Server Pop declining?

@redPG said in Server Pop declining?:

I'm still of the belief that Episode 4,5,6 is when things will pick up for the game. The first three episodes imo are extremely boring imo

Imo you imo may imo have imo some imo point :D.

Still wasn't 4th episode considered worst of them all?

@Chiryuu2609

People say Ep4 was the worst because of the story.

Episode 5 was the worst according to the playerbase in JP. Terrible balancing, terrible content, mediocre story (at the beginning).

@Novaline said in Server Pop declining?:

@Chiryuu2609

Episode 5 was the worst according to the playerbase in JP. Terrible balancing, terrible content, mediocre story (at the beginning).

Well I'm not sure about others but I'm mainly concerned about the story itself.

@Chiryuu2609

If you want my opinion on Ep4's story, I'll give mine.

It isn't as bad as people say it is. The issue with Ep4 is that towards the end of the story, it felt rushed, rather than being completed. There were a few arcs and a lot of the main cast of characters that I loved, personally. For a side-story episode, it wasn't that bad. I quite enjoyed it.

I don't want to spoil you, but it does have..... typical tropes throughout the story.

@Chiryuu2609 said in Server Pop declining?:

@redPG said in Server Pop declining?:

I'm still of the belief that Episode 4,5,6 is when things will pick up for the game. The first three episodes imo are extremely boring imo

Imo you imo may imo have imo some imo point :D.

Still wasn't 4th episode considered worst of them all?

I didn't mean to type imo twice but funny I guess.

The story of this game in nonsensical and I could care less about it. But Ep. 4 content > Ep. 1-3

@Subject-Astra said in Server Pop declining?:

@IfrianMMO said in Server Pop declining?:

Just a reminder that for F2P games, what truly matters is not so much the amount of players but the amount of whales/paying players.

A game with 500 players of which 50 are whales and 300 are paying customers may stay open whereas a game with 2000 players of which only 7 are whales and 150 are paying customers may shut down.

It´s all about the money.

You really like being negative.

Hes not wrong.....sadly.

sighs.

WWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEE DDDDDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDD MMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYBBBBBBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEE .... or maybe not ... Jebus, hindsight is 20/20 for a reason, we will just have to wait and see. If they kill the game in NA they kill it, it's not like they act as if they want it to be out here anyway. Maybe they are trying to tank it on purpose, grab Micro$ofts money and run. Or maaaaaayyybbee, just maybe, it is too early to tell.

You have problems man, serious problems.

Again, speak for yourself since your "points" seem to be non-existent. All you do is complain and then go after anyone who disproves you. You're so focused on being right you truly think saying "the playerbase doesn't matter, the whales do" is a positive.

@Novaline said in Server Pop declining?:

@Chiryuu2609

Any Details on the terrible balancing and content i stopped playing after ep 4.

@Y1-Mythoclast The class that was introduced with that Episode, Hero, was initially balanced to completely outperform every class, effectively making it the only viable end-game class, and this was made even more apparent with the game mode that was introduced along with it, Buster Quests.

Buster Quests are essentially Tower Defense with a couple of phases where you rush the boss, and they were basically balanced to only work effectively with Hero due to that class having the highest mobility of any class at the time, to the point where a Hero could be all the way across the map before anyone else even made it half way.

Additionally, the intention with Buster Quests was for them to be the content for Episode 5, where they would update them with new Maps (that had no real impact on the Quest) and enemies, with no new Free Fields or anything resembling a traditional Quest. Add to that that the system for them involved Stamina for the Main Matches (where actual drops would come from) which required you to play Free Matches to restore (which only dropped Buster Medals).

After the second or third "update" to Buster Quests, things were heavily rebalanced so that other classes were closer to Hero both in terms of damage and mobility, and the plan to continue to update Buster Quests was scrapped.

I stopped playing because I was done paying for gold/ultimate.

Ultimate perks should habe included monthly premium. I have no other interests on the system (only gamepass game I've beaten is Super Lucky's Tail!). Just waiting on pc so I can drop the money on premium pass instead of Ultimate.

@Subject-Astra said in Server Pop declining?:

You have problems man, serious problems.

Again, speak for yourself since your "points" seem to be non-existent. All you do is complain and then go after anyone who disproves you. You're so focused on being right you truly think saying "the playerbase doesn't matter, the whales do" is a positive.

How was that a complaint? Explain in which way was that a complaint?

You are seriously paranoid, i said that technically PSO2 could survive with a lower playerbase if enough players were paying customers and you are accusing me of complaining and being negative.

You just screwed up and instead of admitting it, or heck, just backing off me, now you are trying to double down.

There probably is quite a range of things as to down it’s falling a bit

The biggest thing probably is lockdowns are starting to lift . People slowly going back to work , people probably wanting to go out and possibly catch up with people who they may of not seen or heard from in months

People rushed the content. With the time off from the lockdown some people probably just grinded it out and are now bored or possibly got burnt out . Again combine that with the first point and it could be people taking a break

People just waiting for others to make rooms . This is another possibility . Some people just do not make rooms and just wait for someone else to make them .

As for the whole episode 4 thing ain’t people mainly wanting episode 4 less for the story and more so for the weapons and such? And is not the class hero from episode 4 (I am sure it was from 4 anyway) very popular?

@RagnarokSlayer

No Hero is from the beginning of Episode 5, hence the OP with the Hero characters and the Crimson Dragon.

@Novaline

Ahh ok I couldn’t remember if it was 4 or further . I just remember a lot of people saying good thing about the hero