Any Specific Release Date For Late May?

Would be nice if it's at least announced there [as in a full date], maybe with a post showing what they'll add on that day.......assuming they add more stuff on that day.

@Subject-Astra said in Any Specific Release Date For Late May?:

Would be nice if it's at least announced there [as in a full date], maybe with a post showing what they'll add on that day.......assuming they add more stuff on that day.

Hopefully at least 3 more ships. Don't want CBT over-population again.

@coldreactive said in Any Specific Release Date For Late May?:

@Novaline said in Any Specific Release Date For Late May?:

I feel like maybe the 12th is a reasonable date

I would argue this isn't late may. Considering Halfway would be 15-16.

Read that sentence you quoted completely.

@coldreactive

Depends on how populated the current ships are. I know 1 and 2 have a sizable amount of people, but is Ship 3 even that full? They might just scratch that and maybe put in 1 or 2 additional ships. Also, I meant by 12th as the announcement for the 26th, since that's late May. Making a speculation that they'd announce a week ahead, but I might be asking for much haha.

Read that sentence you quoted completely.

Yes, I know about the speculation, but I'm not sure why anyone would even bother speculating the 12th in the first place, even with battle pass ending.

Depends on how populated the current ships are. I know 1 and 2 have a sizable amount of people, but is Ship 3 even that full?

I think people are underestimating the PC playerbase. Always will.

@coldreactive

It's a weird thing to take speculation from, yes, but I've seen multiple people using it as one. That's my only argument from that, really. Other than that, it could honestly be anytime they feel like announcing it. People would just think it would be weird for them to release PC during the middle of a Battle Pass or AC Scratch, is all. Which I think is a reasonable guess.

You missed the rest of the sentence: "I feel like maybe the 12th is a reasonable date that the PC version could be announced, if they want to release it on the 26th". ^^;

Basically Novaline meant that the 12th may be a reasonable date for the announcement, not the date of the PC release.

@Ezodagrom said in Any Specific Release Date For Late May?:

You missed the rest of the sentence: "I feel like maybe the 12th is a reasonable date that the PC version could be announced, if they want to release it on the 26th". ^^;

And you missed the post I made above the one above your post. ^^;;

@coldreactive Indeed. xd

In reply to that post, why bother speculating about the 12th? Because it's the next update day, makes sense that an announcement would be made in a day where people would be looking at the official website news, I guess.

Unless they're just gonna shadow drop it on the 26th, which wouldn't be surprising since that's how the game went from open beta to release, with no prior announcement.

I bet three rappys that it will be announced on the 20th and be out 29th.

@Zarozian said in Any Specific Release Date For Late May?:

In the end, I wasn't able to find a specific release date for late May.

I guess they don't respect their PC player base. They need a firm reminder that PC is the master race. = w=

I don't see this as a case of respect but just their general way of handling things, if it wasn't people asking for the PC release date it was people asking for the Closed Beta and Open Beta dates to which I say... at this point we should have gotten used that these things are announed when they are really close rather than a month or several weeks in advanced... and tbh this is no different from how other Sega releases happen. Keeping things vague essentially gives them a 'small' chance that if plans were to be changed for some reason no actual delay would be announced... they could aim for say... May 16th but due to some issues it becomes May 28th instead and they can pretend that was their plan all along.

The lack of information is also due to the fact that the Community Management team, ESTsoft, is just a 'messenger boy' to Sega of Japan; the ones running the NA servers, developing updates, porting the game, etc. If they have no details to give its either due to Sega of Japan keeping them in the shadows or some sort of NDA.

PC version isn't out yet and already the reddit is slowly getting dumpster fire posts. Oh lord.

Still get those once a month for FFXIV's reddit. Usually disguised as...

• "Is this game still good?"
  • "I need to convince a friend to play." (Games are meant to be fun, never ask this.)
  • "Is this game still populated?"

And more.

And the PSO2 reddit seems to already have mods that like to stick it to people they don't like and ban them. At least it makes it easy to avoid.

By any chance did any particular incident happen over at the PSO2 Reddit? 👀

@Ezodagrom said in Any Specific Release Date For Late May?:

@Zarozian said in Any Specific Release Date For Late May?:

In the end, I wasn't able to find a specific release date for late May.

I guess they don't respect their PC player base. They need a firm reminder that PC is the master race. = w=

Not just about the PC version, but the way information in general is handled in the NA side when compared to the JP side is like night and day.

In the JP version, every update gets a video trailer usually more than 1 week before said update, and usually there are livestreams announcing future content, merchandise and other PSO2 related stuff every month (with April being an exception due to covid 19).

For example, the late March JP livestream showed video trailers for all the content for the whole month of April and even teased further future content.

Meanwhile in the NA side updates are announced on the day of the update through twitter and news articles in the official website, and there's only video trailers for outfits and emotes, there's no trailers about the actual updates.

While I wasn't expecting the full JP treatment in the NA version, I thought that at least announcements would have been done with some time in advance, not on the day of the updates.

Well in NA's defense, we are going through a pandemic right now that may through everything off and the management for PSO2 may not be organized yet. Still, I agree with you. The lack of transparency is bad.

@Leonkh99 said in Any Specific Release Date For Late May?:

By any chance did any particular incident happen over at the PSO2 Reddit?

Long story short, someone says something admittedly kinda dumb, but not really rulebreaking or bad, mod seems to go wild against him, even breaking the reddit's own rules just to stick it to him. The guy ended up posting about it, which shows that even the reason he was banned was clearly wrong [unless "he was asking for it" is suddenly a good reason now]. Mod proceeds to keep insulting the guy.

It was extremely obvious the guy was screwing around and not breaking any rule, even a different mod mentioned it, but this dude decided to not just suspend/ban him twice, he then insulted him and pretty much gloated about it.

Long story short, someone says something admittedly kinda dumb, but not really rulebreaking or bad, mod seems to go wild against him, even breaking the reddit's own rules just to stick it to him. The guy ended up posting about it, which shows that even the reason he was banned was clearly wrong [unless "he was asking for it" is suddenly a good reason now]. Mod proceeds to keep insulting the guy.

It was extremely obvious the guy was screwing around and not breaking any rule, even a different mod mentioned it, but this dude decided to not just suspend/ban him twice, he then insulted him and pretty much gloated about it.

Do you have a link to this stuff?

@Aida-Enna said in Any Specific Release Date For Late May?:

Do you have a link to this stuff?

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/gdlku4/this_subreddits_mods_are_toxic/