actually, sometimes, RP back at players through the GM chat. We've also had GMs sometimes (rarely) grant requests such as seeing them in person. The developers of FFXIV do look at the FFXIV Reddit a lot, and soken does answer English tweets sometimes:

alt text

Instagram link for reference: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi0XnkuB1wg/

Region-Locked items in FFXIV usually are in Korea/Chinese versions, which have a different client / servers separate from the JP/International version. (JP + International share servers.) We did eventually get some of these region-locked items (such as the flaming wheel mount thing.)

Plus the fact Yoshi P himself constantly logs into the the western servers to have fun with the players.

And yet they're not, but good lie mate. Also you wrote that in the quote by accident.

Not believing doesn't make it a lie. When I come back from work I'll SS my sub time to show you how long I've been playing for. NA has been ignored so much compared to their JP community or just Asia in general.

I do not often agree with Astra but it is true that the FFXIV team has been great and listens to Western players at the very least to no minor extent to other developers in the west.

And yet they're not, but good lie mate. Also you wrote that in the quote by accident.

Not believing doesn't make it a lie. When I come back from work I'll SS my sub time to show you how long I've been playing for. NA has been ignored so much compared to their JP community or just Asia in general.

.......dude, you know perfectly well that your dumb sub time is not what i meant was a lie.

NA barely has a few months under its belt, IN CONSOLE, not even in its main machine which is PC and you're already saying it's "been ignored so much" compared to the 10 years the JP version has been up?

@IfrianMMO said in PC - Release date (Specific Date Information Request):

I do not often agree with Astra but it is true that the FFXIV team has been great and listens to Western players at the very least to no minor extent to other developers in the west.

I think he's stuck in the past, like Pre-Heavensward, where the devs did kinda seem to ignore the western players, but they started listening and talking at around Heavensward itself. One can't really say that a developer ignores Western players when they actually bother to not only put English translations on the slides they use, but they also translate everything and post it so everyone can read.

Was not Xbox release date Announced only 1 week from release ? Also wouldn’t a pre load be kind of possible? I know steam has done it in the past preloading a game before release then on release doing an update to allow use of it? Could that not possibly happen with pso2? Like release majority of files then give the final files to run it on release?

@IfrianMMO said in PC - Release date (Specific Date Information Request):

I think he's stuck in the past, like Pre-Heavensward, where the devs did kinda seem to ignore the western players, but they started listening and talking at around Heavensward itself. One can't really say that a developer ignores Western players when they actually bother to not only put English translations on the slides they use, but they also translate everything and post it so everyone can read.

I'm stuck in the present. Ff11 had the same problem and so does ff14. Heck most asian MMO's typically discredit NA audience's. My favorite is their surprised when a game from Asia does well in NA. Great example is Fire Emblem. Another great example is Hideo Kojima when his game flopped and claiming NA/EU can't understand the game. Not MMO devs, but JP devs nonetheless.

For the past two decades NA has been the step child for any dev in Asia.

I'm stuck in the present.

No, no you're not. Most games do it because they're mainly cashgrabs, FFXIV does not do that since pre-Heavensward. Hideo Kojima also said from the very beginning that not everyone would like the game and many wouldn't understand it, he never complained that NA/US can't understand it. Enough with the lying.

When even Ifrian and me agree on something, you should start understanding you're wrong.

No, no you're not. Most games do it because they're mainly cashgrabs, FFXIV does not do that since pre-Heavensward. Hideo Kojima also said from the very beginning that not everyone would like the game and many wouldn't understand it, he never complained that NA/US can't understand it. Enough with the lying.

When even Ifrian and me agree on something, you should start understanding you're wrong.

"I don't agree with you thus you're wrong."

Your argument in a nutshell.

so... are we at the cannibalism part? Can I start handing out pitchforks and flamethrowers while you guys go at it?

@RagnarokSlayer a preload ins't entirely impossible but it would not make much sense at this point. The idea of preloading is usually to have the game with you prior to its servers going live or the game itself being activated. Given that the PC version essentially uses the same servers as the Xbox One version, it makes very little sense to do this as it serves nothing more than to delay the PC version even more by giving PC players the game client but not letting them connect to the servers which Xbox One players are already playing on.

At best I believe the PC version's planned to release prior to the servers going down for maintenance and once the servers go live again, Xbox One and PC will be able to play together.

I think the "preload" will be flipping the switch during maintenance and allowing it to start installing while the servers are offline.

Would be funny if that option became available during the past server downtime rather than the current one, which is entirely possible considering other times didn't shift with the new maintenance time.

Unless of course someone important sees this and now double checks.

Well done not bothering to read since i actually prove my argument, but if it helps you sleep at night, sure.

Well done not bothering to read since i actually prove my argument, but if it helps you sleep at night, sure.

And you continue to ignore what i said previously. That was easy enough to disprove. GG