Ranger is super strong?

@ZeeHero9271 said in Ranger is super strong?:

@zaffy2005 I am keeping my distance, but the enemies which can suddenly jump all the way to you and stun you for an hour as they finish you off are the ones that get me. No way to react to some of that, especially before I have the boss pattern down, and tbh even Dark Souls bosses are easier to memorize, just more punishing for messing up.

What subclass are you pairing with your Ra (Ranger) main..?

@KnightHarb1nger Hunter, which is the tankiest subclass ranger can have.

It seems to be a lot better past level 30 though, was awful at the start but now its coming into its own.

Yeah, was gonna say. I managed to get to 60s Ra (Rangers) Main with a 55 Fo (Force) Subclass and well.. ..feeling the glass hard. Even on VH (Very Hard)/SH (Super Hard) stuffs. When Resta couldn't save me from embarassing myself. Until I asked the community and learned. ;0 ;~)

o/ =^.^=

VH as level 45 Ra/Hu for me was not bad. Hu subclass though makes it easier since you have a 50% chance to not die even taking a billion damage.

@coldreactive said in Ranger is super strong?:

None of the base non-scion/non-successor classes are inherently stronger than one another.

This statement is entirely flawed.

• Gunner and Fighter laugh at all other classes against bosses, this includes scion classes.

• Rangers laugh at everyone in mobbing quests(and certain bosses too)

• Bow Bravers are terribly overpowered when taking advantage of headshot multipliers against earlier bosses

In the current state of PSO2 NA, ranger has one of the highest DPS for the least player skill required. Why? Because Impact Slider and Positron Blast exist, alongside Elder Rifle. No other Photon Art on Ranger really matters except for maybe Piercing shell used in the air.

@KnightHarb1nger Lv50 Techer is my favorite to pair but I also use lv75 Hunter or lv75 Bouncer. I prefer Techer for any of my main builds because I can self heal and buff and that really comes in handy During Ultimate Quest. If I know there are going to be excellent healers in my party then I will run my Ranger/Hunter build.

@Toki-Longsmokes said in Ranger is super strong?:

@KnightHarb1nger Lv50 Techer is my favorite to pair but I also use lv75 Hunter or lv75 Bouncer. I prefer Techer for any of my main builds because I can self heal and buff and that really comes in handy During Ultimate Quest. If I know there are going to be excellent healers in my party then I will run my Ranger/Hunter build.

Nice! I am looking forward to experiencing the "Techter" lyfe once my journey steers me that way. 😹

o/ =^.^=

@Lapinoire said in Ranger is super strong?:

None of the base non-scion/non-successor classes are inherently stronger than one another.

• Gunner and Fighter laugh at all other classes against bosses, this includes scion classes.

• Bow Bravers are terribly overpowered when taking advantage of headshot multipliers against earlier bosses

In the current state of PSO2 NA, ranger has one of the highest DPS for the least player skill required. Why? Because Impact Slider and Positron Blast exist, alongside Elder Rifle. No other Photon Art on Ranger really matters except for maybe Piercing shell used in the air.

I just wish I was good at aiming things (I even play on keyboard/mouse) and that the camera didn't follow a locked target.

Yeah, being a controller player everyone once in a while I get my button mashing a little mixed up. And I'm like.. ..woah woah PoV.. ..not there not there.. over here plz. 😸

o/ =^.^=

@Lapinoire said in Ranger is super strong?:

If that just made more people play Fighter... actually Su is higher damage than Fi, Ra beats Fi too and on JP even stuff like Bo can beat Fi these days if i'm not mistaken. But it's hard to say but the only thing that's true for sure is that the classes are definitely not balanced and never have.

Not too mention all those i-frames you get back.. ..whatever those are.. ;0 ;~)

o/ =^.^=

Certain fights Ranger is very competitive DPS, such as monsters with large hit-boxes in a line. There are a few fights where Ranger is incredibly useful/needed for their party (Magatsu for instance). You can make a Break Stance Bouncer 20% more effective for opening up his weak points in that fight. Nothing is going to beat a Gunner or a Fighter on a single target fight where a monster doesn't have an easily available weak point. Ranger is a class that rewards timing, positioning and knowledge of a fight.

If you're not exclusively doing solo content, Ranger is always desired as a party member.

@Grimwald2541 As a Ranger I can also say we make very good "helicopter bombers," hovering above the area and raining down destruction, softening up mobs and bosses alike. Very useful on mob quests indeed. And some of these quests/bosses, I gotta be honest I have no idea how a melee class is supposed to be able to do anything besides wave pom-poms for the Ranged and Tech classes. Especially bosses like the Bar Lodos. That thing's an absolute pain in the arse even for ranged attacks. Can't imagine Melee classes being able to do anything but park their butts in a turret and be sitting ducks.

@zaffy2005 Bar Lodos in coast expedition has a harpoon you can use to pull him onto the deck, and classes like hunter especially with partisan or wired lance can reach him easily in melee. Braver has a harder time but if you can double jump you can do it.

I mean- I am seeing summoners doing 1.5million damage in single hits(registered to their max damage in achievements) and me as a ranger has 250k and BiS everything- so probably not super op