Not really f2p is it?

Its not really f2p if u need gold membership to play it as in info unless its only for closed beta then i unstand if not then its not really f2p is it. i going wait an hope there pc beta at somepoint as i dont own xbox lol

No, there won't be a PC beta, since they've already had a PC client in the japanese version, despite all the bugs that probably won't get fixed between the Xbox and PC version, since they require testing on both platforms. (IE: the character customization lag won't be fixed on PC. Since it would require testing on PC, which they aren't planning on doing.)

For those unaware, Xbox One uses a special version of Windows 10, which Microsoft had hoped to help bring more games to the PC as well through the whole unification system they had planned between Xbox and PC.

At least you don't need purchase a Hunter's Guild license to play...

@Rantious said in Not really f2p is it?:

At least you don't need purchase a Hunter's Guild license to play...

White Knight Chronicles in a nutshell. This was to prevent people buying used copies and being able to play online with them.

i like how my post goes form not really f2p over to pc beta an hunter guild license to play lol

@Twinmage

To be fair, to play most good quality, online multiplayer Xbox games, you need Xbox Gold.

@oldColdReactive said in Not really f2p is it?:

No, there won't be a PC beta

Inb4 PC is in the open beta, since they only said "closed beta is exclusive to Xbox One". ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Though advertising/fancy words is a thing, and not caring if people read more than a little into that phrase... aka maybe next beta isn't exclusive, by that wording. Though can't be too much longer before they spill the beans with what's going on exactly with PC. (though also, since cross play is a thing, would think would be a good idea to beta test/tease that >.>)

@GM-Deynger said in Not really f2p is it?:

@Twinmage

To be fair, to play most good quality, online multiplayer Xbox games, you need Xbox Gold.

Almost like they need to find servers and staff or something‽

@Twinmage said in Not really f2p is it?:

i like how my post goes form not really f2p over to pc beta an hunter guild license to play lol

Having to own Xbox live gold to play PSO2 does not negate the fact that PSO2 itself is a free to play game.

The platform requires a subscription to play games online, however PSO2 itself does not require any form of payment.

@RocKiee-Kyrosu said in Not really f2p is it?:

@oldColdReactive said in Not really f2p is it?:

No, there won't be a PC beta

Inb4 PC is in the open beta, since they only said "closed beta is exclusive to Xbox One". ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Though advertising/fancy words is a thing, and not caring if people read more than a little into that phrase... aka maybe next beta isn't exclusive, by that wording. Though can't be too much longer before they spill the beans with what's going on exactly with PC. (though also, since cross play is a thing, would think would be a good idea to beta test/tease that >.>)

I really... REALLY hope this is true. There's a lot of PC stuff I know that won't be fixed between Xbox and PC. Just from looking at the bug reports forum alone.

@oldColdReactive unlike u that why pc beta is needed fix the things wrong i played jap one didnt see much wrong. Wont really know ustill open beta starts as info form there twitter post (players will be able to transfer their progress to the Open Beta period and launch!)

I'm pretty sure they will have a PC and Xbox on the OBT so they can test cross play and stuff.

I sure hope so, since this is the first time I've heard Microsoft Azure being used for actual gaming.