Screen size calibration

Screen size is a bignplay in the game and some people like some of my friends cant really see half their screen. They cant tell when they have their mags ready for PSE bursts, cant see rarity of items etc. In their defense they have an old model of tv and depend on games to have the option.

Just an suggestion I doubt it would be put in affect but if I were in their shoes id love the option.

Fwiw I did recently, when I was getting near constant and unplayable No[603] disconnection errors, sit down and step through the XBox Screen Calibration Guide. Long story short what made the screen fit FINALLY on my quite aging Samsung 47" Series7 750. Under Picture Options once I selected away from the 16:9 to a setting called "Just Scan". Hallelujah. Interestingly to type this little diddy. I went back to double check and its back to 16:9. And my game screen is still full view. Or Green Box per the Xbox Screen Calibration Guide.

On a smaller and probably similar in age 27" Spectre LCD TV w/ DVD in another room. All I had to do was change the input picture options from HDMI to HDMI PC. Got my Green Box/Full game screen there.

All the other settings are how darks are darks or how warm and bright this or that is. That's definitely more preferential. But these screen size format input setting finagling is definitely functionally key!

Hope this is helpful to some of yall.

o/ =^.^=

@KnightHarb1nger I have tried this with my 65inch lg 4K hdr 10 capable tv and the tv will not display in 4K anymore if I turn off overscan, now for me I set 6ft away and I use the 4K large text, the only thing that hangs off my screen is the pos under the map (a-2) when I checked in game it’s like this with the small. Medium& large

@Lwyu Totally agree, this is a problem mine is not too bad but my friend has shocking loss of screen space.

Yeah, as I do not have 4K I don't have that "set of problems." So certainly can't speak to those woes.

I wonder how much control a game dev has. Because of the physical/logical separation between the TV and the Console. Granted I think most will say "all of the rest of their games works fine." But I would venture to guess we/they don't know any better. The only way to know for certain, at least on the Xbox, is to invoke the Screen Calibration Tool. If you see the Green Box you "should" be golden. Including in PSO2 NA. If you only see or barely see a Blue box. Then you're looking at whats sometimes called an MVP (Minimum Viable Product) from a vendor's responsibilty and supportability standpoint.

2¥/¢

o/ =^.^=

It would be a definite game changer, a lot of people enjoy the game enough to play regardless but it makes it hard to work with them and for them to keep up with us, item names, mag abilities etc. they cant see them.

Thank you! I will pass this feedback along.

@Lwyu said in Screen size calibration:

It would be a definite game changer, a lot of people enjoy the game enough to play regardless but it makes it hard to work with them and for them to keep up with us, item names, mag abilities etc. they cant see them.

Agreed! Being able to see those last couple few inches all around the edges has been so amazing. Almost wondered how I'd let myself go this long without giving my 1080p options a try.

If an in-game way of accomplishing this could be done. That would truly be a boon for a good to great many peeps like ourselves with flat screen tvs of a "certain age." ;0 ;)~

@GM-Deynger said in Screen size calibration:

Thank you for the issue lift good sir/mam!

o/ =^.^=

@KnightHarb1nger said in Screen size calibration:

@Lwyu said in Screen size calibration:

Agreed! Being able to see those last couple few inches all around the edges has been so amazing. Almost wondered how I'd let myself go this long without giving my 1080p options a try.

If an in-game way of accomplishing this could be done. That would truly be a boon for a good to great many peeps like ourselves with flat screen tvs of a "certain age." ;0 ;)~

@GM-Deynger said in Screen size calibration:

Thank you for the issue lift good sir/mam!

o/ =^.^=

Of course! More than happy to make our community happy!

@GM-Deynger I would also appreciate being able to see the whole picture as I play the game on Xbox one and simply adjusting the aspect ratio of my tv 📺 doesn't help at all

@TURION-MOONSTAR same here