Is the game available in europe?

I cannot find the game inside the xbox marketplace using xbox one.

Only old phantasy star 2 pops up.

On XBox, PSO2 is only officially available in the US and Canada. If you wish to download the game, your XBox's region must be set to the appropriate location.

Please also keep in mind that you won't be able to purchase things in the Xbox Marketplace to use in PSO2NA. This isn't exactly a dealbreaker, just something to be aware of. The same restrictions may not apply to the PC version, so there is hope!

You can set your address on your microsoft / xbox account to a US address. (Just don't buy anything physically or get a physical receipt): https://forum.pso2.com/topic/932/has-anyone-outside-na-been-able-to-buy-founders-pack/7

You can also wait for a steam release, if it comes out. Because Steam should automatically convert currencies for Microsoft, as they'll want Microsoft to pull from the steam wallet.

@coldreactive said in Is the game available in europe?:

You can set your address on your microsoft / xbox account to a US address. (Just don't buy anything physically or get a physical receipt): https://forum.pso2.com/topic/932/has-anyone-outside-na-been-able-to-buy-founders-pack/7

You can also wait for a steam release, if it comes out. Because Steam should automatically convert currencies for Microsoft, as they'll want Microsoft to pull from the steam wallet.

Wait, does this let you purchase stuff like the founder's pack while living outside of the US or just download the game?

@Aida-Enna said in Is the game available in europe?:

Wait, does this let you purchase stuff like the founder's pack while living outside of the US or just download the game?

I believe it allows purchases/etc. (Billing Address/etc.) But a lot of people aren't willing to change their address because they have other family members who use the account. (Which is against the ToS for some services, like FFXIV. As they cannot provide support for someone else who did something to your account.)

Keep in mind, not all banks / debit/credit cards automatically do currency exchanges like VISA does.

I believe it allows purchases/etc. (Billing Address/etc.) But a lot of people aren't willing to change their address because they have other family members who use the account. (Which is against the ToS for some services, like FFXIV. As they cannot provide support for someone else who did something to your account.)

Keep in mind, not all banks / debit/credit cards automatically do currency exchanges like VISA does.

Hm, hopefully someone can try it out and confirm. If it does allow it, that'd be pretty awesome. Thanks!

I wonder if anyone downloaded phantasy star 2 thinking it was this game, lol...

@Spartan-Char said in Is the game available in europe?:

I still find it weird that SEGA released the actual old versions on Steam rather than waiting to properly port them like on the switch. Can't even save in-game on the steam version because of Emulator nonsense. Also no Phantasy Star (the first one) on steam.

I still find it weird that SEGA released the actual old versions on Steam rather than waiting to properly port them like on the switch. Can't even save in-game on the steam version because of Emulator nonsense. Also no Phantasy Star (the first one) on steam.

Emulator nonsense?

Emulator nonsense?

Yeah, the "Sega Classics" system on steam uses an emulator to run ROMs. It uses save states. Phantasy Star 2 can't save in-game while using the system. I've tried, naming a save slot and even though the NPC says it's saved, coming back to the load/save NPC shows there's no saves. So you have to rely on the save state system of the program that runs the game.

Emulator nonsense?

Yeah, the "Sega Classics" system on steam uses an emulator to run ROMs. It uses save states. Phantasy Star 2 can't save in-game while using the system. I've tried, naming a save slot and even though the NPC says it's saved, coming back to the load/save NPC shows there's no saves. So you have to rely on the save state system of the program that runs the game.

That's unusual. I played the beginning of PS2 recently on Steam with the Classics and it let me save and load in-game, even with opening and closing the emulator. I never had to use the save states.

TLDR; yes it is.

@Aida-Enna Need a US address on your account and also need to buy US Microsoft gift cards, Live in the UK here and that was the only way I could find around it after trying many other ways for about 3 hours on the open beta launch night.