Any Specific Release Date For Late May?

@Novaline As I said before, Sega doesn't give a flip about what PC players want or think. We are extras in a movie, guests in the house of XBOX. So you don't have to worry about ships being locked for any reason. PC players will just be behind and they have to deal with it. (as always I will state, I am a PC player.) For PSO2 vets, leveling is pretty fast anyway so is meseta farming, its just outfits we will be missing out on, which will rotate in and out from time to time, sooooo .... Im not worried.

Quite frankly, I'm just impressed that the plan is to have content come out simultaneously for JP and NA. As someone who played PSOBB and PSU, Sega has NEVER given us content at the same time as Japan, so that's a pretty huge commitment.

My cousin won't touch PSO2 until it's on PC, but we've waited damn near a decade for this, I think he can manage a month.

@coldreactive Thanks lad. You've been big help.

In the end, I wasn't able to find a specific release date for late May.

I guess they don't respect their PC player base. They need a firm reminder that PC is the master race. = w=

@Zarozian said in Any Specific Release Date For Late May?:

In the end, I wasn't able to find a specific release date for late May.

I guess they don't respect their PC player base. They need a firm reminder that PC is the master race. = w=

Not just about the PC version, but the way information in general is handled in the NA side when compared to the JP side is like night and day.

In the JP version, every update gets a video trailer usually more than 1 week before said update, and usually there are livestreams announcing future content, merchandise and other PSO2 related stuff every month (with April being an exception due to covid 19).

For example, the late March JP livestream showed video trailers for all the content for the whole month of April and even teased further future content.

Meanwhile in the NA side updates are announced on the day of the update through twitter and news articles in the official website, and there's only video trailers for outfits and emotes, there's no trailers about the actual updates.

While I wasn't expecting the full JP treatment in the NA version, I thought that at least announcements would have been done with some time in advance, not on the day of the updates.

The lack of livestreams/videos is likely because SEGA doesn't want to put the effort into putting generic English subtitles on slides/etc. like FFXIV does on their Japanese-only live letters. Which has English text below Japanese text on their slides for upcoming updates/etc.

Plus, SEGA probably doesn't have an actual professional Localization team like Square's had for more than a decade now. (They only really got one starting around Final Fantasy VIII's development cycle. You can really tell the difference between FF8's and the original FF7's English/etc. And by original FF7, I mean on a PSOne disk, not some digital re-release they can easily fix.)

@coldreactive Yeah, as I said I wasn't expecting the full JP treatment (trailers for every update and even livestreams), but even updates announcements being done with almost no time in advance (in the day of the updates) and the secrecy about other news (PC release day not set in stone, being vague about where it will be available when it comes to digital platforms), just makes the difference between NA and JP when it comes to the handling of new information even more glaring.

The moment that the PC release info was thrown at the end of the console launch's blogpost with barely a few sentences was the moment you all should've realized they don't care at all about this.

It's hard to get other people enthusiastic about a game when the company seems to be apathetic about it. I can only hype-man for so long before I start not giving a flip. For gawdsake, ACT like you give a flip Sega!

If they were/are so worried about a PSU 2.0 then they are doing a great job of a potential repeat/self fulfilling prophecy now.

Yeah I did lose interest in NA after knowing the OBT was also going to be for X-Box One, I lost a lot of hype. I'm just waiting right now, I'm a bit sad knowing that one set of my F CAST parts were from the first Mission Pass, not sure if I'm going to be able to get them now. =/

PC version isn't out yet and already the reddit is slowly getting dumpster fire posts. Oh lord.

@Subject-Astra said in Any Specific Release Date For Late May?:

PC version isn't out yet and already the reddit is slowly getting dumpster fire posts. Oh lord.

Still get those once a month for FFXIV's reddit. Usually disguised as...

• "Is this game still good?"
  • "I need to convince a friend to play." (Games are meant to be fun, never ask this.)
  • "Is this game still populated?"

And more.

@coldreactive said in Any Specific Release Date For Late May?:

@Subject-Astra said in Any Specific Release Date For Late May?:

Still get those once a month for FFXIV's reddit. Usually disguised as...

• "Is this game still good?"
  • "I need to convince a friend to play." (Games are meant to be fun, never ask this.)
  • "Is this game still populated?"

And more.

And the PSO2 reddit seems to already have mods that like to stick it to people they don't like and ban them. At least it makes it easy to avoid.

@Subject-Astra

Considering that I've heard that people report PSO2 Reddit posts for "ugly characters", it's honestly just a place to avoid. Also, don't want to drag the topic away from the original point, I feel like maybe the 12th is a reasonable date that the PC version could be announced, if they want to release it on the 26th, even though those dates are both just speculation due to how the AC Scratch and Battle Pass stuff reset.

@Novaline said in Any Specific Release Date For Late May?:

I feel like maybe the 12th is a reasonable date

I would argue this isn't late may. Considering Halfway would be 15-16.