Some players can't see other players text.

These last few weeks we thought we had alliance mates blocking eachother, but it seems like the problem is a little deeper. I've not been able to talk to the same player for two days in alliance chat because my text does not show up to him. He doesn't have me blocked and I don't have him blocked. We've also had other alliance members having this issue which causes much confusion especially when it comes to forming TMPAs. Is this something that can only be fixed by maintenance or is there a chance of there being a fix for this some time soon? Thanks!

Update: Chat for this player started working again yesterday with neither of us changing anything.

Can you check to see if either of you two muted the other's xbox account?

@IrlsMatter Neither of has each other blocked as is stated in the first post. (Xbox account muting is the only form of blocking at the moment)

Get them to check the restriction settings on their Xbox account. If their account is not set to an Adult account, or their custom settings prohibit communicating with other players in online games, PSO2 respects this setting and completely silences chat.

@Signar said in Some players can't see other players text.:

He doesn't have me blocked and I don't have him blocked.

I'm guessing you say blocking when you mean "muting." Since that's what triggers PSO2 to block someone.

Another issue could be that the Xbox Social Servers are down, since PSO2's chat runs on that. (But the game servers don't.)

@SilverSyncOtter said in Some players can't see other players text.:

Get them to check the restriction settings on their Xbox account. If their account is not set to an Adult account, or their custom settings prohibit communicating with other players in online games, PSO2 respects this setting and completely silences chat.

@coldreactive said in Some players can't see other players text.:

@Signar said in Some players can't see other players text.:

He doesn't have me blocked and I don't have him blocked.

I'm guessing you say blocking when you mean "muting." Since that's what triggers PSO2 to block someone.

Yup. It's been a common occurrence in our alliance and every time we've double checked that neither had each other muted.

Another issue could be that the Xbox Social Servers are down, since PSO2's chat runs on that. (But the game servers don't.)

Yeah it could be social server based, but we can also see other alliance members chatting. Unless they have it set up where a group of players are on a certain chat server and other players are on a different one and for some reason our chat servers aren't recognizing eachother I don't see how it would affect one person.