Undercuts in market

Not to mention why I turned off my rare notification for only 13 star. Everything else just now gets turned to cubes or something else/Aufix/infused etc. But yeah, Meseta grinding is annoying enough that I understand how people can be greedy on the store market.

@Lwyu said in Undercuts in market:

@ComplexZeru yea but it has a chance to ruin the items actual worth for the sake of their petty desire of getting a cheap buck to waste on some other cosmetic.

There is no "actual" worth. They're digital items, they're worth whatever people are willing to pay for them. If someone wants to put theirs up for cheap who cares.

I'm glad undercutting makes you people angry and I'll continue to do it in the hopes that people who actually want to use these cosmetics get to purchase them instead of it going into another person who's just pointlessly trying to hoard it for later reselling, while crying about ;_; MUH MARKETS any time someone actually puts something up for an affordable value.

For me I've kinda been trying to devise a "fair pricing scheme" to putting stuff up for sale. But as I accumulate and need to move items and the 30 items limit at a time for the Personal Shop. Its proving not feasible to make an effective try at it.

That being said I was thinking most things in terms of 10,000ms increments. Along with additional market price factors etc. in mind.

But so e.g. a Lvl 1 Tech Disc would be 10,000ms and a Lvl. 10 would be 100,000ms.

For a weapon say 10,000 per enhancement bonus. 10,000 per rarity star. 10,000 per 5 increments of an element type.

I'm sure there some serious overthink and futility here. But throwing it out there for what it might be worth. Or chance spark a greater/communal response. And dare I say something most of us might at least agree to in terms of a general framework idea.

o/ =^.^=

@KnightHarb1nger back when PSU was around I used to do the same thing on that game. I tried to be fair and balanced, made some money, but never really became a bazillionaire. This game, however (at least on PSO2 JP) feels more motivated by impulse buying than an understandable and stable market. I don't know how NA will pan out in the end but on JP you will find some of the most stupid 1-2 star items going for 500k while a buncha 11-13 stars you will find as low as 100k. So we will see what we will see. Keep on doing what you find fun tho. I had fun on PSU running the game based around my shop, so I get the appeal.

@Likaizam said in Undercuts in market:

@KnightHarb1nger back when PSU was around I used to do the same thing on that game. I tried to be fair and balanced, made some money, but never really became a bazillionaire. This game, however (at least on PSO2 JP) feels more motivated by impulse buying than an understandable and stable market. I don't know how NA will pan out in the end but on JP you will find some of the most stupid 1-2 star items going for 500k while a buncha 11-13 stars you will find as low as 100k. So we will see what we will see. Keep on doing what you find fun tho. I had fun on PSU running the game based around my shop, so I get the appeal.

Awesome. I do appeciate the sentiment! And yeah.. ..think a week ago I managed to find/buy a 8 Slotted Deo Ridoltiv for 30k. ;0~~~ ...and then I fucked it up by SO STUPIDLY throwing on a few more/increase Augments on top of the Augment Factor. When A.) I didn't fully understand how they worked/applied quite fully. and B.) The weapon already had, had.. ;~(, Precision III. Yet the +35 Augment Factor was also Precision III. That last part I'm not 100% is still an additional misunderstanding on my part or.. something. But ahwell. It is now a 3 Slot wonder shell of its former self. Its been 3-4days. Still smarts!! ;0 ;~~)

o/ =^.^=

Every auction house in every mmo evar.

In most MMOs, it's the opposite. People are so obsessed with making money that they overprice the hell out of everything.

@Subject-Astra okay.

@Subject-Astra said in Undercuts in market:

In most MMOs, it's the opposite. People are so obsessed with making money that they overprice the hell out of everything.

