400% rare drop

Why use an extreme example like falz? It's pretty easy to see the problem on any SH AQ boss, I mean even banser with a 250 will drop tons of their armor pieces.

I get them not "wanting" to have to hand people money back, but at the same time it would be the right thing to do if the product being sold is defective. It seems to me their silence is going to be the death of them, because a reputable and trustworthy company doesn't NEED to leave it's customers in the dark.

@SpeedierJam1135 said in 400% rare drop:

Why use an extreme example like falz? It's pretty easy to see the problem on any SH AQ boss, I mean even banser with a 250 will drop tons of their armor pieces.

because Falz Elder is an easy to discuss encounter given how simplistic its loot tables are and the limited forms of encounter you can have with him thus limiting the number of factors that can impact his drops. Versus a banther or banshee which not only have less defined and documented drop tables, but can be encountered in multiple different places and different quests which can have a varying impact on drop tables and rates.

I get them not "wanting" to have to hand people money back, but at the same time it would be the right thing to do if the product being sold is defective. It seems to me their silence is going to be the death of them, because a reputable and trustworthy company doesn't NEED to leave it's customers in the dark.

Except the problem here is that you don't want them to not be silent, you want them to confirm your suspicions because even if, as other people across the forums have done, they come out and say that the 400% boosters are working fine then not a single one of you will believe it because the goalposts shift every single time there's evidence to the contrary and you people can't accept that you just had bad luck. I get being mad that you paid for something and didn't get a huge return on it, but that's RNG. Even if refunds were an option, are you going to "refund" all the other items you got? The collection file progress you earned at 400% rates? Because it seems kind of skeevy to me to reap all the benefits, then turn around and go "I didn't get enough out of this, give me my money back".

@Nuebot

Falz is a 2 stage 12 person limited time event with tons of things to break... how can that have a more "limiting number of factors" than going to the end of the forest and killing a wolf or 2? Whats more who said anything about WANTING to use a simplistic loot table as an example?

I think what we "want" is them to at least acknowledge that they have seen the reports and are "investigating" the issue. I mean i would be fairly happy for them to simply fix it without saying a word too, but that still kind of bones the people who have WASTED money on boosters that didn't really work. By the way, YES i would gladly give back all the 7-9 star trash i never bothered to pick up in the first place and the hand full of 10&12* items that dropped because all they are to me is x-cubes anyways. The collection file?! Are you joking? I pity ANYONE dealing with that nonsense at this point! It's simply not worth the time it takes to run the expeditions to finish it off for 8 star rewards.

Things i have seen:

A person TURNS OFF their 400% booster before the mission and gets a 13* 2 minutes into the mission. Meanwhile the rest of us get 0 running 400's.

A person spends 2 full pso2 days running 400% boosters and gets 1 13* each day.

A person buys 25 400% boosters and has not reported a single 13* drop as of yet (and yes they play several hours a day).

A person running a 250% booster gets 2 13* drops in 1 run while the 3 people running 400% boosters get nothing.

It seems to me you are defending a ghost since you aren't a developer and have 0 insight into the numbers in play, meanwhile alot of us have seen first hand that we are getting MORE drops from a 250% (free by the way, 0$ value) than we are using 400% boosters that we pay 9$ for (or more if outside the US). Even if rng is the most evil thing the universe has ever known it doesnt make sense to get LESS when boosting the numbers MORE. It's like saying you "feel" like you get more miles out of 2 gallons of gas than you do out of 10, which is to say it makes no sense. You should always get more out of something you put more in to.

@Nuebot

Falz is a 2 stage 12 person limited time event with tons of things to break... how can that have a more "limiting number of factors" than going to the end of the forest and killing a wolf or 2? Whats more who said anything about WANTING to use a simplistic loot table as an example?

I think what we "want" is them to at least acknowledge that they have seen the reports and are "investigating" the issue. I mean i would be fairly happy for them to simply fix it without saying a word too, but that still kind of bones the people who have WASTED money on boosters that didn't really work. By the way, YES i would gladly give back all the 7-9 star trash i never bothered to pick up in the first place and the hand full of 10&12* items that dropped because all they are to me is x-cubes anyways. The collection file?! Are you joking? I pity ANYONE dealing with that nonsense at this point! It's simply not worth the time it takes to run the expeditions to finish it off for 8 star rewards.

Things i have seen:

A person TURNS OFF their 400% booster before the mission and gets a 13* 2 minutes into the mission. Meanwhile the rest of us get 0 running 400's.

A person buys 25 400% boosters and has not reported a single 13* drop as of yet (and yes they play several hours a day).

A person running a 250% booster gets 2 13* drops in 1 run while the 3 people running 400% boosters get nothing.

It seems to me you are defending a ghost since you aren't a developer and have 0 insight into the numbers in play, meanwhile alot of us have seen first hand that we are getting MORE drops from a 250% (free by the way, 0$ value) than we are using 400% boosters that we pay 9$ for (or more if outside the US). Even if rng is the most evil thing the universe has ever known it doesnt make sense to get LESS when boosting the numbers MORE. It's like saying you "feel" like you get more miles out of 2 gallons of gas than you do out of 10, which is to say it makes no sense. You should always get more out of something you put more in to.

This is not nearly enough data to make any sort of claim as to how the numbers work.

Seems like a lot of people here don't understand the fact that a 400% RDR is not going to mean you drop stuff every time. It only increases your chance of getting something. You can still get absolutely nothing from a 400% RDR. On JP, you can stack all your boosters and not get that 14* or 15* weapon that you're trying to farm for.

