Please add an option to turn off the profanity filter.

Can I dump some water on this thread before it explodes into flames? Might I suggest we all look at pictures of kittens before continuing? 🙂

Freedom of speech is fine and dandy, but you enter into a contract to play this game. As is the case with any game these days.

Especially since it is all now "licensed" content so you don't own yibbity bibbity.

Besides, the punishment is coming from the same team working on the SEGA JP version, it is just that people weren't reporting each other there because they were afraid of being exposed for being out of country.

@LapisWave said in Please add an option to turn off the profanity filter.:

Mexico included

Errrr, no. You can see it on this very page, right above ESRB icons.

Service availability is limited to the United States of America and Canada.

@Havox3 said in Please add an option to turn off the profanity filter.:

@LapisWave said in Please add an option to turn off the profanity filter.:

Mexico included

Errrr, no. You can see it on this very page, right above ESRB icons.

Service availability is limited to the United States of America and Canada.

Still doesn't get you what you want. Try again.

@Havox3 said in Please add an option to turn off the profanity filter.:

Of course SEGA as a private company can enforce whatever rules they want.

You all miss this? I see a lot of "you're wrong and here's why" posts after that stating the same exact thing. Lol

I know OP deleted his original post because he worded it in weird way, but his suggestion in general is not a bad one. I hope we can at least get back on topic. A manual option to turn it off would be nice because I don't think we should need to wait for someone to mod the client for NA.

I didn't delete my post. It was removed for some reason not fully explained.

I still think a toggle off/on censor would be fine. But considering there's been characters named after slurs in the game, it's honestly justified at this point. People are immature.

For anyone wondering, I simply made a few points and reinforced my request to add the option while asking people to keep comments civil. I thought it was well worded but have yet to receive an answer to the specifics regarding deletion of my post that was supposedly in violation of community guidelines. Perhaps my points were too valid. Idk

@ChiknAriseMcFro said in Please add an option to turn off the profanity filter.:

Perhaps my points were too valid.

.......yes, i'm sure the reason why your post was deleted is because they were "too valid". Get off your high horse.

I'm not any high horse. I've read my post a few times as I can still see it and there's nothing there that should be in violation of guidelines.

@Subject-Astra

I can back this person and say that the OP's original post was nothing that was breaking ToS or anything disruptive.

@Novaline said in Please add an option to turn off the profanity filter.:

@Subject-Astra

I can back this person and say that the OP's original post was nothing that was breaking ToS or anything disruptive.

I think the GMs of this forum should have some kind of message to players or something to let them know why their messages get deleted. Like if it was flagged down a lot, or if it is not appropriate for General Discussions what not.

Because it makes OP who hasn't broken any TOS rule look like they are being the bad person.

@LapisWave Agreed ... To just delete, then leave the thread open to allow for people to jump down others throats with "no-context" seems fishy to me. If you are going to delete a post, why not delete the thread?

@Likaizam very good question. I'm surprised that my post was removed but not the whole thread. Idk what I said that was in violation as I still only have a generic "don't do it again" message but no highlight as to what was in violation. Even Facebook details exactly what phrase or word or pic was the determining factor. At this point I'm left clueless and see nothing in the guidelines that my post falls under.