This is it, exactly. Take the Rappy Suit on Ship 2, for example. It's been holding steady at 10 million for ages. When PSO2 day hit and the market flooded with new ones? They were snapped up instantly and resold for... 10 million. I watched the same thing happen with a cosmetic I wanted, any time someone would put up a cheaper one, one of the resellers would snatch it and promptly resell it - to the point where it was basically only the same handful of people listing this item for ages now, the price only increasing rather than decreasing. Maybe people are buying it, maybe not, but given how few people I've even seen using this item? I'm more inclined to think that these people have just straight up ruined the market for it and now no one's buying it at all, and they're trying to jerk the "LOL SUPPLY AND DEMAND" quote so hard they don't realize they've choked the demand out and every time they jump the price up by three million more, less people are going to buy it because why the fuck would they.

And you see it happening in the formative stages with a lot of other items from the newer scratches too, like the blaze hands. People snatch them up in masses expecting to resell them; people who can't afford the new price just shrug and give up and now the squatters have ruined another item for the community because they weren't happy with already having billions of meseta more than anyone else.

@Lwyu said in Undercuts in market:

@ComplexZeru yea but it has a chance to ruin the items actual worth for the sake of their petty desire of getting a cheap buck to waste on some other cosmetic.

Then that wasn't it's actual worth in the first place.

I'm more curious about how people who are claiming the worth of an item, came to that conclusion. I mean, who gave them the command authority to determine the price of some virtual item? Why does that price have to be upheld to their standards of market stability? Is there some internet-Illuminati-of-mmo-merchants guild that I wasn't invited to? If so how do I get a membership?

I'm more curious about how people who are claiming the worth of an item, came to that conclusion. I mean, who gave them the command authority to determine the price of some virtual item? Why does that price have to be upheld to their standards of market stability? Is there some internet-Illuminati-of-mmo-merchants guild that I wasn't invited to? If so how do I get a membership?

It's because they got money early on (whether through random luck or by spending AC) and built up funds from there and usually think they get to control the market because they have the money to take losses when other people can't get into pricing wars with them since they can just buy out the stock of anyone pricing lower than them. Meanwhile anyone who does undercut and gets bought out not only suggests the item isn't as highly valued as they say it is, but it's also an item they didn't manage to snag and stockpile therefore it's a direct affront to their stranglehold on the market.

This kind of stuff happened all the time on JP, and it's happening on NA again as well. There used to be people who's entire gimmick was buying every copy possible of an old but cheap AC item, waiting a few weeks, then putting them up one at a time for obscene prices. They would sell slowly, but people who didn't know better would eventually buy them because they had no other choice. It's frustrating because the system means there's no protection against this kind of garbage tactics and most people will just defend it with "lol that's just how the market works". But it's not, because in the real world we have all sorts of anti-trust laws and behaviors specifically to prohibit that kind of insanity. But there's nothing to stop someone with one hundred maid outfits from buying one hundred more until they own every single one just so they can fuck over every person who might possibly want one in the future.

I like it! Lets do it.?! Sure it'll be a slow start mayhaps. But with some reasonable/generalized standards and guidelines. And progressively through a growing strength in numbers we could squeeze the "Billionaire Meseta Class!" outta the market! Or at least marginalize them enough to give the rest a selling chance.

For verification they could put the IIoMMOM logo on their shop symbol art. And cross reference it against a simple website page we could maintain whom we've vetted to have met the aforementioned selling standards and guidelines to be!

(jumps up on his +10 Enhanced Soap Crate)

WHOSE WITH ME?!?! ;0 ;~)

o/ =^.^=

@Subject-Astra said in Undercuts in market:

I mean.......... Have you seen the prices for AC ticket items recently?

I feel bad for my sister and other female players out there trying to buy outfits/layer wear that is 5x the price of male items. Though I been buying for my auxiliarys so I understand.

Sadly there are some items I don't see me getting anytime soon, mostly those emotes especially sit 3, and the blue blaze hands that jumped from 5mil to 10 mil. I know eventually I might get them if I am ever able to play it and grind some meseta but with my schedule and then maintenance during the days I can play it's a little hard atm.

@ERICK001BC said in Undercuts in market:

I feel bad for my sister and other female players out there trying to buy outfits/layer wear that is 5x the price of male items.

Extremely dumb implication there that the reason the outfits are more expensive is because of female players.

None of you know noting about price insanity until you meet a little old should be dead site called Gaia online.