PC - Release date (Specific Date Information Request)

I mean, i am pretty much sure they are the first ones to be upset about it, way more than we are ourselves.

Think about it, most the world has been on lockdown for 2 months, that was literally the perfect, most ideal scenario for a MMORPG to release, with literally milions of people bored at home and available to play.

I am sure they did all they could to release on time once the threat of lockdowns loomed, but i guess it was too little too late by then.

Sure, we are upset for what happened, but i am sure they are ten times more upset than we are, missing that chance & the profits.

Perhaps we should be taking all issues with this game up with microsoft themselves, since going through sega accomplishes officially nothing.

@SpeedierJam1135 said in PC - Release date (Specific Date Information Request):

Perhaps we should be taking all issues with this game up with microsoft themselves, since going through sega accomplishes officially nothing.

What would that do exactly since Sega is ultimately the one in charge anyway?

I'm under the impression that we'll either get some news this Tuesday or Wednesday.

I also believe that they've been very rocky with communication and hope that changes post-PC release, which isn't unlikely.

They said late may for PC release. Isn't that enough? Likely means last week of may.

Because saying "Late May" is totally enough information for us to know about PC launch. Let's not forget about the fact that Xbone had a preload of the game, so it would be nice if we could get information if PC is going to get one as well or not.

But I digress, because asking for a bit more transparency is asking for too much.

Good lord, all you guys need to calm down. They mentioned late May already and if you go by the update/new content or patches they've done, it's every Tuesday so far. It's either going to be May 19th (next week) or May 26th which is in 2 weeks from tomorrow. My money is on May 26th since they said late May. As long and there isn't any delays, that's what your looking at for PC release.

@Novaline said in PC - Release date (Specific Date Information Request):

Because saying "Late May" is totally enough information for us to know about PC launch. Let's not forget about the fact that Xbone had a preload of the game, so it would be nice if we could get information if PC is going to get one as well or not.

But I digress, because asking for a bit more transparency is asking for too much.

Remember this is Sega JP collaborating with Microsoft. JP devs aren't known for transparency with western audience's. The fact they gave a for sure release month is good enough for most at this point due to waiting 8 years.

@GamerKillance said in PC - Release date (Specific Date Information Request):

JP devs aren't known for transparency with western audience's.

FFXIV begs to differ.

@Subject-Astra said in PC - Release date (Specific Date Information Request):

FFXIV begs to differ. You mean the same ff14 devs that usually never answer NA questions and region lock special outfits/items to Asian countries only?

This coming from a guy who's been subbed to that game since day 1 of early access for FF14 ARR. They kinda do ignore the NA audience with the exception of game shows. Even GM's are lack luster towards us.

I highly doubt there will be a pre-load for the PC version, since the game itself is already live and there is confirmed XBOX One and PC cross-play. If they did do a "pre-load", it wouldn't really be a pre-load, since you would be able to play immediately when it finished downloading, making it an actual release instead. A pre-load would essentially be pointless and just called a launch instead because of this.

@Ragnawind

I pretty much figured, but it sucks knowing that I have to sit and download the game. It doesn't take me a long time, but others aren't so blessed to have fast internet. As someone who used to be on DSL for a long time up until 2 years ago, downloading anything sucked.

Usually " Spring 2020" or "Late something something" Means something is still in development, not finished, or bound by an Exclusive agreement (yes the game is a timed Exclusive right now)

However if it was the agreement alone we could still get a date, however they may be getting a kickback from Console sales so the player base can go do you know what with itself.

@Ragnawind

I pretty much figured, but it sucks knowing that I have to sit and download the game. It doesn't take me a long time, but others aren't so blessed to have fast internet. As someone who used to be on DSL for a long time up until 2 years ago, downloading anything sucked.

yeah, I had ADSL up to a couple years ago, as well. I then switched to cable that started at 30MBPS, which was just over double the speed of my old ADSL connection (just over 12MBPS), that later got upgraded for free to 45MBPS and then 100MBPS, as the cable provider's slowest speed kept rising after they merged with other cable companies. So I understand that it might still take awhile for others, as well, and it would be nice to have a pre-download, but it isn't really feasible, since it already released on another platform and will be cross-platform.

@Subject-Astra said in PC - Release date (Specific Date Information Request):

FFXIV begs to differ. You mean the same ff14 devs that usually never answer NA questions and region lock special outfits/items to Asian countries only?

This coming from a guy who's been subbed to that game since day 1 of early access for FF14 ARR. They kinda do ignore the NA audience with the exception of game shows. Even GM's are lack luster towards us.

And yet they're not, but good lie mate. Also you wrote that in the quote by accident.