SG cosmetic "sales" and the current state of SG.

@zaffy2005

I enjoyed Destiny a lot, I used to run Raids a lot with my clan and I hated how I had about 12 mythoclast but couldn't trade or give them to my friends and clans members. I loved playing the game, and Was going to get the season pass, though it came out the week of my bills so I was going to pick it up in 2 weeks after. But the treatment to the player base was so disgusting That I couldn't bring myself to support what they did. My friends and clans members offered to buy it for me but it wasn't the issue. It was the principle of the factor that you don't treat your player base like that. I stopped and went back to warframe and really gave them a chance and just never really left.

There are company's that shit on their community, Capcom, Konami(sadly now) and Ea. Though some do get better, this with Sega right now I don't like. Nostalgia to the side, it's a bit underhanded.

@ERICK001BC Heh, meanwhile I was on the other end of RNG. I had 26 Chatterwhite shaders but didn't get my first Mythoclast until about 2 months after they had completely and utterly nerfed it into the ground AND made it "time locked" so it couldn't be infused to the cap at the time.

Destiny, to me, was a game of infinite potential but absolutely piss-poor execution. I loved what the game could have been, and from a strictly gameplay perspective it is a VERY good game. Smooth, intuitive controls, movement that is very fluid and just feels right, and one thing I have to say for Bungie, they make extraordinarily beautiful scenery. I would often stop after clearing out enemies and just take a few minutes to look around, stare at the sky box, and just drink it in. But in pretty much every other way the game sucked, and fell short of games that were made decades ago. Heck look at PSO2. Game came out in 2012, Destiny came out late 2014. Destiny was marketed as a "social game" yet you could only communicate with people in-game if they were part of your fireteam and getting them there involved them having to leave, go back to orbit, fly back down to the surface, and wait on a loading screen. Zero communication capabilities with anyone outside your fireteam aside from using the console's messaging system. Altogether a very antisocial "social game." Meanwhile PSO2 lets us address the entire "lobby" all at once, set up "party beacons" that list a desired goal to recruit teammates, in so many ways embodies what a "social game" should be capable of.

@zaffy2005

We enjoyed a lot of the same things in Destiny. The scenery was one of those awe moments. Like you knew you may never live to see these in real life but at least like this it was nice.

In all fairness, PSO was always ahead of it's time. With the setup now, it kind of backtracked a bit on the $pectrum but still the game itself is what should be valued. Back on the dreamcast and gamecube it was always a game way ahead of it's time. And I truly hope they improve for the future to follow.

Well we got another "sale" that was originally AC scratch items on JP. The first ones were atleast scratch bonus items. IMO this will keep going forever if they add scratch items. https://pso2.com/news/announcements/sgshopsale0522

@GM-Deynger said in SG cosmetic "sales" and the current state of SG.:

Hello all. Yes, this feedback is frequently being reported by me. I can say with happiness that we do have a track record now of implementing community-suggested improvements (and some NYI) so we'll see how this goes.

Out of curiosity, is that why the two new sale sets are separate based on gender unlike the Ethan and Karen one?

@Midori-Oku could have been a result of player feedback.

Hopefully they continue at least separating the packs.

Now if we could get them to put each one individually on "sale"!

Especially the emotes, those need to be by their lonesome.

Dear GMs please tell the devs that unless they plan to open a permanent SG shop to sell these packs in like the PSU stuff, please stop Listing it as a sell when it’s not, you can only say it’s a sell if the item is already for sell at the base price, example if you say put say the Sid Schraedel Set (Packages) [820 SG] and you slash the price to 410 now that’s a real sell not a made up one, marking these packs as sells when they are not will lead to distrust, and I really don’t want Sega to become the next EA

So why, exactly, are you guys turning popular AC items into untradable, unsellable SG items and charging stupid prices for them when there's a whole swathe of SG Scratch items you haven't even delved into yet? Because I find this not only shady a.f. but slightly concerning, because if you plan to also bring over the SG scratch and just triple down on how much SG you demand of NA players, I think the game's future might already be in concern. No one I know recommends this to other people anymore, all I hear about it is how greedy it is because you've focused more on monetization and squeezing every drop of cash you can from whales than fixing the game and making it bearable to play. The translation is still garbage, the content is still boring to play through because we have nothing to grind for and no items to chase. You keep cannibalizing AC items instead of offering people proper SG items.

I don't get it, but I don't like it. And I'm not alone.

@zaffy2005 said in SG cosmetic "sales" and the current state of SG.:

@ERICK001BC Heh, meanwhile I was on the other end of RNG. I had 26 Chatterwhite shaders but didn't get my first Mythoclast until about 2 months after they had completely and utterly nerfed it into the ground AND made it "time locked" so it couldn't be infused to the cap at the time.

