Undercuts in market

@Subject-Astra said in Undercuts in market:

@ERICK001BC said in Undercuts in market:

I feel bad for my sister and other female players out there trying to buy outfits/layer wear that is 5x the price of male items.

Extremely dumb implication there that the reason the outfits are more expensive is because of female players.

Point went over your head there. I know there are tons of male players right now playing female characters. I don't feel bad for these people though as they basically want to play waifus (obviously not all of them) and these players are already on that $$$ to make their waifus perfect. Plus these are also the people with the idle animation and look at me play style which I tend to ignore.

I am saying I know of actual girls who want to make their actual characters and they have to pay extra because of popularity and quantity.

Pretend you are an actual nurse, and you wanted to buy an outfit you normally wear all the time. You go to buy it and its at $10 mil when the guys lab coats are less than 100k. Again all example numbers.

@Meta77 said in Undercuts in market:

None of you know noting about price insanity until you meet a little old should be dead site called Gaia online.

I posted on that for a few years starting with when it used to be Go-Gaia. Before I quit I spent my small fortune buying up items like the Demon and Angel scarves then self-banned and took my hoard of treasure with me. It's me, I'm the marketplace cancer.

Pretend you are an actual nurse, and you wanted to buy an outfit you normally wear all the time. You go to buy it and its at $10 mil when the guys lab coats are less than 100k.

Here i thought your implication was horrible, that example is far worse. Not only do you imply that guys only play as female characters because of waifus and throw money at the game to make them "perfect", but you also imply girls only WANT female characters and they're getting screwed over by the prices.

@Subject-Astra said in Undercuts in market:

Pretend you are an actual nurse, and you wanted to buy an outfit you normally wear all the time. You go to buy it and its at $10 mil when the guys lab coats are less than 100k.

Here i thought your implication was horrible, that example is far worse. Not only do you imply that guys only play as female characters because of waifus and throw money at the game to make them "perfect", but you also imply girls only WANT female characters and they're getting screwed over by the prices.

Sure why not?

At this point you continue to miss the point so much that it really doesn't matter anymore. But I'll try and simplify it without gender issues. You can be whatever gender you want, both outside the game and inside the game. The game has 3 choices, male,female,unisex(accessories fall in this category as well.) Male items are cheaper than female items. If you identify as a female, and like to play the game as your own Gender, it sucks that female items are so inflated. As to the reason, there are numerous but most seem to be from toxic players with no education who try and pick up fights over a video game and pretend to be offended over trivial matters.

@Lwyu said in Undercuts in market:

I needed somewhere to rant, honestly though, why? Like undercutting is fine, its strategic I support it. But why the actual hell are people undercutting by the millions and losing out of ez meseta? No reason, none at all.. they just see a price and say "I need meseta, so ill instead of being smart, will sell it way cheaper to not only lower the rarity of the item but also because lowering my price by like 1k is too much work"

And then you see their advertisement "MESETA PLS" "GIB MESETA" are their brain cells at an all time low or am I missing the bit strategy here.

Easy, it's a free market and you're not entitled to make anything. Don't like to be undercut, than learn a better hussle. I love undercuting players like you. I'll sell low, someone like you thinks I'm missing out as you buy the item and then attempt resell it at a higher price. Never realizing that, even if you sell at that higher price, I still make more than you. In this case, players like you, wasted the inital investment and start from a deficit. I don't.

Also as others have stated, what you may find as valuable is not in the eyes of another. Know what the customer wants, not what you think is cool.

Selling low creates good will. Selling high is a vehicle for greed. Price gouge at your own risk.

I'd rather "undercut" i.e sell at a reasonable price than gouge. Would rather have more customers than a fewer customers.

AC items I can understand being pricey as that's real money being spent.

@Likaizam said in Undercuts in market:

@KnightHarb1nger back when PSU was around I used to do the same thing on that game. I tried to be fair and balanced, made some money, but never really became a bazillionaire. This game, however (at least on PSO2 JP) feels more motivated by impulse buying than an understandable and stable market. I don't know how NA will pan out in the end but on JP you will find some of the most stupid 1-2 star items going for 500k while a buncha 11-13 stars you will find as low as 100k. So we will see what we will see. Keep on doing what you find fun tho. I had fun on PSU running the game based around my shop, so I get the appeal.

The reason for why 1 or 2 * rarity is that much isn't because of the item itself but the augments thus why it's those price most don't seem to understand that

I needed somewhere to rant, honestly though, why? Like undercutting is fine, its strategic I support it. But why the actual hell are people undercutting by the millions and losing out of ez meseta? No reason, none at all.. they just see a price and say "I need meseta, so ill instead of being smart, will sell it way cheaper to not only lower the rarity of the item but also because lowering my price by like 1k is too much work"

And then you see their advertisement "MESETA PLS" "GIB MESETA" are their brain cells at an all time low or am I missing the bit strategy here.

Ahh, to be new gen again. To not be hampered by experience and knowing the reality of things....sighs.

Alot of those undercutters, are not real players.

Sighs lets see. 10m is 30 bucks right now huh. Hm, they getting aggressive in this one. I give it 3 months after pc release and it will be 100m for 30.

Heh. Fun times.

The economy is fun.

Welcome to a free market MMO.

You new to the genre?

What I find funny is that in a free to play game where real money is spent on these items, and meseta is sold at a defined rate. People think that items sold have no actual value. And as far as female items costing more it's just supply and demand. Blame RNG if you don't like it. As for undercutting, if it sells at a higher price and people drop it lower by 75% they're straight up idiots, but idiocy is a huge epedimic in America and around the world. It's been for awhile now, and they're breeding like dogs so it's just going to get worse.

@Chal said in Undercuts in market:

What I find funny is that in a free to play game where real money is spent on these items, and meseta is sold at a defined rate. People think that items sold have no actual value. And as far as female items costing more it's just supply and demand. Blame RNG if you don't like it. As for undercutting, if it sells at a higher price and people drop it lower by 75% they're straight up idiots, but idiocy is a huge epedimic in America and around the world. It's been for awhile now, and they're breeding like dogs so it's just going to get worse.

It isn't people being idiots. It is people actually playing for fun and not greed. That is a big problem with games with a player-controlled market, greed.

@Chal pandemic.

People decide what the value of items they possess are.

I honestly never knew there was such a secret society of people being triggered by items being sold cheap, crazy.

Then again, people getting triggered by the smallest of things is a global pandemic.

Be smart and earn enough meseta to force a certain price of items if you feel so strongly about it.

@John-Paul-RAGE just like you getting triggered by my use of epidemic and my post.

It's nice when items are affordable. Meseta is already a pain to spend for affix fodder and whatnot. Fashion itself shouldn't have to be either.