Does anyone know why quest available items change so frequently?

Back in old PSO items were constant drops from certain enemies.

In this game it lists two available rares but it changes what seems like every 10 minutes.

What is the cause?

Also still trying to figure out what drops what.

What drops aura, selk, form weapons etc?

I’m guessing it’s only the end bosses but do you need rare versions?

Inquiring minds want to know.

@Jinxpalm said in Does anyone know why quest available items change so frequently?:

In this game it lists two available rares but it changes what seems like every 10 minutes.

There's actually a larger list you can bring up. (Though I don't know how, since I only played on Japanese servers, and not everything was shown / translated like it is here. I'm a PC only player.)

The list of items shown on a quest is based on what dropped for people. Every week, the list is updated based on who's run that quest. It's basically doing the job of a wiki for you. The list won't show collection file items, for obvious reasons.

@Jinxpalm I suppose these two "ITEMS AVAILABLE" are simply picked up from the quest log. You can see the log by (select quest) - (select difficulty) - View Quest Log - Item Log.

Usually, it looks like the highest rarity weapons of the least drop counts are chosen, but maybe there are some different cases.

@Jinxpalm said in Does anyone know why quest available items change so frequently?:

Back in old PSO items were constant drops from certain enemies.

What is the cause?

Also still trying to figure out what drops what.

What drops aura, selk, form weapons etc?

I’m guessing it’s only the end bosses but do you need rare versions?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Sadly best we can do is see what has dropped recently in the AQs but it doesn't exactly tell us what drops them which does suck.

@coldreactive said in Does anyone know why quest available items change so frequently?:

There's actually a larger list you can bring up. (Though I don't know how, since I only played on Japanese servers, and not everything was shown / translated like it is here. I'm a PC only player.)

The list of items shown on a quest is based on what dropped for people. Every week, the list is updated based on who's run that quest. It's basically doing the job of a wiki for you. The list won't show collection file items, for obvious reasons.

So are you referring to the item log? That shows all the drops for past week I believe.

I didn’t know that it just picks a random two drops very interesting.

I've been dumping those item logs to text form for a bit now - We have the N, H, VH, and SH drops posted for all explorations and SHAQs in the wiki channel on our discord, and we're adding them to the Wiki itself (although this process may take a while, due to the ridiculous amount of data). I believe we've done all the aura/form weapons and PAs on the Wiki, but I'm not sure offhand. The channel is publicly visible if you want to pop in and grab the raw text drops in the meantime, though.