PC version fast approaching

So with the PC version right around the corner. I was hoping we might be able to get some info from the GMs/devs. Like will be hopefully be able to pre-download the game ahead of the opening day and roughly when we can expect this if we will be able to. Also will there be things like events or things to give PC players a shot at some of the things we have missed out on over the last 2 months. I'm sure lots would like some info like this to help temper expectations, for good or bad, for when PC launch day gets here.

I am assuming that the answer will be .. "we will know when we know" and "they can't tell us until they know".. ya know? Just assume its the last week of May and if its any earlier be pleasantly surprised. I have dumped all expectations down the drain and it has alleviated a ton of anxiety over the subject. They so far seem to have no intention of rolling out the red carpet to PC players, we are lucky we are getting it this month on Win 10 and not next year like Steam players. Just my two cents.

I know, but can hope at least for something, cause honestly it feels so incredibly short sighted to snub what will be the larger percent of the player base like that. I do agree though that the whole 2 month exclusivity thing really tanked a lot of the hype and excitement i had for the game, I still look forward to playing but until the prove otherwise, less going in with blind excitement and more looking at it with more caution and scrutiny.

Definitely want the PC version to start Now rather than Soon. Already have too many friends that brushed the dust off their Xbox to play this...

Id just rather the servers be ready to handle the mass entrance of the 30% Cool people, the 60% Toxic bugs we sadly call people and the 10% bots. I do not wanna crash just because everyone mass downloaded and log on at a mass rate at ALLLLLL

Thank goodness I'm not the only PC player that felt that we were left out. I picked up an Xbone for the CBT, expecting the OBT to be for PC as well, and lo and behold, it wasn't.

I'm still going to play but being behind all of my Xbone friends is sort of saddening, as someone who played the JP version, I know it doesn't mean much, but I also wanted to experience the earlier episodes with some buds.

Don't feel sad, remember the experience you had from playing on the JP version. It has given you a 6-12 months head start in the end. (Depending on how long you played it.)

By the time the NA version releases on PC, I have no doubt it will bring along new SHIPs as well. Those are going to be pretty much free from 'current' players anyway, sure a couple will transfer over but the population of these new SHIPs will for the majority exist of 'new' players. So don't worry too much about having to catch up.

Now what about "But my friends are all playing on one of the current SHIPs and I wanna join them." If one is to be considered a PSO2 veteran, then thou has no problem catching up with them in no time. If one is not a PSO2 veteran, then thee shalt do the following; Order thy friends to help thee catch up to them. If they don't want to, consider this part of the 'Safety Dance' song to be valid for thy situation:

We can dance if we want to, we can leave your friends behind. Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance, well they're are no friends of mine. (Let's see who understands the underlying message.)

Within a year from now, pretty much everyone will have forgotten the head start the Xbox One users had. Or at least no one will mention/care about it by then. As a great philosopher once said: "Time will even out everything."

Time is relative, does the 2-3 months of a head start really matter in the long run? In the end only time will tell.

If the NA version only lasts for a short period, then it probably does matter. (but then again you could question yourself if it was worth playing at all if it was so short of time.) What if the NA version lasts for a long time, then it probably doesn't matter. (On the other end, some will question themselves if it wasn't a waste of time playing it for so long.) What does one consider a 'short' and 'long' time, perhaps a subjective matter?

Speaking of subjectivity, "only time will tell". Time might indeed give you an answer, but does it give you an absolute truth? Time, allows you to generate a cultivated conclusion or opinion on a topic. But will that be the absolute truth on the subject, did having a head start matter in this case?

@ErinXh

Well... yeah I do plan on having friends of mine help catch me up on Ship 1. I don't see a point to go to Ship 4-6 really, the heavily populated Ships are just going to be 1-3. I mean I guess a few people will be over there, but I'd rather be on a somewhat crowded ship.

But is one sure that SHIPs 1-3 are to be the crowded SHIPs in the end? They are now, but who knows in a couple of months or years? And will the other SHIPs not going to be crowded at all? No one can know for certain.

@Lwyu said in PC version fast approaching:

Id just rather the servers be ready to handle the mass entrance of the 30% Cool people, the 60% Toxic bugs we sadly call people and the 10% bots. I do not wanna crash just because everyone mass downloaded and log on at a mass rate at ALLLLLL

Hey not all of us xbox players are toxic lol but I know what you mean

@ErinXh said in PC version fast approaching:

@Novaline But are you sure that SHIPs 1-3 are to be the crowded SHIPs in the end? They are now, but who knows in a couple of months? And will the other SHIPs not to be crowded at all?

I have a feeling they will open ship 4 to 6 when pc comes thus why its offline instead of all 6 open

I’m gonna assume it will happen . The Xbox version had a week notice on the set date . And I think it also came out 24 hours in advance for predownload but not sure on that one

Since the game is cross-play, I wouldn't expect a pre-download for the PC version before release at all. The reason being, as soon as that pre-download is done, people would be able to play, so it wouldn't really be a pre-download, it would be an actual download, since the ships are already online. It would also be pointless to download a "broken" client only for it to need updated to "fix" it on release, since it costs money for companies to push updates on digital storefronts they don't own.

Assume the game will come out on the last day of May and you'll be far better.

Let's not forget that the one time they finally said something was tucked away in the end of a blogpost. I really don't know why, but there really seems to be some communication issues.

@Subject-Astra said in PC version fast approaching:

Assume the game will come out on the last day of May and you'll be far better.

Let's not forget that the one time they finally said something was tucked away in the end of a blogpost. I really don't know why, but there really seems to be some communication issues.

Which is why we need to push them to improve their communication, if we don't now, they will see the vague non-answers and radio silence on issues as an acceptable response. We have to let them know they need to do better in that respect for things to have a chance of improving.