PC - Release date (Specific Date Information Request)

Sega and MS Teams (and mods):

Please provide an actual specific release date for PC. Thank you for your time,

Regards,

K

The mods more than likely aren't allowed to discuss that, which is why the other thread asking about PC release date had not had a GM response at all.

Late May is probably going to be the only answer we get. I personally expect an announcement this coming week, and then the release the week after.

Communication would be nice, but it's not worth making another thread for this when it'll go unanswered.

I don't disagree with your sentiment.

However I very much disagree that posting and showing interest in a well spoken manner in a game a company (should) want to sell is a bad thing.

At the least the mods should pin a thread for all requests on PC data or discussion could go there.

K

"Eventually", especially when it seems the team is horrid with communication.

Kate May is all we are getting until Sega tells the PR team otherwise, which could be as early as this Tuesday. It will likely be at the bottom of this week's normal maintenance post, like the announcement of Late May at the bottom of the XBOX One official launch post for April 14. They have already planned around more major maintenance updates being carried out every 2 weeks. From April 14, those major update markers would be April 28, May 12, and May 26. Based on this, the earliest possible announcement would be May 12 with a launch on May 26, after the next major maintenance. They can't open up for PC until a major maintenance, either, since that would cause a lot of issues just randomly releasing it outside of a maintenance window. May 26 is also the only date fitting their 2 week maintenance schedule that even counts as late May, hence why many expect that to be the PC release date.

@Ragnawind I definitely appreciate the info on the maintenance schedules. That will come in handy (soon I hope)!

We're basically 2 weeks out at this point and they have yet to even start talking about PC. TWO WEEKS away and there hasn't been ANY hype building for the PC to wrangle in additional people outside of those already waiting for it. The system the majority of players will utilize and they decide it's a better idea to release it under the radar than it is to get the word out there and market it to the masses. They haven't invested a dime in marketing it for the system that actually matters. There's a reason why I've never seen this happen, it's bad business. Did Msoft really give them that much money to stay hushhush. Hot dang lol. I firmly believe my dog could make better decisions than these people.

@Z0DIAK-BRAVE said in PC - Release date (Specific Date Information Request):

We're basically 2 weeks out at this point and they have yet to even start talking about PC. TWO WEEKS away and there hasn't been ANY hype building for the PC to wrangle in additional people outside of those already waiting for it. The system the majority of players will utilize and they decide it's a better idea to release it under the radar than it is to get the word out there and market it to the masses. They haven't invested a dime in marketing it for the system that actually matters. There's a reason why I've never seen this happen, it's bad business. Did Msoft really give them that much money to stay hushhush. Hot dang lol. I firmly believe my dog could make better decisions than these people.

I mean, Microsoft also publishes the PC version in NA, so it would make no sense that they would sabotage their own launch.

What i assume happened is that they tried to make some cash by releasing on XBOX first, and then the COVID caught them with their proverbial pants down, and unable to change their course before the lockdowns put a stop to / slowed the process.

See, these are good points that you guys bring up.

Take this to their Twitter, and you'll be met with white-knight fanboys screeching at us "entitled" PC players always asking for everything and that we should wait like they did. 😬

I really do think that the pandemic probably screwed with their planned roadmap for the game, but I feel like this should of been the time to be transparent about that if that was the case. We would definitely understand, but being in the shadows 2 weeks near the end of May is.... frustrating.

Lets not forget that the reveal for the PC version's May release was just shoved near the end of a completely unrelated post about something else and was barely a few sentences, we don't even know if they'll release ANYTHING big alongside it for the console players who have been here for a while.

It reminds me of when Arena Net finally revealed that they're making another expansion after they've had nothing but controversies since Iceborn Saga's announcement. They literally only said 2 sentences about it at the end of a blogpost that had nothing to do with it.

I am PC, so I get your frustration but they DID say "Late May" ... We aren't even through the half-way point yet. Half of 30 (31 technically) is 15; or 15.5 ... So sometime after May 15th, 12 pm noontime, if you want to get technical, we will be in the latter half of May. Then MAYbe we will get an announcement then. I know being patient is tough, but we are just gonna have to do it.

@IfrianMMO

Yeah, I believe this virus disrupted a lot of things. Game development was clearly one of them. Many other big names companies, such as Square-Enix, have made official announcements regarding FF XIV's customer support and game development. They had to cut most customer support and they also delayed the game's patch cycles for the safety of their employees. Even if Sega hasn't come right out and said it, I would be very surprised if they weren't impacted similarly with PSO2 NA.

It makes no sense why, if the virus disrupted things, they not just come out and be upfront with us then. I am pretty sure most people would be very understanding given the current things in the world and give them kudos for being open and transparent with things. Instead all we have from them is pretty much silence, which all that is doing is cause a fairly toxic divide between Xbox and PC players cause everyone is just getting frustrated.

Also, yea its still technically the first half of the month, but hyping up the PC release ahead of time would make sense. Honestly they have handled the NA release less then great and need to get their butts in gear on that. It doesn't have to be releasing the PC date tomorrow or whatever, but at least some beside a single blurb at the bottom of an announcement 'celebrating and hyping the Xbox official launch'. It could be little bits and pieces for what PC can expect when we jump in. Just some kind of acknowledgement that there is this whole other player base just chomping at the bit play instead of the silence we have been getting.

@RynMuse said in PC - Release date (Specific Date Information Request):

It makes no sense why, if the virus disrupted things, they not just come out and be upfront with us then.

Because it would be an admission of incompetence.

To begin with, PSO2 should have released on XBOX and PC at the same time, as the game is originally a PC game and it was already ready.

The only reason why they released on XBOX one first is clearly to bank on those juicy console sales that long-awaited exclusives produce.

So already making half of your community wait for longer because of greed is something that will not make many happy, and in fact, it didin´t.

If to that, you add that you were slow to react to a global pandemic and you were forced to close shop and make us wait even longer.......

It speaks for itself.

And it gets even worse when said PC community that you accidentally screwed over, was already mistreated and screwed over in the previous game of the series, Phantasy Star Universe, to add salt to the injury.

The entire situation is a fail of untold proportions, and while there is nothing we can do but wait patiently, because by now it´s obvious there is nothing that can be done that they are not already doing, it is probably best for them to just hope it gets swept under the rug once release happens and everyone is too busy enjoing the game, to be upset at them.

So at this point, not giving news until they are good news is probably for the best, before they piss even more people.

And may The Great Light have mercy on their souls if they have to announce a delay.

fair point, this late in the game i guess all we can do is just be a little optimistic and wait to see what happens. Its a very damned if you do, damned if you don't kinda situation for them.