Any Specific Release Date For Late May?

@Subject-Astra said in Any Specific Release Date For Late May?:

@Aida-Enna No offense if you're friends of them, but the way they're acting through all this is already proving the PSO2 subreddit should be avoided.

Even for a terrible shitpost, the lack of being able to see sarcasm that comes from reading text online is what they should have noticed tbqh.

Dunno why this turned into bashing the subreddit over a couple of jabs related between friends and mods. If you are able to pass over the amount of work, resources, and the amount of people these volunteers go out their way to help, then by all means bash the subreddit and the Discord. People are still human and responses are never going to be as robotic enough for them to be perfect. If this was enough to stop either of them they'd have fallen apart ages ago. Please do keep in mind that despite being volunteers and these kind of responses in any capacity that was serious wouldn't fly. Person in question is completely fine and the entire thing was a shitpost that was reprimanded for immediately after. All mod parties are fine as well the friend. While I continue to hope one instance doesn't ruin great resources for the community, I can understand the distraught with this from the outside.

@KyleTensei said in Any Specific Release Date For Late May?:

Dunno why this turned into bashing the subreddit over a couple of jabs related between friends and mods. If you are able to pass over the amount of work, resources, and the amount of people these volunteers go out their way to do, then by all means bash the subreddit and the Discord. People are still human and responses are never going to be as robotic enough for them to be perfect. If this was enough to stop either of them they'd have fallen apart ages ago. Please do keep in mind that despite being volunteers and these kind of responses in any capacity that was serious wouldn't fly. Person in question is completely fine and the entire thing was a shitpost that was reprimanded for immediately after. All mod parties are fine as well the friend. While I continue to hope one instance doesn't ruin great resources for the community, I can understand the distraught with this from the outside.

You're one of them, aren't you? Well done not understanding.

Thread is way too strayed from the OP's question now. I think it should be locked now.

As for the Reddit debate, no I'm sorry but I'm friends with a lot of the moderators on the Reddit, but I think it was stupid to even make a post like that. It was even more stupid for a moderator to play along and act immature for the sake of a joke. Just makes all the moderators look bad, despite this only being one of them acting up.

@Subject-Astra some context to the whole situation: https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/geav4p/a_public_apology/

@Leonkh99 said in Any Specific Release Date For Late May?:

@Subject-Astra some context to the whole situation: https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/geav4p/a_public_apology/

Okay now it looks much better, I was thinking that they will just try to hide that anything happend :). btw. it's already massive offtopic at this point :D.

So back to the topic - any news about release?

@Chiryuu2609

Still late May, really hoping for an announcement sometime soon. Either that or people just wait for news at 5pm PST like they did during the Xbox One CBT.

Alright, well I will be on Ship 02 if anyone wants to play with me and my clan. Feel free to join our discord. It's got lots of people and we play all sorts of games together.

Question why do some people care about it being on Steam so much instead of the Microsoft store? Its built into windows 10 for one so its not like you have to download anything to use the MS store. If anything you download it once from the store and it will open like any other program you have on your PC don't have to go through a launcher like steam just open and play the game it seems better to me.

I play FFXIV and there is a steam version of it and from what I heard its worse than the stand alone windows version cause it takes longer to start because you have to launch it through steam.

@Zumi81

I think it's more of the fact that Steam just has a larger amount of possible users, plus it's just another store to have access to play the game. It makes the game more accessible, I suppose.

I don't really care about Steam, but having options is something I understand if people want to have.

@Novaline said in Any Specific Release Date For Late May?:

@Zumi81

I think it's more of the fact that Steam just has a larger amount of possible users, plus it's just another store to have access to play the game. It makes the game more accessible, I suppose.

I don't really care about Steam, but having options is something I understand if people want to have.

There is also the fact that there are a lot of people that still aren't running Windows 10. With Steam, at least, it can be played on Windows 8.1 and before and can also be emulated on Linux/Mac, most likely. With Windows 10 exclusivity, you need Windows 10 or you aren't playing. People also seem to have issues with Microsoft's privacy with using Windows 10.

@Zumi81 said in Any Specific Release Date For Late May?:

Question why do some people care about it being on Steam so much instead of the Microsoft store? Its built into windows 10 for one so its not like you have to download anything to use the MS store. If anything you download it once from the store and it will open like any other program you have on your PC don't have to go through a launcher like steam just open and play the game it seems better to me.

I play FFXIV and there is a steam version of it and from what I heard its worse than the stand alone windows version cause it takes longer to start because you have to launch it through steam.

I can say you should ignore those people who say it is worse through Steam when it is not, I have the Steam version of FFXIV and by no means does it load slowly or anything like that, it loads the same as without Steam, the Launcher is going to be the same with and without Steam.

@Zumi81 said in Any Specific Release Date For Late May?:

Another reason in addition to people using an older version of Windows is that with Steam, steam does all currency exchanges for developers/publishers when it comes to DLC/etc. Meaning people from the EU/etc. will have an easier time buying premium/etc. Currently, people have to change their billing address / etc. to do that on the Microsoft Store, which is fine if you don't get anything physically from the store. But some debit/credit cards don't do currency exchanging like VISA does.

With my VISA Debit card, it allows me to purchase products directly from sites that only accept JPY (Japanese Yen), Euros or GBP (Gold British Pounds.) Such as DLSite and GAME. In fact, it's the reason why I could buy someone who lives in the UK game time for FFXIV as a gift. Since the Square Enix Store, much like the Microsoft Store, locks you into your region/country's version of the store. (So I had to buy said game time from GAME's website.) There's a fee that VISA charges when you do this, and is done automatically, and is only shown on your Bank/Card's transcript/account rather than on your receipt.

If more card companies were willing to offer this service as a standard, then we wouldn't have to worry about such silly things.

@coldreactive , thats supposing that, should a Steam release happen, the game shows up on other region's Steam store.

During my time living in South East Asia (and even now to an extent with a couple of games in Australia) there were certain games that would not be displayed in our storefront such as TERA. Publishers have the option to restrict their game to be visible only in certain regions.

Furthermore, changing Steam regions is surprisingly a bit more complicated than changing your MS Store region. Whereas changing your Microsoft Store region is pretty straightforward, Valve requires your IP address be in the country you are changing to and this would be a 'one time' change that can only be done something like once a year. Valve's also more strict about changing to regions you are not actually in as apparently there's been people who've had their Steam account taken down for doing this.

My stance hasn't changed on the matter, if a Steam version were an option I would still recommend those outside of North America to go for the MS Store version as opposed to taking the risk changing Steam's regions would have. (supposing the game's limited to the NA storefront)

I find it extremely unlikely that steam's going to limit it, considering Microsoft isn't the publisher. We'll see if SEGA even releases it on steam, I guess. iirc, PSO2 has a PEGI rating as well.