Destiny, to me, was a game of infinite potential but absolutely piss-poor execution. I loved what the game could have been, and from a strictly gameplay perspective it is a VERY good game. Smooth, intuitive controls, movement that is very fluid and just feels right, and one thing I have to say for Bungie, they make extraordinarily beautiful scenery. I would often stop after clearing out enemies and just take a few minutes to look around, stare at the sky box, and just drink it in. But in pretty much every other way the game sucked, and fell short of games that were made decades ago. Heck look at PSO2. Game came out in 2012, Destiny came out late 2014. Destiny was marketed as a "social game" yet you could only communicate with people in-game if they were part of your fireteam and getting them there involved them having to leave, go back to orbit, fly back down to the surface, and wait on a loading screen. Zero communication capabilities with anyone outside your fireteam aside from using the console's messaging system. Altogether a very antisocial "social game." Meanwhile PSO2 lets us address the entire "lobby" all at once, set up "party beacons" that list a desired goal to recruit teammates, in so many ways embodies what a "social game" should be capable of.

lol yikes

@A-Silver-King yea bad vibes all around. Allot of amazing looks are AC scratch items and if they all end up being in these gross bundles that UNTRADEABLE gonna be a bad time.

@Y1-Mythoclast

To be fair my favorite revolver didn't drop until about 2 months of grind every time x3 for that fatebringer. Still think I am missing 1 gun from that raid, Not sure if the shotgun or the burst. I used to do the glitches to skip past and knock out Atheon, Then When they patched I started doing it normal until it dropped.

It def feels like this new scratch is in direct response to the feedback they received. Yet it still sucks they are doing these in the first place, I guess this would be "common ground". I start to wonder, if these where released on old ac that we have yet to receive, will they be doing this set up with past AC, or are those sets going into rotations. IE Hatus miku ac stuff will come back in a year again.

@Midori-Oku said in SG cosmetic "sales" and the current state of SG.:

Hello all. Yes, this feedback is frequently being reported by me. I can say with happiness that we do have a track record now of implementing community-suggested improvements (and some NYI) so we'll see how this goes.

Out of curiosity, is that why the two new sale sets are separate based on gender unlike the Ethan and Karen one?

I was not there when this sale was designed, so I'm not able to comment on why the decision was made. Personally I would like to think it was due to community feedback though.

@Nuebot said in SG cosmetic "sales" and the current state of SG.:

So why, exactly, are you guys turning popular AC items into untradable, unsellable SG items and charging stupid prices for them when there's a whole swathe of SG Scratch items you haven't even delved into yet? Because I find this not only shady a.f. but slightly concerning, because if you plan to also bring over the SG scratch and just triple down on how much SG you demand of NA players, I think the game's future might already be in concern. No one I know recommends this to other people anymore, all I hear about it is how greedy it is because you've focused more on monetization and squeezing every drop of cash you can from whales than fixing the game and making it bearable to play. The translation is still garbage, the content is still boring to play through because we have nothing to grind for and no items to chase. You keep cannibalizing AC items instead of offering people proper SG items.

I don't get it, but I don't like it. And I'm not alone.

All of this feedback has been relayed to the team.

@Midori-Oku said in SG cosmetic "sales" and the current state of SG.:

I was not there when this sale was designed, so I'm not able to comment on why the decision was made. Personally I would like to think it was due to community feedback though.

Either way, it was a small improvement at the very least. Hopefully separating the genders into different packs will continue. Im still more concerned about stuff not being added account wide from both "sales" and fresh finds though.

I'm glad @GM-Deynger is passing all this along.

Gonna preface this by saying I appreciate you guys aren't slamming down calling honesty "being deconstructive", many of us personally want this game to flourish, we didn't wait this long for it to fall flat on its face due to poor monetization. Anyways.

Accessories/Hair not being account unlocked makes buying these packs awful.

Nor is there an option to unlock them due to the limited stock nature of the FF Shop. Again, awful.

Asking for almost $50 worth of SG for a cosmetics bundle you can't even share amongst your alts is silly, especially if they're untradeable. This is the biggest peeve with the SG model, it's just bad business. It doesn't make us want to wave our credit cards.

Pricing, that's a risky dingo, personally I feel that asking near $30-50 for Sid Schraedel, the emotes, or the PSU packs is steep, even if one has the disposable income to burn. On top of that being items that veteran fans KNOW were AC items in the past, not exactly inspiring community confidence y'know?