PC version fast approaching

@Novaline said in PC version fast approaching:

@ErinXh

Well... yeah I do plan on having friends of mine help catch me up on Ship 1. I don't see a point to go to Ship 4-6 really, the heavily populated Ships are just going to be 1-3. I mean I guess a few people will be over there, but I'd rather be on a somewhat crowded ship.

I'm hoping at least one new ship opens and I hope transfers still aren't a thing so no Xbox players can join it at least for a few months. That basically gets rid of the head start issue entirely.

@RynMuse Well for the most part, and the general console public has pretty much voiced as such, PC players come off as loud obnoxious and entitled. This opinion is backed up by Sega's communication with PC players in this regard. That is, this was primarily brought over for XBOX players, PC players are guests and an afterthought. They don't owe us anything. So that is why you see some PC players now acting with the same level of apathy. Those XBOX players who gleefully thumbed their nose at PC players got their wish, we will just shut up and be happy with what we get in the end.

I'm not saying this attitude is true of all the XBOX players because it wasn't. However in this regard silence is consent, we will get what we will get and that will be that. Pushing anything further is futile, PC players have been doing this song and dance for months now. We are just tired dude. They win, I just want to play the game, I don't care how we get there. In the meantime, I'm playing other stuff.

@Z0DIAK-BRAVE said in PC version fast approaching:

I'm hoping at least one new ship opens

I'm hoping at least three do. We had problems with just two (too many players) when Xbox One's CBT happened. I also explained in another thread that with FFXIV delaying their major patch another month and a week or two on top of that month (IE: Patch won't be until mid-late July), we might get some FFXIV people who are done grinding until the next patch.

I can see new servers opening up when it opens up for pc . I think it would be too many players with both Xbox and pc on only 3 servers .

@coldreactive said in PC version fast approaching:

I'm hoping at least one new ship opens

I'm hoping at least three do. We had problems with just two (too many players) when Xbox One's CBT happened. I also explained in another thread that with FFXIV delaying their major patch another month and a week or two on top of that month (IE: Patch won't be until mid-late July), we might get some FFXIV people who are done grinding until the next patch.

If I wasn't taking a little break from XIV already that would 100% be me.

I'm playing alts to get 1 Million gil each, then trading the gil to one of my friends, who then trade it to my main. I hate crafting in FFXIV, especially HQ crafting and the materia melding you have to do. I don't accept people giving me "advice" for it either, I made my choice back in ARR, and I stand by it just as I do with Extreme Modes and Savage Modes, I hate those too. I only need to make three million gil via alts right now, and then I'm done with alts for a while.

20 Million gil total after that, so I can buy a medium house at maximum price for any class of plot once some become available. (I already have a small plot, so I can move from it without worrying about timers.)

@coldreactive said in PC version fast approaching:

I'm playing alts to get 1 Million gil each, then trading the gil to one of my friends, who then trade it to my main. I hate crafting in FFXIV, especially HQ crafting and the materia melding you have to do. I don't accept people giving me "advice" for it either, I made my choice back in ARR, and I stand by it just as I do with Extreme Modes and Savage Modes, I hate those too. I only need to make three million gil via alts right now, and then I'm done with alts for a while.

20 Million gil total after that, so I can buy a medium house at maximum price for any class of plot once some become available. (I already have a small plot, so I can move from it without worrying about timers.)

I got the large FC house I wanted when they opened up those 3 new wards. I wish I had my small at the time because ppl were so slow to check the subdivisions I could have just bought both larges at once lol. Now I'm waiting for Ishgards to upgrade my small. I have 9 digits in gil because $ in that game is almost worthless if you're not blowing it on max melds and the like. lol

I got the large FC house I wanted

If it isn't a Lavender Beds Mansion/Large, it isn't what you wanted. Since, for whatever reason, ONLY the Lavender beds larges have a functioning counter on the upstairs window wall.

And I'm talking about a personal house, not an FC one. I just wish FFXIV would have gone the instanced housing route like so many other MMORPGs, PSO2 included. Mabinogi has it so you can visit other people's instanced housing, as did White Knight Chronicles and PSO2. But it seems FF devs didn't care to think about that. (After all, you have to be in a party with someone I believe for FFXI to allow you in another's house/mog apartment.)

@coldreactive I know you meant personal. I'm lead of my FC and I bought it so its basically my large 😛 I bought a small personal a few days after that and moved that to the same ward as my FC house, just waiting for more wards to switch it for another large lol. I looked at every large in the game the night before the ward increase, Mist is the only area that put there larges in good spots and positioned properly on the lot. Mansion on the beach for me 😎

You're not lying about the housing system. Overall its complete trash. Instanced would have been so much better.

@RynMuse said in PC version fast approaching:

So with the PC version right around the corner. I was hoping we might be able to get some info from the GMs/devs. Like will be hopefully be able to pre-download the game ahead of the opening day and roughly when we can expect this if we will be able to. Also will there be things like events or things to give PC players a shot at some of the things we have missed out on over the last 2 months. I'm sure lots would like some info like this to help temper expectations, for good or bad, for when PC launch day gets here.

its never going to come they cant give us any update on how its going they dont even care about us all they care making sure xbox is head of us in ever way they prvoe my point each time they cant give pc player a upate how game on pc is coming along it be 2 years befor they even talk to us about it

@Twinmage said in PC version fast approaching:

@RynMuse said in PC version fast approaching:

So with the PC version right around the corner. I was hoping we might be able to get some info from the GMs/devs. Like will be hopefully be able to pre-download the game ahead of the opening day and roughly when we can expect this if we will be able to. Also will there be things like events or things to give PC players a shot at some of the things we have missed out on over the last 2 months. I'm sure lots would like some info like this to help temper expectations, for good or bad, for when PC launch day gets here.

its never going to come they cant give us any update on how its going they dont even care about us all they care making sure xbox is head of us in ever way they prvoe my point each time they cant give pc player a upate how game on pc is coming along it be 2 years befor they even talk to us about it

Please learn better grammar and learn what the coma is.

@Subject-Astra said in PC version fast approaching:

learn what the coma is.

Isn't that when you enter a deep prolong state of unconsciousness?

@Grave-Knight LMAO ... :high-fives: That got me to spit out soda onto my screen ... 😄 thank you.