Server Pop declining?

@coldreactive

Yep. Around here, public schools are still closed indefinitely, along with many other businesses. That could change in the coming weeks, but time will tell. It all depends on what the state and federal governments decide. It would be SMART to stay quarantined but too many people are all like "BUT MUH RIGHTS! SOMETHINGSOMETHINGTYRRANY!" so...yeah. It's an election year, so it won't surprise me at all if our leaders cave to public pressure. They shouldn't, but they probably will. A few months from now we'll be back to being quarantined because so many people fail to understand the consequences of their actions.

@Risefromruin89 said in Server Pop declining?:

@coldreactive

Yep. Around here, public schools are still closed indefinitely, along with many other businesses. That could change in the coming weeks, but time will tell. It all depends on what the state and federal governments decide. It would be SMART to stay quarantined but too many people are all like "BUT MUH RIGHTS! SOMETHINGSOMETHINGTYRRANY!" so...yeah. It's an election year, so it won't surprise me at all if our leaders cave to public pressure.

I'm glad most people in the Madison Metropolitan area are very aware of how fgragile their city's ecosystem is, most of the time. We have special tree markings/covers for ash bohrs, we have gypsy moth warnings and fly-overs with planes depending on population of them. But our fair city used to be a swamp, so it's no secret we have our problems. We can never have a subway system as a result.

Many places have started easing lockdown restrictions and moving into phased reopenings of multiple business types/restaurants, and even our Zoo is reopening soon (May 13th).

COVID-19 won't delay the PC release because the server infrastructure isn't impacted by Japan's stay at home directives.

News of the PC release will probably trickle out next week followed by a predownload date.

I feel bad for anyone who never made it to Disneyworld before all this stuff happened. It definitely won't be a magical experience with the "new normal" framework being implemented around the country.

The Corona situation is going away slowly, that's true (and it's for the best). But on the other note about the game population - there are several mmorpgs that have around 5.000 players in total and still lives on, so no worries, even if population of the pso2 won't stay at big numbers after one-two years (though I think it will), it will still be there :).

Yea, the poor retention has nothing to do with covid-19. It is almost a joke to pretend it does. They are simply not releasing compelling reasons to keep playing fast enough. Instead of releasing another scratch line they should release crafting (which should already be in the game anyways) or another chapter. Of the people in my 85 person alliance (who still play) none will be spending any more money on the game until there is something WORTH spending on, and costumes are not going to cut it. There's no reason to buy costumes for a game there's nothing left to do in.

@SpeedierJam1135 said in Server Pop declining?:

Yea, the poor retention has nothing to do with covid-19. It is almost a joke to pretend it does. They are simply not releasing compelling reasons to keep playing fast enough. Instead of releasing another scratch line they should release crafting (which should already be in the game anyways) or another chapter. Of the people in my 85 person alliance (who still play) none will be spending any more money on the game until there is something WORTH spending on, and costumes are not going to cut it. There's no reason to buy costumes for a game there's nothing left to do in.

Be patient, young one.

It's just a matter of time, Like all games people will come back. Honestly I been juggling this, Warframe, COD, watching anime, and working. As a Scientist/HCW I get about 10sec per every case I do, and that's why I am here on the forum (plus other stuff). That sounded wrong, like ebay and other gaming news/redit/forums.

@ERICK001BC I am trying to finish Witcher 3 and all the DLC before it leaves Gamepass again.

Then again, Red Dead Redemption 2 just got added and I still haven't played that either.

And eventually the stores gotta start sticking PS4s in store again, so I will finally be able to play FF7R. Lots of fun stuff to do while the JP dev team decides to remain tight lipped about everything.

You just reminded me I have about 200+ hours on Fire Emblem Three houses and still haven't gotten all the content play through stuff experience. There is plenty to catch up on.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Server Pop declining?:

so I will finally be able to play FF7R

If you didn't notice, the box says it's an exclusive for a year. Hoping for an immediate steam release once that's up next year. It was surprising to see such a notice on the box, especially on the front of the box. But Square Enix always plans remakes for portable / consoles like this nowadays. Trials of Mana, the Android ports of various FFs were all a year exclusive, then they were immediately put on steam.

Just a reminder that for F2P games, what truly matters is not so much the amount of players but the amount of whales/paying players.

A game with 500 players of which 50 are whales and 300 are paying customers may stay open whereas a game with 2000 players of which only 7 are whales and 150 are paying customers may shut down.

It´s all about the money.

@IfrianMMO said in Server Pop declining?:

Just a reminder that for F2P games, what truly matters is not so much the amount of players but the amount of whales/paying players.

A game with 500 players of which 50 are whales and 300 are paying customers may stay open whereas a game with 2000 players of which only 7 are whales and 150 are paying customers may shut down.

You really like being negative.

alt text

o/ =^.^=

@Subject-Astra said in Server Pop declining?:

@IfrianMMO said in Server Pop declining?:

You really like being negative.

Dude, what are you even talking about?

This was not negative at all, in fact, if anything, this was a positive answer since it means that even with relatively lower numbers PSO2 could technically still be profitable as long as enough people shell out.

Do you even read my posts or do you just answer "LOL WHINER" whenever you see my name?

You have problems man, serious problems.

I'm still of the belief that Episode 4,5,6 is when things will pick up for the game. The first three episodes imo are extremely boring imo