drop rates today.

250 rare drop boost and not 1 10*star in 5 runs, two runs with meseta only from the boss in shaq 50....

come on man, this isn't fifa.

Trust me I have had days like this also. Then you can get days where things bless you. It's just RNG either favoring or torturing you.

Also what level are you? I have noticed that depending on your level, example if you are not yet maxed you'll have a harder time spawning rare items. Also join an alliance and get some rare drop boost photonic effect going.

Depending on the SHAQ you were running and what boss you were fighting, that could be perfectly normal. 10 stars, specifically, aren't really all that common from SHAQs, you're mostly going to find red weapons and sometimes sigmas. UQs are generally the best sources of 10 stars you can get.

I don't know, I been running SH AQ, alliance booster(only rank 4 i think its like 30%), daily 40%, tri booster 100% (i only use higher for urgent quest), 250 or 100 rare drop, ex 50-100, and sometimes if i have a 50% meseta. I come back with too many rank 10, especially when i get those special ?. But i usually get pse burst during it as well. Still It might be your level, or also maybe try running a level 13 weapon so the game is like oh, he already has gotten that far. ;/ Or RNG just being a bitch.

You level has absolutely nothing to do with how often you'll get rare drops. RNG is just going to be RNG.

I don't know, when I was level 50 and I was doing those urgent quest with the same boosters I was getting nothing, now it just doesn't stop. Even got that 13 rainbow the other day.

But who know? You may be right.

must of just been rng. I had a few 13*'s drop later in the night. It honestly did feel like something was up though. I was running shaq 50 daybreak in 4man and got nothing but meseta two times in a row. Later in the night, i started to get some drops..crap, but still drops.

Ok, I have to ask. What does RNG mean..? Outside of being a reference to a Ranger..

Thanks. ;~)

o/ =^.^=

random number generator. So when you kill something in game it generates a random number, that corresponds to loot possibilities. in no particular coding language it'd look something like this in fundamentals of math.

x = loottable

\loot table

1. diamond
  2. coal
  3. gold
  4. copper
  5. ruby

on kill = random (x)

so you get anything from 1 to 5.

@Taconight1977 said in drop rates today.:

random number generator. So when you kill something in game it generates a random number, that corresponds to loot possibilities. in no particular coding language it'd look something like this in fundamentals of math.

x = loottable

\loot table

1. diamond
  2. coal
  3. gold
  4. copper
  5. ruby

on kill = random (x)

zomg.. ..for being so smart I can be quite dense sometimes. Or at least too Ranger focused when in this community. ;0 ;~)

That explanation in mind. For the yet to be identified "Special Weapons." Do you or anyone know if the calculous for what it will be is already made on drop. Or RNG'd whenever you go to Appraise?

o/ =^.^=

yes, when an item drops and it's rarity is displayed you can tell by several factors. no rare drop notification on your screen means it'll up to +9. Rare drop red, rainbow text up to +12. then there's like a rare drop, rainbow text, and glowy rainbowy type rare drop and that means +13.

@KnightHarb1nger It is determined when it drops. All appraisal does is let you pick Element and get a chance for some better Augments.

Sweet, thanks for those splainations.. ..it would've been untold, if ever, time before I would have noticed that naturally. ;~)!

o/ =^.^=

@Taconight1977 said in drop rates today.:

x = loottable

\loot table

1. diamond
  2. coal
  3. gold
  4. copper
  5. ruby

on kill = random (x)

Pretty much explained it here. Yeah a lot of players also like to point out that RNJESUS is not with you during those bad drop.

I was able to find something that might help on the drop pools. https://sites.google.com/site/pso2db/home/drops

I have not yet found any information on the actual formula (Warframe is really good at giving all the numbers to work with.) But lets look at any fun/ac/ scratch for example. The pool for the item is the season, all the items together should equal 1 or 100% that you would get 1 out of the 100 (here being used as total for all items.) Each item has a specific number that chance of dropping, (ie those harder ones are .34% dropping.) The chances of you getting that specific item change now based on the total % of all the other rarity %. So to simplify it you might only have a 3% of getting that item, and (7% of getting a non rare item. Drop boost increase all drops % so now that 3% is more like 6~10 % which would be about you are guaranteed that item after about 98-120 scratches (obviously without taking into consideration that boosters do nothing in scratch or that you get a choose ticket.)

Now applying this to enemy's, each enemy and especially boss have their own pool of drops you can get, as well as addition to client order/quest items they drop when active. So their pool no matter the amount of items will always be equal to 100%. Let's say you are trying to get a 13% star item that has a .1% drop rate. That means you will have to kill this certain enemy 200-500x or more depending on type (as bosses tend to be a little different) to drop that item 100% certain. Also items are usually separated by types in pools, example armor, weapons, special, etc. A booster will increase your odds of a drop by a certain amount increasing all pools but still remaining 100%, though the increase of the drop will now be a little higher.

The random number generator, will choose a number depending on that type location. So let us assume a 13 star item is 100 guaranteed but at .1%. It is 100 guaranteed because it is the only item in that pool, so if the number falls on .1 then you get that 13*. If there are 2 items in that pool for the 13*, lets say a 13* and a rappy suit, you have now the original odds plus a 50/50 to get one of those items.

I have yet to see any database on number drop tables for their number system so it could actually be missing some variables. But it looks like it is similar to, E=enenmy X=item A= All itmes B=Booster. V= Unknown variable rng.

So your item (Multiplied by your booster) over All items in the pool X(B)=A/E + V RNG

Again with limited info it is a bit harder to do. I have dealt a lot with warframe, and the calculations are a lot simpler. example https://xplainthegame.com/dropchance-calculator/

But for example, the boosters do work, but they don't increase it too much. Example, if the item is .1 and you add so many boosters it's now at .4 that still is not good compared to other common drops. So sometimes calculating drops is not really worth it.

My favorite word for rng/grind base games is "EVENTUALLY".

Eventually you will get the item.