Enemy (picture) data base.

This game to me is more similar to Phantasy star 0 vs (1&2 gc), and the ability to know what you are hunting for with some client orders would be nice. I mean with those enemies that just don't spawn I tend to google them. But because of the amount of content from since the release of this game back in 2012 gathering that information is a lot harder. I do appreciate the client order quest during an acceptance of a quest, and the bumper function to see what area quest are in, but like ps0 a enemy log would be very helpful.

Thank you I was just going to request this! There is a quest log for each quest at the counter with a list of enemies and weapons, but only the weapons have images! I've seen the renders for the enemies floating around so it would be nice if they were all collected into one place so that I can better visually identify what I'm looking for. Thank you.

I think the names are supposed to pop up in the top left corner when you're in range of the enemy, to, so that at least could make things a little clearer that "This is your target" but...that feature is entirely useless for many console players because the game "screen" is 5-10% larger than the ACTUAL screen so there's a huge border on all sides that we can't see. When this ID thing pops up, literally all I can see is "ak to:" and the element icons. I assume that's supposed to be "weak to" or "is weak to," but I have no idea beyond that because it's all clipped off the edge of the screen and my TV does not have a resolution/overscan/aspect ratio setting so I have absolutely no way to fix it. A database would at least make it a little easier to know "ok, I've seen these before while doing this mission so I'll grind that."

@zaffy2005 I keep hearing about this the bad screen clipping, that sounds super frustrating. I'm on console but I think my TV has a fit mode.

I'd also like to suggest that the pop up text that sometimes comes out of highlighting menu items appear over the enemies log as well, and have it display the species that they are a part of. There are Urgent Quests that ask I defeat a certain species of creatures and unless I'm missing it in the description, it would help visual people like me so much.

@Merelambasted It can be extremely frustrating, especially when it's clear there is something more there that I can't see. Like when there's an item on the ground I can't pick up because my inventory is full, all I can see is a piece of the star rating, not the name of the item, so I have no idea if it's worth making room for or not.

But back on topic, certain Quests at the counter will list which enemies are most likely to be encountered during that quest so that at least gives some point of reference, but far from comprehensive nor will it always have all the possible enemies that might show up in a certain area let alone the one you're looking for specifically. And some of these creatures' names are so similar, or a CO might have you targeting a specific subset of enemy type. It can be very confusing.

@zaffy2005 said in Enemy (picture) data base.:

I think the names are supposed to pop up in the top left corner when you're in range of the enemy, to, so that at least could make things a little clearer that "This is your target" but...that feature is entirely useless for many console players because the game "screen" is 5-10% larger than the ACTUAL screen so there's a huge border on all sides that we can't see. When this ID thing pops up, literally all I can see is "ak to:" and the element icons. I assume that's supposed to be "weak to" or "is weak to," but I have no idea beyond that because it's all clipped off the edge of the screen and my TV does not have a resolution/overscan/aspect ratio setting so I have absolutely no way to fix it. A database would at least make it a little easier to know "ok, I've seen these before while doing this mission so I'll grind that."

That sucks my man. Yeah I was playing for about 2 weeks trying to figure out how to fix the aspect ratio in game until i read some post on redit saying it's based off each tv, a few tweeks later and i got my whole screen to fit nicely. Sadly yes, the name does pop up but with the name itself, you aren't really can't tell what you are hunting. Because of all the enemies tend to appear in groups and because most of them are a little rare than usual, you will get different names per lock on, plus variations on mutated ones/infected ones/ enhanced ones/ reds etc. Also hunting them is also annoying considering you can go to quest and see which tend to spawn, but if you know which enemy it is you might know that their is a mission that spawns it (sub quest) every run, or a different location that spawns it a lot more frequently.