Server Pop declining?

@A-Silver-King said in Server Pop declining?:

@Chiryuu2609 There is zero incentive to drop JP after playing for years. Especially when stuff people got for meseta costs SG now. I play NA to hang out with friends from PSU. Even when NA is caught up, JP will still be my main game as it would cost thousands of USD to get all the cosmetics i got in JP for meseta over 8 years. I'm sure some others feel the same way.

So you admit you play here, or I understood you wrongly?

You all are so cute with your ridiculous squabbling and complaints. 🙂

@Alexandrious947 said in Server Pop declining?:

You all are so cute with your ridiculous squabbling and complaints. 🙂

alt text

@Chiryuu2609 said in Server Pop declining?:

@A-Silver-King said in Server Pop declining?:

@Chiryuu2609 There is zero incentive to drop JP after playing for years. Especially when stuff people got for meseta costs SG now. I play NA to hang out with friends from PSU. Even when NA is caught up, JP will still be my main game as it would cost thousands of USD to get all the cosmetics i got in JP for meseta over 8 years. I'm sure some others feel the same way.

So you admit you play here, or I understood you wrongly?

I play both versions.

@Zarozian said in Server Pop declining?:

@Jarfaru7600 said in Server Pop declining?:

Not surprised the Xboxer's are getting bored. The game is not really a console game. And don't rely on PC players giving the game a big boost here in NA. They are already playing in JP. That server got a major boost in new players because the Xbox exclusive crap MS is pulling.

PC release will rise population dramatically, not so many people play on JP, and many of these that play on JP will want to try also on Western server.

I played for some time on JP but couldn't stand bad translation so now I'm waiting for english server.

On the other note - it has really well adjusted UI for console and gameplay is great if you are using gamepad so I'm not sure what you are talking about when you are saying game is not really a console game.

That's false. A lot of them I talked to say they've invested too much here to just leave it all for PC. They had rare limited items from many events and crossovers in the past to simply give it up and start over again. But maybe some of them are waiting see how things play out here first before they decide to come give it a try. That Xbox Exclusive move was a dumb and big mistake.

That's false. A lot of them are already here and playing on ship 2. More will come.

No we're a small fraction. I guess it looks like a lot to you.

People are getting burnt out lol, need more content released.

@Jarfaru7600 said in Server Pop declining?:

Not surprised the Xboxer's are getting bored. The game is not really a console game. And don't rely on PC players giving the game a big boost here in NA. They are already playing in JP. That server got a major boost in new players because the Xbox exclusive crap MS is pulling.

PC release will rise population dramatically, not so many people play on JP, and many of these that play on JP will want to try also on Western server.

I played for some time on JP but couldn't stand bad translation so now I'm waiting for english server.

On the other note - it has really well adjusted UI for console and gameplay is great if you are using gamepad so I'm not sure what you are talking about when you are saying game is not really a console game.

That's false. A lot of them I talked to say they've invested too much here to just leave it all for PC. They had rare limited items from many events and crossovers in the past to simply give it up and start over again. But maybe some of them are waiting see how things play out here first before they decide to come give it a try. That Xbox Exclusive move was a dumb and big mistake.

That's false. A lot of them are already here and playing on ship 2. More will come.

No we're a small fraction. I guess it looks like a lot to you.

Pointless to talk with you especially since JP group is only, like you said, small fraction of the total server population, more people will come when PC release, not only from JP (but from there too). Besides how you define JP players, as players that play actively on JP or as players that have played on JP in the past?

I don't mind about having Ep 3 UQs. I do mind that not everyone is meeting standards to clear it, and need a bit better content to help them clear it. like it does need more gear accessibility and probably Scion class if we have to get them.

@LapisWave if they don't meet the standards for clearing it, it is because of laziness, not due to the gear we are currently locked to.

