Clothes low resolution texture?

I tried looking this up to see if anyone else has mentioned or noticed it, but only found people talking about the screen resolution difference between Xbox models.

Anyway, during the beta my friend pointed out that my character's clothing looked like crap, like it was low res and pixelated. Of course, on my end it looked fine, but then he took me to the gate ship and took out my friend avatar that was wearing the same outfit and there it was, low resolution textures. The crisp lines were completely jagged. All fine detail, gone. Even the tattoos were a blurry mess.

We ended up going around the main lobby and started looking at other characters and noticing it on pretty much everyone. The only clothes that didn't seem to have the problem was all the starter clothing. Everything else looked bad. I was hoping it was something that was just in the beta and would be solved by launch, but here we are in May, still has the same problem.

I played the game a lot on JP, pretty recently even. But I honestly can't remember if that was a problem on there. Anyway, has anyone else noticed it or know why it's like that? Maybe just hardware limitation on the Xbox? FYI both my friend and I are playing on the Xbox One X.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before in another post and I just didn't see it.

No you're not wrong.

A lot of the textures seem to be a bit hard to see and not as crisp. You can especially tell with the lace wear, and those stripe patterns where it struggles to get the texture correct. I have noticed a little improvement on the 4k tv, But even in the website the texture for items is very noticeable vs what is out. It might just be the xbox itself not able to handle rendering, or the tv. Might also be because of the heavy blocks, considering the lag for blocks 1-3 especially.

It's something the game does for whatever reason, even on PC. Costume textures on your character will look fine but on other players they'll look pretty bad up close.

I don't have this issue at all everyone clothing is clear and crisp I have a xbox one x though and a 4k smart TV so that maybe reason why,but I do see it on my friends pictures they post because they don't have a x and I see it

@ComplexZeru said in Clothes low resolution texture?:

I don't have this issue at all everyone clothing is clear and crisp I have a xbox one x though and a 4k smart TV so that maybe reason why,but I do see it on my friends pictures they post because they don't have a x and I see it

Yeah, my sister has the 4 k with the x and I can see it a little better on hers, but other people in those big lobbys are a bt harder to see, they kind of even look similar to the retro pixel from 1 & 2. lol

Who knows, maybe a patch later will fix it.

@ERICK001BC I'll have to try going to a less occupied block and see if anything changes. It's not a big deal really, but it would be nice to see everyone the way they customized/see themselves.

@Kos I guess I didn't pay much attention to other players on PC to remember how it looked on them. It'd be cool to get a patch but whatever. It's not really a big deal.

Yeah, would be nice if those frills stand out on my auxiliary, especially with the maid stuff I put on her, but ehh, not a big deal really. I am worried for when those fishnets come in how hard the rendering is going to have to work.