Ranger is super strong?

I'm gonna play ranger probably and I was wondering how strong is this class, is this the strongest of all? Would any other ranged class be stronger than ranger, what do you think? I heard that you can only play Ranger/Hunter as main/sub.

None of the base non-scion/non-successor classes are inherently stronger than one another.

I use Ranger as my main character/class and yea, it is definitely a pretty strong class, and being able to attack at a safe distance is a definite bonus (especially with hectic Urgent Quests like Fals Arms) . Different classes excel at different types of combat. If you want long range combat the Ranger is arguably the better choice. Gunner, despite relying on "ranged" weapons, is meant as more of a front-lines class focusing on mobility rather than distance to keep you out of harms way. Braver offers good long-range damage with the Bow, and has a Photon Art that can deal some HEAVY single-target damage but takes a while to charge. For single-target damage, Braver's the way to go I'd say, while Ranger is a bit better at crowd control because of its faster rate of fire and 3-round burst normal attack. Ranger suffers at close range but the default evasive move is a diving roll that covers a decent distance to get you out of the thick of it, while the Braver's evasive move is just a quick sidestep (though you can unlock a skill that adds a sort of "tackle" damage if you dodge through an enemy).

And using Ranger with keyboard/mouse allows you to precisely hit weakspots with Over-The-Shoulder. Ranger is basically the "DPS Mage" equivalent, while force leans more toward "Burst" Mage.

@coldreactive said in Ranger is super strong?:

None of the base non-scion/non-successor classes are inherently stronger than one another.

This^

@Y1-Mythoclast Exactly. It comes down to their "niche." It's less about how "strong" they are and more about how well they fit your preferred play style. Transitioning from Scout Rifle focused loadouts in Destiny I figured the least jarring transition for me would be the Ranger as it is the closest to a "sniper/scout" build as PSO2 offers. Someone who prefers close-quarters melee combat would find the Ranger to be "weak" because the class simply does not excel at close range.

@zaffy2005 said in Ranger is super strong?:

@Y1-Mythoclast Exactly. It comes down to their "niche." It's less about how "strong" they are and more about how well they fit your preferred play style. Transitioning from Scout Rifle focused loadouts in Destiny I figured the least jarring transition for me would be the Ranger as it is the closest to a "sniper/scout" build as PSO2 offers. Someone who prefers close-quarters melee combat would find the Ranger to be "weak" because the class simply does not excel at close range.

No sir! It definitely does NOT. ;0 ;~)

o/ =^.^=

I heard their support is pretty good too with weakening bullet and the gravity bomb ?

@RagnarokSlayer said in Ranger is super strong?:

I heard their support is pretty good too with weakening bullet and the gravity bomb ?

@RagnarokSlayer It's ok, not amazing by any sense but every bit helps. Also, Tech users have a better gravity bomb called Zondeel. However, gravity bomb gives PP back on Ranger with Tactical Trap so as a Ranger it is nice to use.

How strong you are mainly depends on how you play, but also what gear you are using. The main class you play is mostly irrelevant. Using the right subclass is important though, as you're looking for damage multipliers. Read more about subclasses here: https://somethingaboutlagging.wordpress.com/updated-class-combinations/

The 12* Elder Rifle with the right affixes is a beast right now though I will say that much.

I found ranger to be terrible compared to melee classes, no amount of Blight Rounds/Weak Bullet makes up for dying easily to enemies which are a cake walk as melee.

@ZeeHero9271 I'd say if you're dying that easily you might be playing Ranger the wrong way. You need to keep your distance, and keep on your toes so you don't get rushed or surrounded. Do that and you should rarely even get hit, let alone killed.

@zaffy2005 said in Ranger is super strong?:

@ZeeHero9271 I'd say if you're dying that easily you might be playing Ranger the wrong way. You need to keep your distance, and keep on your toes so you don't get rushed or surrounded. Do that and you should rarely even get hit, let alone killed.

As Zaffy said. I would aslo suggest using a launcher for when they get to close. If you use pov and aim around them instead of at them you cause major damage and can easily avoid those situations.

there’s so many tools in the rangers bag of tricks to help with that though . Stun grenades , gravity grenades and traps will help deal with enemies closing in or controlling them more. Being in the air shooting also gives you less chance of being hit and of course if an enemy gonna hit you dodge

@zaffy2005 I am keeping my distance, but the enemies which can suddenly jump all the way to you and stun you for an hour as they finish you off are the ones that get me. No way to react to some of that, especially before I have the boss pattern down, and tbh even Dark Souls bosses are easier to memorize, just more punishing for messing up.