Anyone know how to adjust screen size to fit my tv?

@Rzarcasm said in Anyone know how to adjust screen size to fit my tv?:

@Plazza7020 said in Anyone know how to adjust screen size to fit my tv?:

I have a 4K TV and I was looking around the settings of the Client. I found a settings for display size and it wouldn't let me change my display size to "Big - 4K." I'm guessing they will add changeable display sizes either in the Open Beta or the Official Launch.

I wasn't able to select this either, was anyone else having a problem with this option?

I think so, one of the threads in Screenshots was saying that the game isn't in 4K even thought they got a Xbox One that supported 4K. I'm guessing since that since this was the Closed Beta I am guessing we'll get more features, settings, and the 4K support added in the Open Beta Test.

I had to find the setting on the TV itself. Look for anything that allows disabling overscan.

Same problem here since day one of the closed beta. ^_^;

Please add a safezone adjuster in the settings when the game fully launch if possible. 🙂

This TV screen & game HUD problem is now a KNOWN ISSUE on the official PSO2 Support website here: https://support.pso2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043757054-TV-Aspect-Ratio-Issues It says the following: "Certain televisions may have issues displaying the entire game screen which causes the edge of the screen to be cut-off". So, I guess that I'll just have to be patient until a fix is found.

@Gkar-of-Narn said in Anyone know how to adjust screen size to fit my tv?:

This TV screen & game HUD problem is now a KNOWN ISSUE on the official PSO2 Support website here: https://support.pso2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043757054-TV-Aspect-Ratio-Issues It says the following: "Certain televisions may have issues displaying the entire game screen which causes the edge of the screen to be cut-off". So, I guess that I'll just have to be patient until a fix is found.

I believe some people did find a partial solution at least. Apparently, there is an option in the XBOX Settings that allows adjusting the Display Area. If you have it set at the outer corners of the screen like you are supposed to, it cuts it off in-game due to Overscan and a lot of TV don't have options for controlling overscan to make it not a problem. Setting the display area as small as possible, seems to make the game fit better on the screen without the edges getting cut off.

@Ragnawind said in Anyone know how to adjust screen size to fit my tv?:

@Gkar-of-Narn said in Anyone know how to adjust screen size to fit my tv?:

I believe some people did find a partial solution at least. Apparently, there is an option in the XBOX Settings that allows adjusting the Display Area. If you have it set at the outer corners of the screen like you are supposed to, it cuts it off in-game due to Overscan and a lot of TV don't have options for controlling overscan to make it not a problem. Setting the display area as small as possible, seems to make the game fit better on the screen without the edges getting cut off.

Firstly, thank you very much for replying & attempting to help me out. I appreciate it! Here is a link to the complete user manual for my TV: https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/res/manuals/2662/c9fe6a0fb550a66f60ce2ae1c4b564ec/26621991M.pdf I have determined that my TV lacks an Overscan setting. On pages 77-78 of the user manual, you can view all of the Screen settings of my TV. The following settings are grayed out & I can’t select them while using the TV’s remote control. The grayed out settings are: Game Picture, Vertical Center, Vertical Size. Also, under Wide Mode, the Normal setting is grayed out too. Regarding the Screen settings that are not grayed out (Wide Mode, 4:3 Default and Display Area), I’ve adjusted every single one multiple times in order to see if the display of the PSO2 open beta is not cut-off – but nothing worked.

Please note that I have a very large collection of Xbox One games that properly display their HUD/Screen on my TV. Therefore, this begs the following question: what is PSO2 missing/doing wrong that results in my TV not displaying this particular game’s HUD/Screen properly?

Although it's been suggested that going into your Xbox settings and recalibrating the display might help, that is not an adequate solution. I shouldn't have to change my Xbox or TV settings in order to accomodate this game --- the game should have a display/HUD safe zone adjust option just like every other game does.

What is truly peculiar is that I have this problem on my TV, so does a friend of mine, yet another friend doesn't. The latter says that he, at one point when initially booting up the game, was given a prompt concerning display calibration. He claims he was asked to confirm whether or not he could see the display properly and to confirm that display setting. The former friend and myself were never given this alleged display setup prompt. Maybe he has a newer TV than us, maybe it's the particular size, who knows, but yes, it's an issue that needs to be fixed because I refuse to constantly resize my display every time I want to play this, only to have to resize it back to how it was when I move on to watch or play something else, No thanks lol