PC EU - Region Lock?

When it comes to steam it should be fine for EU ppl to buy funds seeing as u can just use steam wallet ^^

Ah hopefully that is the case . I would put some money down on another char slot so I can have 1 pure mag between 4 characters (I assume buying a char slot gives that char a bound mag too? So i would go for 1 char with a pure p atk , 1 pure r atk , 1 pure tech and 1 pure dex char )and probably more storage slots . Plus eyeing up the ragol pack but probably won’t do it going though all the hoops atm

I see for some of you it worked to redeem a gift card, I did the same with a US currency. Ive got one problem, and that is it requires me to give up a US billing address to actually use it, is there a workaround for this?

@Rakler5395 said in PC EU - Region Lock?:

I see for some of you it worked to redeem a gift card, I did the same with a US currency. Ive got one problem, and that is it requires me to give up a US billing address to actually use it, is there a workaround for this?

If you have a saved payment method, remove it. That should be all you have to do to bypass the billing address requirement, since it will always detect that there is a saved payment method first, even if you use pre-paid currency on a cash card. If you don't have any saved methods of payment, I don't know what could be causing it. All I have heard from others is that you can't have a saved payment method on your account and you can buy stuff just fine.

If you have bing you can also buy the card vie code and send it. That's how I used to do it with the old codes that pa didn't allow. I used to play with a big clan, and a lot of them where from ipswitch. When I did clan events that's how I got around the region locks.

@Rakler5395 I used the Rosen Inn internationals address in Florida, I stayed there last year lol It worked fine.

With the upcoming steam release; this thread did not age well.

@Silversoul1490 said in PC EU - Region Lock?:

With the upcoming steam release; this thread did not age well.

With the Steam release also being region locked for a bunch of EU countries this post really did not age at all.

As a person from the Netherlands I managed to get the USA version from the Microsoft store while the PSO2 page on Steam is not available at all..... Multiple other threats also are about the Steam version being region locked in a bunch of other countries from EU.

From what I gather the locks revolve around loot box laws possibly.

@Nerzarn Seems like the region locked countries are a mix of countries with lootbox laws and also countries that don't appear in the list of countries that support XBox Live?

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/regions

If I'm not mistaken, all the currently supported countries appear in that list (there are countries in that list that aren't suppoted though).

The list of available countries from SteamDB: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russian Federation, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, Great Britain, United States

This amount seems to be far too less than the list that supports Xbox Live to be only about the loot box laws. Also loot boxes aren't fully banned in the Netherlands, only loot boxes that contain content that can be sold for real money within the game are banned in my country. Like being able to make profit from them, which is something I haven't noticed to be in this game. (It also doesn't seem to be available in Hong Kong and Russia according to some other thread while they are on the list) I hope it will get resolved before the release, but I doubt it. Guess I have to keep using the Microsoft store version.

@Major-Tom 42 countries that are supported by XBox Live, 35 countries that are supported by PSO2.

The 7 countries from the XBox Live list that aren't supported by PSO2 are Japan (which have their own servers), Netherlands, Belgium, China, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia and Korea.

Why aren't these 7 countries supported? Other than Japan I have no idea, the only thing that is clear is that only countries in the XBox Live list are supported except for these 7.

@Ezodagrom said in PC EU - Region Lock?:

@Major-Tom 42 countries that are supported by XBox Live, 35 countries that are supported by PSO2.

The 7 countries from the XBox Live list that aren't supported by PSO2 are Japan (which have their own servers), Netherlands, Belgium, China, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia and Korea.

Why aren't these 7 countries supported? Other than Japan I have no idea, the only thing that is clear is that only countries in the XBox Live list are supported except for these 7.

Belgium have banned lootboxes and maybe Holland did aswell not 100% what happened there

@Ezodagrom Guess the only option right now is waiting for an official statement.