PC EU - Region Lock?

Hey was just wondering are EU players able to play NA PC launch? I was told in a twitch stream that you'll have to set your region to NA in order to download the game if you are not within NA which means having to directly do it via desktop region settings which is slightly annoying but hopefully that isn't the case ^^ Would be nice to have clarification if staff even reply here.

This is the song that doesn't ennnnnnd....it just goes on and on my frieeeeeends......

@MissBammyUwU said in PC EU - Region Lock?:

Hey was just wondering are EU players able to play NA PC launch? I was told in a twitch stream that you'll have to set your region to NA in order to download the game if you are not within NA which means having to directly do it via desktop region settings which is slightly annoying but hopefully that isn't the case ^^ Would be nice to have clarification if staff even reply here.

You actually have to do it via changing your billing address on your Microsoft account to that of a US Address. In addition, the store only accepts USD, meaning if your bank/debit/credit card doesn't have a currency exchange feature, you won't be able to buy anything and miss out on AC Scratch and the Ragol/etc. packs. Not to mention, you will never be able to ship transfer, make more than three characters total across your entire account, nor add more skill trees.

My pinned thread in Guides and Help has a topic linked that deals with what you asked in your opening post.

Okay, coldreactive Thats some false Information there.

I Tried a few things out and read Most of the Threads and Posts from Sega since the Announcment for Xbox. I live in germany and im playing on xbox at the moment but will switch to pc when its out

The things i Can tell so far:

First of all yes you have to Change your Region settings inside of windows and your location settings inside your Microsoft Account to US after you did this you will be able to use the US Store on your PC. There will be no way to download the game inside european Stores. Its Important to change both and to Restart your Pc After That, otherwise you will be still at your old Regional store.

Second, you can buy USD Xbox gift Cards from any online Store and Use them on the Microsoft us store Even to buy things in pso2(testet that many times xD)(North American or United States Gift Cards, Dont know why their These two different ones, but i testet Both and both work Fine)

But the sad truth is That for Now there is no Real announcment for a Real global realese....

But you can Play With no real downsides on the US Servers 😉 and the Region Changes do Not affect your already bought software or games bought on your Microsoft Account and Not Even Other Games On Steam, Battlenet, Epic Launcher or Uplay, as far as i Can Tell.

@Reaver912010 said in PC EU - Region Lock?:

Okay, coldreactive Thats some false Information there.

I Tried a few things out and read Most of the Threads and Posts from Sega since the Announcment for Xbox. I live in germany and im playing on xbox at the moment but will switch to pc when its out

The things i Can tell so far:

First of all yes you have to Change your Region settings inside of windows and your location settings inside your Microsoft Account to US after you did this you will be able to use the US Store on your PC. There will be no way to download the game inside european Stores. Its Important to change both and to Restart your Pc After That, otherwise you will be still at your old Regional store.

Second, you can buy USD Xbox gift Cards from any online Store and Use them on the Microsoft us store Even to buy things in pso2(testet that many times xD)(North American or United States Gift Cards, Dont know why their These two different ones, but i testet Both and both work Fine)

But the sad truth is That for Now there is no Real announcment for a Real global realese....

But you can Play With no real downsides on the US Servers 😉 and the Region Changes do Not affect your already bought software or games bought on your Microsoft Account and Not Even Other Games On Steam, Battlenet, Epic Launcher or Uplay, as far as i Can Tell.

You still haven't told us if you can actually buy AC/etc. You've only told us you can redeem gift cards.

@coldreactive I wrote „Even to buy things in pso2“

Im Was able to buy ac or Star Gems or the Ragol Pack with the Gift cards. And ist was possible to redeem them at the us store on my PC and buy it afterwards on Xbox. But it also Works if you directly redeem them at the buying Process.

@coldreactive sry for my grammar but this auto correction on my Ipad always change every english word that Germans usaly dont use on a Daily Base.....

All you need to do is change your region to US (Don't need an address) and just purchase gift cards and apply them to your account to purchase in game stuff.

I’m in the UK and I use Playasia to get US codes which have worked perfectly with PSO2 for me.

I just wish I knew if it’s coming to the EU will the account transfer over because Iv spent £100 so far and don’t want to drop anymore if I can’t use the account when it eventually comes out!

No US accounts will Stay as US Accounts, when it Comes to EU their will be new Servers. But as i Said there are no downsides in playing the Us Version so there is on Need to Switch to the EU Version when its out. And as bolton Said you Dont need to switch to an us address. Not on Xbox and not even on Pc to play the Us Version. Just change the settings on Xbox and on pc change the account and windows Regional Settings.

@Reaver912010 The downside is lag on the populated blocks, I need to move to a quiet one to play!

Alright thanks. slightly annoying and I am sure it will stop a lot of EU players from playing the game because of not knowing about having to change your region

@Reaver912010 and @Cooper2085 , nothing is confirmed so far about how a potential EU release would be handled. As far as past Phantasy Star titles have shown... EU versions share servers with NA versions.

At its bare minimum, the game would simply not have any EU servers and its basically what we already have except that we don't need to jump through hoops to buy AC. At best, we have some Ships hosted in Europe which we can (optionally select). But I highly doubt we would have an entire separate European version with separate servers and updates.

Yeah hopefully we wont have to mess about with region settings and stuff and they just manage it keep it simple 😛

As an EU player I’m probably gonna stay a free player until the hoop jumping is gone (not too bothered about changing region to download it but not so much every time topping up having to get certain gift cards and such) . I ain’t so bothered about an EU server but then again I don’t really play the same time as European players (excluding atm where I am on night shifts )