400% rare drop

@John-Paul-RAGE said in 400% rare drop:

@IfrianMMO not sure why everyone tries to go back to the quality of drops rather than frequency of drops to make some argument about probability that has nothing to do with my pursuit.

Honestly i sort of EXPECTED the frequency of the 7-9 star drops to go down but the frequency of the 10+ star ones to go up to compensate for it.. that didn't happen though.

Yeah no matter what the drop rate booster you have on if the drop rate of the item is like 0.000014% it will only raise it to like 0.000056% you learn that pretty fast playing black desert.

Since none of you can provide ANY of us with the ACTUAL numbers i honestly dont see a point to ASSUMING they are astronomically low.

@SpeedierJam1135 Buddy do you hear yourself? the number of low * weapons will go up because their drop chance isn't below 0% like the the rest, the chance of the lower drops during specificaly a shaq is more like 30-40% if you add that by 4 which would be 400% it only equals out to like 34-44% it's not that big of an increase not at all like you would think, where as if it's under 0% you would multiply it, it still isn't a big number just like i've said if anything the ones under 0% at most are a 4% drop chance now

Eventually my good people. 0 x 0 is 0. I stopped thinking about the numbers and just run 50%, phototnic booster and play. Eventually good things will drop.

Too bad the number we are dealing with isn't zero. We don't actually know what it is, but its definitely NOT that.

Always great too how people ASSUME it's a tiny number and then say things like "math" to explain it away even though a booster would boost the rates of the ENTIRE drop pool and not just a single item (which they refuse to ever acknowledge).

Also.. if all you have ever run are 50's how exactly are you in ANY position to comment on the performance of a 400?

@SpeedierJam1135 said in 400% rare drop:

Too bad the number we are dealing with isn't zero. We don't actually know what it is, but its definitely NOT that.

Always great too how people ASSUME it's a tiny number and then say things like "math" to explain it away even though a booster would boost the rates of the ENTIRE drop pool and not just a single item (which they refuse to ever acknowledge).

Also.. if all you have ever run are 50's how exactly are you in ANY position to comment on the performance of a 400?

Because he knows how math works and you, apparently, do not, in fact, it would technically be quite easy to extrapolate the results of 400% if one knows the results and data from 50%, and i hope i do not have to tell you why.

If instead of being so prideful and stubborn you actually accepted that you may not fully understand how chance, and percentage based variable probability worked, and googled it up like i suggested, this conversation would not be happening.

This thread is not unique or special, it can be found in literally every single game with drop chance boosters or augmented boost chance banners, because a lot of people do not understand the basics of the system.

Heck, even if by pure coincidence the item was bugged, i want you to understand, and you would understand too if you bothered to research how these things work, that the reasons and "proof" you have brought so far are not an indicative of it.

Your logic would still be flawed even if the item was actually bugged.

But monkeys and typewriters, eventually in some MMORPG the booster will be bugged and then all of you will grow enboldened by it and will be using it as an example for entire generations of mmorpg to come, even though it´s not how it works.

@IfrianMMO Again you are acting like this is "nuanced" or hidden in formation, like the secret to making perfect bagels or the location of ameilia earharts plane. It's not! It's simple stuff that any 5th grader would know even in todays pathetic education system. There's something wrong with the item.

Since you want to talk down to me I'll be as petty as you are and point out that this thread DOESN'T exist in "literally every single game with drop chance boosters or augmented boost chance banners". Seems for all your esoteric knowledge of mathematics (sarcasm kiddies, know it when you see it) you have a horrible grasp on the english language. Actually loads of games have no threads at all about drop rate boosters and even when they do its people questioning if it's frequency that increases or magnitude, not declaring a specific flavor of the item is somehow broken (nobody said anything about the 300's did they?).

P.S. the infinite monkeys theory was disproved quite a while ago. Do try to keep up.

@SpeedierJam1135 I want you to do a simple math question for me, in order to find out what 50% of a numbre is what would you do? well of course you would times that number by 0.5 because that is 50% now seeing as a 400% drop boost is only adding 400% to all the drops individually you can assume 100% would be 1.00 and 400% would be 4.00 thus you are specifically adding 4% to any and all drops, case and point anything under a 0% drop rate be it 0.005% would either be multiplied by 4.00 or simply added 4% either way the rarest drops on aqs will still be small and thus making them still rare with a slight chance of increase, where as the not so rare common items will still drop at the same rate, surely that can't not make any sense to you I say this as someone who has been playing mmos for 14 years both asian and american mmos that unless it says specifically that it DOUBLES or TRIPLES drop rates it is not actually multiplying any drop rates.

Seeing as it says it is only an increase to the rare drop rates albiet 7*-15* you just assume it is only adding 4% to the drop pool of these items.

It's not! It's simple stuff that any 5th grader would know even in todays pathetic education system.

One day, you will look back at this comment and you will facepalm.

No, i know it's not 0, but it's a number so small I stopped worrying about them with these types of games. just put on boosters, enjoy playing the game and make a quest out of it. Enjoy the game by playing it and EVENTUALLY it will drop and you will be even more happy when it does. They you will have a void and you will have to repeat with a different item. Numbers don't matter that much when your enjoying the hunt.

@ERICK001BC said in 400% rare drop:

No, i know it's not 0, but it's a number so small I stopped worrying about them with these types of games. just put on boosters, enjoy playing the game and make a quest out of it. Enjoy the game by playing it and EVENTUALLY it will drop and you will be even more happy when it does. They you will have a void and you will have to repeat with a different item. Numbers don't matter that much when your enjoying the hunt.

So a complete lack of ambition is your approach to achieving things.. got it.

@ERICK001BC said in 400% rare drop:

So a complete lack of ambition is your approach to achieving things.. got it.

Where did you get that from? Playing the game over and over until it drops is your ambition. The game gave you a purpose to play it (other than the other reasons). The ambition becomes the obsession to wanting the item and finally getting it. But as for the drop boost, it really doesn't effect your drive that much. The point being don't stress the journey, enjoy it.

@ERICK001BC So why take an automobile? Walking will get you there "eventually". Why cut down a tree with a chain saw? An axe will fell it "eventually". Why use a lighter, when rubbing 2 stick together will start a fire "eventually"? I'm guessing you're under 40 simply based on the fact that you are ok with "eventually".

Nobody is paying 9$ a pop for "eventually", they pay it for results.

Eventually I'll be over 40.

No but in all honesty, A booster has nothing to do with convinince. It has more to do with luck base.

Why drive when you will get a flat, Why walk when you could get mugged, why cut a tree with a chainsaw if there is no gas....etc.

Everything in life requires some sort of effort, the boosters just help to amplify the effort. But some people rather put in more effort that luck into an equation. Take for example, I rather run 100 missions at 50% than 50 missions at 400% by paying to run boosters that may or may not give me the item either way.

The boosters are not a guarantee, and in this example is exactly my point. Look at how worthless the 400% not working has been? I dropped a few buying at first but it is pointless at the moment. It is not like you are getting the item guaranteed. I rather not stress over an item, play the game and get it anyways. You do know there are people in games that get super rare items on their 1st go, why get upset when you don't get it after increasing your chances. It is all luck based, and when you remove the luck it just becomes your determination that decided when you will get it, eventually is that destination that you bring yourself to it.