PC Players - What ship are you going to start on?

@Deevee said in PC Players - What ship are you going to start on?:

@Zarozian said in PC Players - What ship are you going to start on?:

@Deevee said in PC Players - What ship are you going to start on?:

Total newcomer here, been waiting for ages. Will probably be there day one and pick SHIP 5 if those are the choices we get.

Five is a cool number! I know it and you know it. I don't care about starting anew, at least it will feel like being part of something. (Plus, chances are some people don't care and pick the first available, while those who hate "the mainstream" pick the last, so...)

No come join Ship 02. I can carry you! ;O

That is a compelling argument, but I think being a complete newb paired with equally useless people is part of the experience. You always end up looking back to those days and thinking "haha I was so bad, look how far I've come".

You could also be doing that on a DEAD SERVER! Wouldn't you rather be on Ship 02 with the rest of us? o 3o

Not everyone is going to go to Ship 2 because you tell them to go there. Ship 1 also has a healthy population, as well.

Remember my warning! You guys will regret not joining 02 in the distant future!

alt text

You know, by joining any of the already existing ships we are getting into mess that is already created by players from xbox (it's economy, it's harder start for new players and the most important, it will be full of elitists, which makes game less enjoyable), it's much better, especially for new players, not players from JP server, to play on fresh start server, where everyone starts on the same ground and everyone will have fun together. On old server most people will be probably carried by old players, which is certainly not fun.

@Chiryuu2609 said in PC Players - What ship are you going to start on?:

You know, by joining any of the already existing ships we are getting into mess that is already created by players from xbox (it's economy, it's harder start for new players and the most important, it will be full of elitists, which makes game less enjoyable), it's much better, especially for new players, not players from JP server, to play on fresh start server, where everyone starts on the same ground and everyone will have fun together. On old server most people will be probably carried by old players, which is certainly not fun.

While I normally would also play on another ship to avoid a crappy economy, I firmly believe that joining a well-populated ship with players that know what they are doing will be an overall better experience for newcomers. Players might want to get any previous cosmetic that was available a month or so ago, and they won't be able to on those new ships.

Also, "elitist making the game less enjoyable" sounds like a personal opinion you're projecting. You can play with a group of your own friends and not care about anyone else from other groups, so this doesn't make any sense. You are also able to blacklist people. Lastly, a lot of new players appreciate veteran players teaching them how to clear UQs, so it's not a matter of "being carried".

Hmm, its certainly been a bit of a thing I had felt conflicted about.

On one hand, as far back as the Closed beta (before it would be revealed that not all Ships would be active at once and that PC would release much MUCH later after Xbox One), me and my Discord server's PSO2 community established Ship 1 as our designated Ship and indeed, we now have an Alliance there.

However... in regards to a 'real' fresh start, I do agree that (should Ships 4-6 go active when PC releases) those servers would be better for an actual fresh start.. one of the motivating factors me and some friends had in regards to the NA version!

At the same time however, I don't really care too much about what sort of headstart Xbox One players had knowing full well that the Level 75 cap is not final and may increase as we catch up to the JP version.

@Novaline said in PC Players - What ship are you going to start on?:

Lastly, a lot of new players appreciate veteran players teaching them how to clear UQs, so it's not a matter of "being carried".

I have seen it in many games already - if the game is already a little old most people will already be at the endgame and when someones asks them how progress through the game they will simply say "the easiest way will be to get carried". Since people are usually lazy, they will go this road, even though it's not really fun to get carried... and the small group that actually would like to play the game as it's supposed to be played will be left out BUT if there is no option to get carried everyone will have to do the dungeons = more people to play with = more enjoyable ride.

Also I suppose on new servers there will be some veterans from JP server, so they will be able to share the knowledge about dealing with dungeons.

And lastly - I, at least, have more fun learning things by myself then getting bashed by veteran players.

@Zarozian i still believe 4-6 will be better for pc players than ship 1-3. I understand if players got Xbox friends on 1-3 and joining for those reasons but for starters many cliques and groups would of already been formed . Urgent quests will be a pain to join for some time (we already seen a thread on this imagine the chances your have as pc player who’s 2 months behind) and economies is already getting established

Compared to the perks of joining a fresh server with at most friend groups being the first groups on there , many would be in the same boat for urgent quests. Many would be doing similar quests near the beginning and the advantages of a new economy . I dont think 4-6 will do as bad as predicted . Maybe slightly less people but is that always a bad thing ?

alt text

Join Ship 2, if you can handle this economy.

@LapisWave said in PC Players - What ship are you going to start on?:

alt text

this is not okay.jpg

Even the newly opened ships won't be too much of a "fresh start". It is best to play where you want to, cause it will only take a couple weeks for the economy to mirror other ships, especially since botting will become worse with the PC version.

There is also the possibility of server transfers coming to the NA version after the PC release, which will allow players with wealth to transfer and capitalize off the "new economies".

At the end of the day just pick your favorite number and go there, cause whales are gonna whale regardless.

alt text

Oof that was fast, People suggesting ship 2 even though they know marketplace is so bad in it.

@kyamell said in PC Players - What ship are you going to start on?:

alt text

Oof that was fast, People suggesting ship 2 even though they know marketplace is so bad in it.

That image is misleading, if you notice on the side they just scrolled down to the most expensive ones. That Lobby action is actually sitting around 11 mil or so at the moment for the top results, and yes that is on Ship 2.

Elitists? Psh! There are no elitists because that's just not how the game works. Any veteran from JP can tell you that anyone in NA pretending to be elitist is dumb. PSO2 is a game about teamwork and strength in numbers! Doesn't matter how strong you are lol!

@Novaline said in PC Players - What ship are you going to start on?:

Lastly, a lot of new players appreciate veteran players teaching them how to clear UQs, so it's not a matter of "being carried".

I have seen it in many games already - if the game is already a little old most people will already be at the endgame and when someones asks them how progress through the game they will simply say "the easiest way will be to get carried". Since people are usually lazy, they will go this road, even though it's not really fun to get carried... and the small group that actually would like to play the game as it's supposed to be played will be left out BUT if there is no option to get carried everyone will have to do the dungeons = more people to play with = more enjoyable ride.

Also I suppose on new servers there will be some veterans from JP server, so they will be able to share the knowledge about dealing with dungeons.

And lastly - I, at least, have more fun learning things by myself then getting bashed by veteran players.

By getting carried I am referring to the Emergency Quests. You're free to do everything else on your own but the fastest way to get all the best loot and lots of Exp is through EQ. It's also the most fun and exciting. Also, there's no blame game or elitism in there either.Your overall experience will be better playing with players who come from JP who are already a tight strong knit community willing to help anyone VS people who are just looking to get ahead of one another by joining a new server and behaving selfishly. But do what you want! It's your loss. We have a whole cast of interesting characters and personalities joining Ship 02. It's never a boring day in 02.