Server Pop declining?

Anyone notice a lack of server population lately? I have been having to solo advance quests because there are virtually no groups and I’m trying to get all classes to 75

I have had no problems getting groups still but the server population is declining. Sometimes you might have to start them yourself and source some members. Most people I believe have no desire to get all classes to 75 or hunt rares throughout easy content. Although the regulars on this board will disagree and criticize this opinion. We need new difficulties soon to have something to do. At this point all I do is farm Shaqs for money. These new uq schedules every two weeks or whatever isn't enough and suffers from the same problem of being easy because of the weapons we have access to.

Wait until PC release, I'm sure it'll stabilize and most people have been wanting to jump on that train anyway.

Maybe because right now it's console-only when a good chunk [if not almost all] of the people waiting and wanting this game in the West were PC players.

Most of us are waiting for PC not that many people have a Xbox One and are into PSO. I think you will see a lot once PC is out end of May they say.

Not surprised the Xboxer's are getting bored. The game is not really a console game. And don't rely on PC players giving the game a big boost here in NA. They are already playing in JP. That server got a major boost in new players because the Xbox exclusive crap MS is pulling.

@Jarfaru7600 said in Server Pop declining?:

Not surprised the Xboxer's are getting bored. The game is not really a console game. And don't rely on PC players giving the game a big boost here in NA. They are already playing in JP. That server got a major boost in new players because the Xbox exclusive crap MS is pulling.

PC release will rise population dramatically, not so many people play on JP, and many of these that play on JP will want to try also on Western server.

I played for some time on JP but couldn't stand bad translation so now I'm waiting for english server.

On the other note - it has really well adjusted UI for console and gameplay is great if you are using gamepad so I'm not sure what you are talking about when you are saying game is not really a console game.

The problem is that all the best items were available day 1, the "new episode" focus each month hasn't introduced anything else worth pursuing.

Basically just doing weeklies and buying triggers for the EH late June.

Hopefully the Episode 3 focus I'm a couple weeks will come with the Invade series.

Just a friendly reminder not to judge the "success" of PSO2 just based on the first weeks after it releases on PC because it is quite obvious that a lot of people will try it out on the basis of it being free and recently featured on several gaming sites.

The true test will arrive in winter/early next year.

That is when you will be able to tell if the game has a long future ahead of not, because they will have caught up with PSO2JP and the launch excitement and promotional presence will be gone.

If the game can reach the one year mark with a sizeable community and decent profits, then it stands a chance.

If it does not, well....it´s self explanatory.

I still see tons of people.. but they just emote in the lobby and swing around on their new poles. I get plenty of people to run quests but I have to run it.

@Penndragon87 said in Server Pop declining?:

We need new difficulties soon to have something to do. At this point all I do is farm Shaqs for money. These new uq schedules every two weeks or whatever isn't enough and suffers from the same problem of being easy because of the weapons we have access to.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Server Pop declining?:

The problem is that all the best items were available day 1, the "new episode" focus each month hasn't introduced anything else worth pursuing.

Basically just doing weeklies and buying triggers for the EH late June.

Hopefully the Episode 3 focus I'm a couple weeks will come with the Invade series.

Yup!

I think a lot of people have false optimism about the PC player base adding a huge boost. A LOT of us who are going to play PC are already playing on xbox, and a lot of the "new blood" will be players FROM the JP servers (who will most likely go back after a short while). Mind you they will blame the "western market" for it's shortcomings, not their own actions (or lack there of).

At this point, I think people are getting a little bored. We don't have a whole lot to keep us busy currently, especially when most weapons and armor units are going to be outclassed by better stuff relatively soon. There are a few missions that seem to get basically no traffic though but I've noticed that since I started in March. lol Thankfully NPCs can help to fill that void, and they are actually pretty dang useful.

All there really is to do is grind meseta for cosmetics and level. And level. And level some more in anticipation for the good stuff. I'm mostly doing my daily orders and logging in periodically throughout the day to see if any urgent quests are happening, and depending on what they are I might not even take part and log back off. I don't think the game itself is failing though. I just think that we're running out of things to do. Personally, I still have to finish episode 3, but it won't be long now. I'll just be waiting for more content in the end.

People are slowly leaving quarantine, this makes sense.

Personally, I think it's kind of funny that even X-Box One players are asking SEGA when the PC version will be out this month, as I've seen people often complain about the population. If this is true or not, who knows, but it's just very ironic.

I don't think we'd have this issue if they had just made the CBT exclusive to X-Box One. My biggest concern right now, due to the nature of how COVID-19 has been, is that the game gets delayed after May. The hype has already died down a bit because most people are not a fan of how Microsoft has handled PC news (or lack, thereof). I do not blame the PSO2 Twitter at all, it's not their faults at all. But everytime I see a tweet that isn't news for PC, it's a bit disheartening.

Anyways, I think the population will rise once PC release hits. Of course, with quarantine being slowly lifted in the states (like @Likaizam mentioned) you guys are probably seeing a drop-off of players being online.

@Likaizam said in Server Pop declining?:

People are slowly leaving quarantine, this makes sense.

Too bad most of the USA is still basically under lockdown. I know Wisconsin is still under heavy lockdown because our spring/summer hasn't started yet due to the late winter. We're supposed to have our mosquito boom soon, if not already, which will cause the transmission of Covid-19 to rise. Marshy areas will be hardest hit due to mosquitos, such as Florida.

The USA is also watching for the rise of yet another new invasive bee/hornet type as well, we've had this more than once in the past, so hopefully it won't be too widespread. But if it comes to it, our bee population will suffer again, and honey prices might skyrocket.