Server Pop declining?

@Subject-Astra said in Server Pop declining?:

The definition of "good faith" seems to have changed it seems.

I wish you were able to admit that, while it is true that on occasion we have been too harsh on you, there have been times in which you have jumped the gun in your defense of the game.

I am not scared to admit that at times we have been too harsh and unforgiving in some of our complaining, but you too should admit that at times you have assumed the worst and attacked us when there was no need to.

No-one that has participated in the last few months of "drama" is innocent and we all have had our moments in which we have been unreasonable or too harsh, so let us not pretend to be on a moral high ground.

There is a lot of pot calling the kettle black around here and we all have been guilty of it at some point in our forum history.

Perhaps we should all stop, as by now everything to be said has been said a thousand times and all that is left is the bickering.

@IfrianMMO said in Server Pop declining?:

I wish you were able to admit that, while it is true that on occasion we have been too harsh on you, there have been times in which you have jumped the gun in your defense of the game.

I do admit it. However, it doesn't really change the fact that, with most of the complains [which includes complaining about content mere DAYS after the betas started and saying the game will fail because it doesn't have a profanity filter or a voice chat], i was right. At least they're slowly starting to stop.

Doesn't matter, my friends. You're both right because you enjoy Phantasy Star Online 2, or at least most aspects of it. Let's leave it at that. I'm positive there are a ton more things you could intelligently discuss that would benefit those who like to lurk quietly.

I'll be real. If I didnt' really like this game or NA version or care enough, I wouldn't even make community discords or input my feels or show my concerns for the game, nor would I bother to make a guide for it.

Pretty sure people are on the same page as me, as GM said - that we all do care about this region of the game to make it better. (I hope)

Hi all. Seeing these opinions left and right actually makes me happy because bottomline, YOU guys care about the game. You offer ideas that you think are for the game's best interest and we appreciate that. I agree that there are moments where emotions are flying everywhere but for me, it is an irrefutable fact of your love and emotional investment to the game, and for that, I would like to thank all of you. However, this is also not a reason to flame others because of the indifference in opinion so please, let's not forget to still be civil when having an intellectual discussion. 🙂

@GM-Bleed said in Server Pop declining?:

Hi all. Seeing these opinions left and right actually makes me happy because bottomline, YOU guys care about the game. You offer ideas that you think are for the game's best interest and we appreciate that. I agree that there are moments where emotions are flying everywhere but for me, it is an irrefutable fact of your love and emotional investment to the game, and for that, I would like to thank all of you. However, this is also not a reason to flame others because of the indifference in opinion so please, let's not forget to still be civil when having an intellectual discussion. 🙂

Words to live by.

I just want to see this game grow and be as fantastic as I know it can be. I couldn't play the jp servers and I haven't enjoyed myself as much since the original 1 and 2 on gamecube. I put so many hours into that, and I want to do the same with this one and support it enough where the fandom grows and continues to expand. PSO have always been dedicated and loyal to the series and have always loved it. I don't want to stop because of stupid little things that can be resolved with maturity.

Here is hoping to a brighter day, one sunshine at a time.

One of the main issues is that our community suffers a big gap in age and experience.

Veterans have been playing PSO for a longer time than newer players have been alive, and while this can be positive and nurturing, it also causes problems when it comes to the weight/prespective of ongoing issues.

What is a small issue or something undeserving of note to a new player, may be something unforgivable to someone who has seen similar issues happen for two decades.

And the thing is, that both prespectives are correct and valid in their own way, but they tend to clash when either party feels that their personal prespective is being threatened.

I think both sides should stop acting as judge and jury of other people´s opinions, complaints or praise, and just let the other co-exist and accept that not everyone will feel as we do.

@IfrianMMO said in Server Pop declining?:

One of the main issues is that our community suffers a big gap in age and experience.

Veterans have been playing PSO for a longer time than newer players have been alive, and while this can be positive and nurturing, it also causes problems when it comes to the weight/prespective of ongoing issues.

What is a small issue or something undeserving of note to a new player, may be something unforgivable to someone who has seen similar issues happen for two decades.

And the thing is, that both prespectives are correct and valid in their own way, but they tend to clash when either party feels that their personal prespective is being threatened.

I think both sides should stop acting as judge and jury of other people´s opinions, complaints or praise, and just let the other co-exist and accept that not everyone will feel as we do.

That is a valid point. Though, I long ago already knew that this game was not the same game as I grew up with. There are a lot of changes, some good and some bad imo but that doesnt mean that this game as it's own can't shine bright.

I would assume it is a lot harder on those who came from jp servers to NA, and see the backtrack the game is doing to catch up. As those issues you long and haven't had to worry about are now resurfacing or being created solely now.

But yes, I do believe working together we can definitely improve together, not just the game.