Our characters are much stronger than the current UQ we have played so far and are stronger than even the Ultimate Quests and Episode 3 UQs. We don't need Episode 4 13/14*s to clear Episode 1 - 3 content.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Server Pop declining?:

it is because of laziness

SH TD3 - there has been several people who actually cleared it, but not enough to justify the rest of people who can't. Most MMORPG games end up increasing gear scores/gear attributes to have casuals clear it more.

I even made the guide for TD3 and I had people who came up to me and told me that I am ruining their experience of wanting to learn the game, and yet they still pop AIS on wave 1 every run. It's laziness and stubborn, yes. And we are going to have that set of mind more in NA than JP. Which is why we need to increase value of gamplay because it will affect 1-11 others who are trying to clear it with S rank and are affected by 1-11 people's poor performance. Would it still change anything? Probably not. But at least it increase 1% chance to clear it as to being 0%.

SH TD1/Luther SH - I even made guides for these, and I've noticed NA players refusing them to cooperate on this too. It's pretty bad.

@LapisWave said in Server Pop declining?:

Most MMORPG games end up increasing gear scores/gear attributes to have casuals clear it more.

That already applies to the NA version though, the NA version has far better equipment, more mobility options and higher running speed that what we had when Luther and the Mining Base quests were released on JP.

We did have more time to learn the game though, and we had Mining Base 2 released between 1 and 3, which was harder than 1 but easier than 3. Maybe it was a mistake to skip the 2nd Mining Base?

@Ezodagrom said in Server Pop declining?:

@LapisWave said in Server Pop declining?:

Most MMORPG games end up increasing gear scores/gear attributes to have casuals clear it more.

That already applies to the NA version though, the NA version has far better equipment, more mobility options and higher running speed that what we had when Luther and the Mining Base quests were released on JP.

We did have more time to learn the game though, and we had Mining Base 2 released between 1 and 3, which was harder than 1 but easier than 3. Maybe it was a mistake to skip the 2nd Mining Base?

NA being far better equipment is really depending on if people actually put efforts in applying augmenting their gears and grinding their gears. If you look at the casual party gears, 40-60% of them do not have their gears that are 10-11* Units, no augments, no grinds, as well as weapons being 9-12* weapons with same situation. They barely have any 13* weapons because not many people farm SHAQs to get their gears or farm Unique Weapon Badges.

TD 1 was easy, yes. But people still blew up 2 towers if you were grouped in MPA that really had poor gear management or didn't know what they were doing. TD 3 just made it worse. Was it a mistake of not adding TD2? Maybe. Considering how we now are 1 week away from TD4 and people saying "TD4 is slightly easier" sounds nicer than they are putting.

No. TD4 is still hard. Rather, TD4 can be extremely hard if people are not jumping around in time and handle crowd control. Also the towers do matter in TD4 as to TD1-3 because of the bonus rewards it gives based on ranks. (And back in JP, there has been few times that TD4's spawn rate did crash people from disconnecting due to either poor computer/Vita/connection issues - mostly NA players, but this will be same for EU players in future playing in NA)

It still is somewhat gating casual players wanting to do end game UQs because of the lack of easy gears that they need to grab.

@Ezodagrom I think the mistake was skipping it while not having an option to filter out the *extremely underleveled people that try to use SH TD3 for leveling.

While we are very overpowered in comparison to when it originally released, that means almost nothing when 3/4s of the lobby and level 50-60. The enemies aren't very tanky, but their ability to attack all 4 bases at once with walls blocking the way makes it very hard to carry anything more than a C rank.

@LapisWave I would be surprised if we got TD4 before Magatsu. I also think that the casuals deserved to be gated. If they are level 50-65, they got Very Hard. Super Hard only gives more excubes.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Server Pop declining?:

While we are very overpowered in comparison to when it originally released, that means almost nothing when 3/4s of the lobby and level 50-60.

That is what I mean. Most people aren't going to do VH/SHAQs every time to level. They just wait for UQs because they are more fun to do vs grinding the same run over and over again. Without having pre-made or applying (Experts only - which NA doesn't have it yet), you are going to expect runs that's going to likely fail because they aren't leveled high, or not geared up for it.