Any Specific Release Date For Late May?

I am well aware that Microsoft isn't the publisher, however the decision to limit the game to North America may have been a Sega decision. Its not really up to Valve to limit the game but rather up to the publisher, Sega, to choose to limit the game to NA's digital storefront.

That said, I am aware there are cases of a game being 'limited' to a particular region but still available on Steam outside of said regions.

@Zumi81 Because the MS store is more likely to have problems with downloading/installing large games than Steam, and when it has issues sometimes it even gets to the point where reinstalling windows is the only way to fix the issues.

Naturally not everyone has problems with it, but having problems with the MS store is more frequent than with any of the other stores. There is a small chance that PSO2 will use its own launcher to download the game files even in the MS store though.

@Shaun said in Any Specific Release Date For Late May?:

@Zumi81 said in Any Specific Release Date For Late May?:

Question why do some people care about it being on Steam so much instead of the Microsoft store? Its built into windows 10 for one so its not like you have to download anything to use the MS store. If anything you download it once from the store and it will open like any other program you have on your PC don't have to go through a launcher like steam just open and play the game it seems better to me.

I play FFXIV and there is a steam version of it and from what I heard its worse than the stand alone windows version cause it takes longer to start because you have to launch it through steam.

I can say you should ignore those people who say it is worse through Steam when it is not, I have the Steam version of FFXIV and by no means does it load slowly or anything like that, it loads the same as without Steam, the Launcher is going to be the same with and without Steam.

The problem with the Steam version of FFXIV isn't about performance (although me and many others I know do have issues with FFXIV if Steam's Overlay is enabled). The problem is that it locks you into Steam. Found an expansion cheaper elsewhere? Too bad, you can only buy expansions through Steam. Want to play the game outside of Steam? Too bad, you can't. (I know bypasses exist, but it doesn't make it any less shittier.)

As for PSO2, I think a non-store version would be the best option imo (just like JP). That way you aren't forced to use Steam or the Microsoft Store. However, still do give people the option to use those marketplaces for those who want it.

Alright guys. Any release date yet?

Late May, we aren't even through the first half of may yet, start having panic attacks after the 15th.

@Novaline @Likaizam Ughhhhhh! What's taking them so long?! >;(

part of the reason it was limited to North America likely goes to the fact that there is an independance day version of xie that was data mined. Anyway I locked in my guess for the 26th several weeks back.

More waiting......I guess I will go take a look at the line-up for what new games are coming out this month that I can play while I wait.

I found nothing. Any update yet or should we prepare for the bad news?

@Zarozian id say prepare for bad news only IF May is done and we still dont have the PC version. Best case scenario, much like Beta dates, Sega announces the PC version a week in advance... and theres two and a half weeks left in May for that to happen so best to be patient. Bad, yet not Worst case scenario, the PC version just "launches".

Personally, I believe the PC version launches after the late May maintenance.

@Leonkh99 said in Any Specific Release Date For Late May?:

@Zarozian id say prepare for bad news only IF May is done and we still dont have the PC version. Best case scenario, much like Beta dates, Sega announces the PC version a week in advance... and theres two and a half weeks left in May for that to happen so best to be patient. Bad, yet not Worst case scenario, the PC version just "launches".

When they give a date they've been keeping it at that date. I don't think they've pushed back anything yet.

Yeah, I wouldn't worry yet. Even if it does get delayed, it's not like they're doing it on purpose - It's very likely something outside of their control. The team here clearly cares about PSO2 and wants it succeed here, but the corona virus timing isn't helping 😞

@Leonkh99 said in Any Specific Release Date For Late May?:

The way you put it amuses me. = 3=

@Aida-Enna said in Any Specific Release Date For Late May?:

Yeah, I wouldn't worry yet. Even if it does get delayed, it's not like they're doing it on purpose - It's very likely something outside of their control. The team here clearly cares about PSO2 and wants it succeed here, but the corona virus timing isn't helping 😞

Whether it's good news or bad news, transparency is a must. People are very forgiving if they know what's going on and why it's delayed. If it's gonna be delayed, they would prefer to hear that sooner and be pleasantly surprised when it releases sooner or on time.