Back to my original concern with the server population, the last few weeks have been becoming more and more demoralizing in regards to the leveling process. I’ve tried starting my own groups, I’ve tried looking for groups, but my leveling has virtually stopped unless I run solo with 3 NPCs. And we know how fast that goes...

With that said, I know the increased exp Rate is there to promote grouping but as it stands there is no one doing so. Can we maybe increase the experience for solo play? Even if only temporarily?

Something.... give us a reason to log on.

@hAZE-1561

It depends on the mission and the time of day mostly. During the day EST it is a little slow, but as time moves on into the evening and semi late at night it picks up. That's on par with other games and their prime times. There's quite a few missions that people don't do because the rewards simply aren't there, and the ones people really want are locked behind other missions. Daybreak Province seems to get a lot of traffic because of this, both for Exploration and AQs. With the right incentive people will run just about anything. There just isn't a lot of that available currently outside of daily orders. Heck, I rarely see any groups for most of the AQ missions on the list and AQs are pretty dang good exp. Some are better for it than others, however, so that is where people will go.

@Chiryuu2609 said in Server Pop declining?:

@Jarfaru7600 said in Server Pop declining?:

Not surprised the Xboxer's are getting bored. The game is not really a console game. And don't rely on PC players giving the game a big boost here in NA. They are already playing in JP. That server got a major boost in new players because the Xbox exclusive crap MS is pulling.

PC release will rise population dramatically, not so many people play on JP, and many of these that play on JP will want to try also on Western server.

I played for some time on JP but couldn't stand bad translation so now I'm waiting for english server.

On the other note - it has really well adjusted UI for console and gameplay is great if you are using gamepad so I'm not sure what you are talking about when you are saying game is not really a console game.

That's false. A lot of them I talked to say they've invested too much here to just leave it all for PC. They had rare limited items from many events and crossovers in the past to simply give it up and start over again. But maybe some of them are waiting see how things play out here first before they decide to come give it a try. That Xbox Exclusive move was a dumb and big mistake.

@Zarozian said in Server Pop declining?:

@Chiryuu2609 said in Server Pop declining?:

@Jarfaru7600 said in Server Pop declining?:

Not surprised the Xboxer's are getting bored. The game is not really a console game. And don't rely on PC players giving the game a big boost here in NA. They are already playing in JP. That server got a major boost in new players because the Xbox exclusive crap MS is pulling.

PC release will rise population dramatically, not so many people play on JP, and many of these that play on JP will want to try also on Western server.

I played for some time on JP but couldn't stand bad translation so now I'm waiting for english server.

On the other note - it has really well adjusted UI for console and gameplay is great if you are using gamepad so I'm not sure what you are talking about when you are saying game is not really a console game.

That's false. A lot of them I talked to say they've invested too much here to just leave it all for PC. They had rare limited items from many events and crossovers in the past to simply give it up and start over again. But maybe some of them are waiting see how things play out here first before they decide to come give it a try. That Xbox Exclusive move was a dumb and big mistake.

That's false. A lot of them are already here and playing on ship 2. More will come.

@Chiryuu2609 There is zero incentive to drop JP after playing for years. Especially when stuff people got for meseta costs SG now. I play NA to hang out with friends from PSU. Even when NA is caught up, JP will still be my main game as it would cost thousands of USD to get all the cosmetics i got in JP for meseta over 8 years. I'm sure some others feel the same way.

@A-Silver-King said in Server Pop declining?:

@Chiryuu2609 There is zero incentive to drop JP after playing for years. Especially when stuff people got for meseta costs SG now. I play NA to hang out with friends from PSU. Even when NA is caught up, JP will still be my main game as it would cost thousands of USD to get all the cosmetics i got in JP for meseta over 8 years. I'm sure some others feel the same way.

Then why are you even here? Just to complain? You and your friends staying on JP doesn't change the fact a lot of people DO want to move.

I haven't been able to get in the game yet but based on personal experience, it's common for players to take a break from a game simply because they have experienced the current content to a degree that they find sufficient. I think there will likely be a large resurgence of players when new content is released.

Though there are a lot of reasons that could have an influence on the player base in such a manner. People are right that states are beginning to relax the lockdown and more places are opening again. In my state, they have even opened the nail salons lol. People will be going back to work and spending more time out with friends and family, resulting in less playtime.

Also burn out is a major factor. Everyone has been stuck in the house and spent most of that time playing this game for long hours. The nature of any MMORPG is progression, and progression is addicting. When someone has so much free time they are bound to spend it on something that releases dopamine, I.E. progressing in an MMOPRG.

Either way, I don't think anyone has much to worry about. The declining population will be resupplied a bit when the PC version is released and based on the content roadmap with the plans to catch NA servers up to JP content within a year, content should soon follow. Whoever keeps playing until then will likely remain a steady player for a long while, and some who left will likely return.