400% rare drop

I can see why SEGA chooses not to post drop rates, loot tables, etc., and only has the ability to see if a quest dropped a thing at all. Imagine how much more people would be complaining if we could see the numbers, then they would try to math it out and still claim their 400% is broken.

It's tough beans yall, the only people who come onto forums or YouTube comments to complain are the small minority having a problem with it, not getting the rares they think they deserve because they paid real money. You have to assume the majority of people who buy these, have zero complaints or problems with it. For such a 'huge' thing this supposedly is, I've not seen anything on it besides this forum thread and a some comments on that one YouTube video posted earlier in said thread.

I run with the same people all the time who just so happen to always have better RNG than me. Getting easily 11 star armor units from bosses and lightning dog, but I barely eek out a 13 star Talis once every 2 weeks lol. Sure it's frustrating, but it's all just random guys and gals.

The funny thing is, this type of thread exists in every single gacha/lootbox/phone game´s forum/page.

"I spent xxxx paid gems on the paid-only 300% boosted banner and i did not get the featured units whereas all my friends who are free2play got the featured unit on their free trial summon, and look, several people are claiming the same, the banner must be bugged"

No, no it´s not.

"It is not normal that many people are consistently getting better drop results with 250% than those of us with a 400%"

Yes, yes it is, you just do not understand how chance and percentages work, which is precisely why this business is so lucrative and extended on so many games when back in the day such things did not exist.

Because people have a rudimentary understanding of chance and fall for it and shell out.

Agreeing what the last two posters replied with, reminder that 250% RDRs are readily available over 400% RDRs, which is AC only.

That's why people are claiming that 250%'s are working better than 400%, because they're more common and easily accessible. If your Collection Files still increase higher with a 400%, it works and you are just not lucky with RNG.

Honestly this entire thread has been answered and yet here we are...

Nobody is buying 400% boosters for their collection file. On top of that i doubt anyone cares about the collection file. What I'm talking about is MYSELF and several other people running 400% boosters for days and running 250% boosters for days and literally seeing it right before our eyes that we get more drops hour by hour using the 250s.

Are you people even playing on the NA server? Have you tried it for yourselves?

@SpeedierJam1135

We played JP, nothing has changed with 400% boosters from JP to NA.

Besides I wouldn't spend $ on a 400% since it's a noob trap. Not sure what else to tell you. You're seeking for an answer that doesn't exist other than the ones we've been saying.

@SpeedierJam1135 said in 400% rare drop:

What I'm talking about is MYSELF and several other people running 400% boosters for days and running 250% boosters for days and literally seeing it right before our eyes that we get more drops hour by hour using the 250s.

I mean no disrespect or sarcasm when i say, that you would be better off giving yourself a refresher on percentages, chance, variable chance, probability and how they combine and work in this a percentage-based multi-drop variable scenario.

I recommend googling how probability works in Gacha phone games in relation to buffed banners, because the system is very similar. albeit not identical, but it will give you a solid base to understand why your examples and logic are not relevant/valid.

@SpeedierJam1135 to be fair, the 400% booster is best used for CF files when you plan on resetting them to quickly obtain multiple copies of limited weapons (which we don't have right now).

Using ultra rare drop chances as a reference doesn't give much credibility to how it is or isn't working. My concern is getting far less of common rare drops and I have willingly spent money to investigate it thoroughly.

What irritates me is that it is dismissed as a possibility completely and the argument keeps going back to 13* drops.

If this is possible, many other things are.

@John-Paul-RAGE Much the same really. I was sort of toying with it just to see if what I was hearing was true, then I was like "bigger sample pool", then "surely on pso2 day". At no point did I expect it to start raining 13* weapons or anything preposterous like that, but I definitely didn't expect the rare drops to get less frequent than using free boosters either.

@Novaline said in 400% rare drop:

@SpeedierJam1135

We played JP, nothing has changed with 400% boosters from JP to NA.

Besides I wouldn't spend $ on a 400% since it's a noob trap. Not sure what else to tell you. You're seeking for an answer that doesn't exist other than the ones we've been saying.

Clearly something IS "different" or this discussion wouldn't even be happening.

It's also kind of cute how you assume the vast majority of people on this forum DIDN'T play on the JP or SEA servers too. It wasn't a big deal to get past a captcha, wasn't a big deal to use a vpn, and wasn't a big deal to buy an xbox. No real fan is going to let such trivial things get in their way.

@SpeedierJam1135

Nothing is different than JP, it's legit just a port over of the JP server to X-Box One (translated and content capped), currently. You're trying to find something different that just doesn't exist. RNG is RNG, and that's it. You're not entitled to getting items because you use a 400% booster that you swiped for.

Sorry, I'm just being facecious, a devil's advocate, and a rabble-rouser but how do does anyone know its just a exact port? Do we have access to the coding? Can we trust them to make an exact port?! XD XD XD

(Before anyone blows a gasket, I AM FREAKIN JOKING OKAY!?!?!!? It just popped into my head how absurd this thread has gotten. EXDEE FACES DAMMIT!)

@Likaizam said in 400% rare drop:

Sorry, I'm just being facecious, a devil's advocate, and a rabble-rouser but how do does anyone know its just a exact port? Do we have access to the coding? Can we trust them to make an exact port?! XD XD XD

Why yes, multiple people have pointed out the fact that the GB size of the game was about the same as it was on JP. As well as JP having things like the Fresh Finds shop, icons, etc in its files. At least that's what Aida and some others have told me.

Yeah thread is off-topic, but I'm honestly used to it at this point. 🙃

The difference in the server environment and how the network handles the traffic with the Microsoft authentication is significantly different than how the JP server is handled.

Which is why the NA game proceeds as planned while the JP version is outta luck until the team can return to the office.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in 400% rare drop:

What irritates me is that it is dismissed as a possibility completely

Could it be bugged? I mean, literally everything in the game could technically be bugged.

But it is kind of hard to take it seriously when this thread appears in literally every single MMO/Phone game with boosters or rate ups.

"Me and a bunch of my friends get more with 250% than with 400%" means literally and most absolutely nothing.

Heck, in PSO2JP, and you may not believe this, but most of my *15 drops have happened in early mornings when i have forgotten to renew my boosts and i had nothing active except the 50% from the daily quests.

And even when using the best boosts and even EX boosts, i had some of my worst runs in terms of amount of drops.

And i know at least a handful of people that had similar occurrences, so should we complain that the 250% is not working as intended?

No, it is simply how chance and probability works.

@IfrianMMO not sure why everyone tries to go back to the quality of drops rather than frequency of drops to make some argument about probability that has nothing to do with my pursuit.

I even stated the stacking rare drop boosters is better used for CF completion rather than chasing high quality drops. Because RNG and yadda yadda.

I have used number of all rare drops as a reference, especially those that are easy to gauge such as photon boosters and trash up to 10 stars.

Statistics do not support "RNG makes Photon boosters stop dropping for 6 hours straight" as a valid argument nor does it make since mathematically.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in 400% rare drop:

@IfrianMMO not sure why everyone tries to go back to the quality of drops rather than frequency of drops

@IfrianMMO said in 400% rare drop:

And even when using the best boosts and even EX boosts, i had some of my worst runs in terms of amount of drops.