Any Specific Release Date For Late May?

This quarantine won't last forever. Can PC players get an exact date yet?

I'm also wondering is cross-play confirmed for this? I have been waiting for the pc release but don't know if i can wait any longer!!!!!

@Arnesk said in Any Specific Release Date For Late May?:

I'm also wondering is cross-play confirmed for this? I have been waiting for the pc release but don't know if i can wait any longer!!!!!

Cross-Play was confirmed months ago.

@Arnesk said in Any Specific Release Date For Late May?:

Cross-Play/Save was confirmed quite a while ago, plus it's in my pinned Guides & Help Mega thread: https://forum.pso2.com/topic/1096/guides-and-help-mega-thread

alt text

As for the OP, it's most likely going to be the 26th after maint. and after the current AC Scratch ends.

@coldreactive said in Any Specific Release Date For Late May?:

most likely going to be the 26th after maint.

Oof. That's a long ways away to wait patiently.

@Grave-Knight said in Any Specific Release Date For Late May?:

FFXIV players like me have to wait an extra month and a week or two for our major patch. Originally scheduled for June, it's now pushed to Mid-july at the earliest. But it's all because of COVID-19.

@Grave-Knight said in Any Specific Release Date For Late May?:

FFXIV players like me have to wait an extra month and a week or two for our major patch. Originally scheduled for June, it's now pushed to Mid-july at the earliest. But it's all because of COVID-19.

At least this means that the already amazing team that handles FFXIV can end up ironing out the kinks in the patch [which there's usually little of, if any at all].

In this case, we already waited like 10 years, most of this month shouldn't be that bad.

• The very last week of May probably.
  • They do not give a flip about PC. (I'm a PC player btw)
  • This was originally all about XBOX and the campaign to get it here was done specifically for XBOX.
  • PC People are guests, this is a XBOX game first. (Reminder I am a PC player, this is just me interpreting the behavior of SEGA.)
  • There will be no red carpet, there will be no bonus material, it will more than likely be a very quiet launch.
  • They do not give a flip about the quarantine.
  • Windows 10 will be the norm for at least a year before they expand to other platforms (like steam) because they want to see if it will go belly up like PSU so they are very skittish about going hard on all this.

Side note: These are not fact but my observational opinion, do not take anything as what I say as fact and if you find facts to the contrary feel free to share. I will not get combative over my opinion and it is open to change. Love and peace.

People are saying either the 12th (when apparently the Battle Pass resets) or the 26th (when the AC scratch resets on maintenance).

@Likaizam

While I'm a PC player, I don't want to believe that that's the truth, but honestly with how close we are to May with no exact release date.. Mind you that X-Box One players actually got a date for things weeks in advance, it does make us feel left out. I think what I'm worried about the most is what they are going to do with ships 4-6, as my biggest fear is that they will make them locked to PC players only. If that does happen, I would definitely quit, as I planned on playing with my friends that had a head start on Ship 1.

I think I speak for a lot of PC players when I say that it would be nice to get a date confirmed, at the very least, since it is already May. I'm patient with waiting, but a confirmed date would settle a lot of peoples' concern with how we (PC players) are being left in the shadows.

EDIT: Let me backstep, I don't think they will lock ships out but I feel that other PC players would complain about being "behind" the current X-Box One users.

@Novaline i don’t think they will lock 1-3 . At least not with Xbox and pc as they both Microsoft products , they probably will open at least another server for those who want the feeling of a fresh start though

Also. I think the Xbox players only got the date a week before open beta became available? It probably will be the same for pc (if you don’t hear anything by Tuesday the 5th I would assume it’s the 26th of may as opposed to the 12th) I cant see it being the 19th as it’s right in the middle of everything .

They are definitely not going to lock SHIPs to certain systems, it would make no sense. They confirmed months ago that cross play is going to happen, what would be the point of cross play if they would lock out SHIPs to either XBOX or PC? So no, absolutely no way that they are going to lock SHIPs out.

@ErinXh

Yea I know Cross Play is a thing, I'm just more concerned about some of these PC players complaining about the 2-3 month start that current players have. I do think 4-6 would be unlocked once PC arrives so that there isn't a downtime like there was when the CBT started.

I can understand new players fearing the 2-3 months head start their peers had. I sadly can't share that sentiment due my experience on the JP version. Personally, even if they would have given them a 6-12 months head start it still wouldn't bother me. I am probably in the minority with that thought even among vets I guess. But my following stance I posted in another topic still stand:

Within a year from now, pretty much everyone will have forgotten the head start the Xbox One users had. Or at least no one will mention/care about it by then. So did/would the head start really matter?

To those that do feel bothered by the 'head start'. Once the PC version releases, you should ask yourself this question each month as you play this game "Did the head start matter?". There will come a month, or rather said a moment in time that you'll forget to ask yourself that question. It is at that very moment that you'll find your answer.

@ErinXh

Honestly, the head start isn't going to matter, considering that the plan is apparently to be on par with the JP version of the game by the end of the year. I guess the only thing that is worthwhile to complain about is things like cosmetics that we're missing right now. Of course, they can be revived, but that's a matter of when.