RNG is RNG, I'm surprised no JP player has stated that the 400% RDR is not worth buying for because it's what we call a "noob trap". You do perfectly fine with just using 250% RDRs and Triboosts.

I have the feeling a lot of you do not understand how percentages and chance work.

At least the PC release will make it significantly easier to investigate without having to wait on the JP team.

@IfrianMMO said in 400% rare drop:

I have the feeling a lot of you do not understand how percentages and chance work.

...Why then are people getting MORE drops using 250 "%" boosters than they are using 400 "%" boosters. Go on, explain it.

@SpeedierJam1135

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if it's more of "I'm using this 400% RDR booster that I bought with money and I'm not getting anything" rather than "it's actually broken, please investigate this". This is more or less the same game from the Japanese server. Many JP vets and actual JP residents will tell you the horror stories of them using 400% and not getting what they want. Or the many other stories of stacking a bunch of boosters, like 150% Triboost, 250% RDR, etc. and still not getting the drops they want. It's not worth (and never has been worth) spending $ for a higher chance of getting an item. Also 250% are just easier to get in-game, which is why people are saying that they're getting more with a 250%. They're "getting more" because they are just easier to obtain.

@Novaline said in 400% rare drop:

RNG is RNG, I'm surprised no JP player has stated that the 400% RDR is not worth buying for because it's what we call a "noob trap". You do perfectly fine with just using 250% RDRs and Triboosts.

We have been, constantly, across multiple topics. We've been trying to explain in every way we can. But just look at the replies we get, as above.

Actually he doesn't have "tons" of things to break. He has arms. Just the arms. They have a very limited drop pool. Elder's drop table is highly documented and known, as opposed to a banther or banshee who drop a wider variety of items based on a wide degree of conditions. It's a lot harder to tell what dropped from what part when you break bits from the banthers, outside of the fact that their set units drop from their broken pieces' loot tables on occasion.

I think what we "want" is them to at least acknowledge that they have seen the reports and are "investigating" the issue.

And you've made it clear that you're literally not willing to accept the possibility that everything is working fine. That the only possibility is that somehow things are broken despite the facts suggesting otherwise.

By the way, YES i would gladly give back all the 7-9 star trash i never bothered to pick up in the first place and the hand full of 10&12* items that dropped because all they are to me is x-cubes anyways. The collection file?! Are you joking? I pity ANYONE dealing with that nonsense at this point! It's simply not worth the time it takes to run the expeditions to finish it off for 8 star rewards.

Cool so it literally is just crying that you didn't get the fancy top tier items you wanted because you spent money. Thanks for confirming that suspicion.

Things i have seen:

Literally all of those things are RNG. 400% boosters don't mean you get 400x more drops, dawg. If you don't like gambling like that, then stop spending money on something that does nothing but offers an increase to odds and not a guarantee of anything. I have zero sympathy for people who whale hard expecting to pay 2 win this game and get mad when they aren't handed an infinite amount of god-tier equipment instantly, especially when even the tiniest amount of research would get you eight years of feedback about this very subject from Japanese players who would assure you that 400% boosters are never going to be worth the money due to that very piece of design.

Flip a coin. Does it land perfectly balanced on its side? Too bad, no thirteen star for you. Try flipping four more coins. That's about as good as you're going to get for how effective a 400% booster is. Crying that the game must be broken because the game isn't shitting endless amounts of prizes on you is really screwed up. You just spent some money, the game didn't lie or cheat you out of that. You're not special.

It seems to me you are defending a ghost since you aren't a developer and have 0 insight into the numbers in play

I played JP for years, I've used boosters in the past. RNG is RNG.

alot of us have seen first hand that we are getting MORE drops from a 250% (free by the way, 0$ value) than we are using 400% boosters that we pay 9$ for (or more if outside the US).

Confirmation bias is one hell of a thing. You want there to be something wrong because it justifies your world view, as do the other people who feel because they spent money (notice your emphasis on this) you feel ripped off. Next time don't spend money without thoroughly researching the product you're buying.

You should always get more out of something you put more in to.

That's not how RNG works.

Yea, buying more than 1 lottery ticket totally DOESN'T give you a better chance of winning. Sure thing.

Yea, buying more than 1 lottery ticket totally DOESN'T give you a better chance of winning. Sure thing.

If you buy 10 lottery tickets, and everyone you know buys 10 lottery tickets, do you start claiming that the lottery is broken when none of you win the jackpot, but someone who only bought 1 did?

It gives you a better chance of winning, but it doesn't guarantee you anything. Statistically speaking you could buy 400 lottery tickets and aren't very likely to win the lottery.

@Satsumiga said in 400% rare drop:

If you buy 10 lottery tickets, and everyone you know buys 10 lottery tickets, do you start claiming that the lottery is broken when none of you win the jackpot, but someone who only bought 1 did?

@Nuebot said in 400% rare drop:

It gives you a better chance of winning, but it doesn't guarantee you anything. Statistically speaking you could buy 400 lottery tickets and aren't very likely to win the lottery.

Not what i said at all (and this is the problem, you guys keep making these leaps of assumption). The 250s are proving to give a BETTER chance of drops than the 400s, that IS broken.

Not what i said at all (and this is the problem, you guys keep making these leaps of assumption). The 250s are proving to give a BETTER chance of drops than the 400s, that IS broken.

It hasn't been proven at all. What has been proven, however, is that the 400% boosters are working just fine on things like collection files. But when that's proven, people jump to "oh it must just be broken in other ways" and the goal posts continually shift because you people can't accept that you have bad luck, and sometimes other people have good luck; it's random. It's just bloody random.