Please add an option to turn off the profanity filter.

This post is deleted!

@ChiknAriseMcFro said in Please add an option to turn off the profanity filter.:

Please make it fair for everyone. As it stands it is a slap in the face to those who support the game by forcing a profanity filter on us that we don't want.

..........i was half-joking when i said a lot of you are looking for every excuse to whine and complain, but it seems i was right. How insane are some of you that you legitimately say a damn PROFANITY FILTER is a slap in the face?

A profanity filter is a weird thing to have for a M-rated game, especially when the Japanese version of said game never had one. However, I don't think it's really that bad or important, if it becomes a thing toggle off/on in the future, cool. If not, oh well.

@Subject-Astra said in Please add an option to turn off the profanity filter.:

@ChiknAriseMcFro said in Please add an option to turn off the profanity filter.:

Please make it fair for everyone. As it stands it is a slap in the face to those who support the game by forcing a profanity filter on us that we don't want.

..........i was half-joking when i said a lot of you are looking for every excuse to whine and complain, but it seems i was right. How insane are some of you that you legitimately say a damn PROFANITY FILTER is a slap in the face?

The phrase "slap in the face" is quickly becoming dramatically overused.

That said, I would wish we could have that open just because it irrationally bothers me to see words turned into symbols. Sure me and my friends could just not curse in our private groups, and generally we don't because the filter annoys us all, but still. I'd rather have the option to turn it off than have no option at all.

@Novaline I think it's a console thing. PS4 n Vita have the filter too

@Novaline @redPG The Japanese version does have a profanity censor that even effects English words; if you have used the non-official launcher, it removes the censor automatically when patching (though originally it gave you the choice of whether or not to use it).

Really, we are arguing about profanity filters. There have been enough people complaining about costumes, symbol chat, character depictions, character stylization and you now we have complaints about the profanity filter? What the living hell? Do people want this game censored to high hell or uncensored? Since no one can make up their minds, how about they LEAVE THE DAMN GAME ALONE.

@Scribblemonk

OP deleted their original post that was asking why there was a filter.

@Novaline more specifically asking for an option to toggle it off.

I think it should be able to be toggled, but seeing posts like the one above yours makes me wanna take a pro-censorship stance.

The filter for the PC version consisted of a few deletable files. There WAS an option to turn it off in the options, in the closed beta.

Also, get this. There is a list of words it looks to censor, and doesn't use wildcards. So spacing out the letters and stuff can bypass the filter. On top of that, dataminers found two oddly specific filters, and they still exist in the NA version. "sugoiasf***" and "bigf***ingteemo", without the censoring. I kid you not.

@Scribblemonk depends who you ask around here, there's been some obnoxious screeching from both ends of the spectrum. I personally have always been against all censorship, chat filter, height sliders, chatbans for lewd arts. Land of the Free and all that.

@Havox3 said in Please add an option to turn off the profanity filter.:

chatbans for lewd arts. Land of the Free and all that.

Sorry, that's not going to happen. Lewd arts or not, people abused it way too much on hate speech based symbol arts to let this go.

If you've noticed late AC scratch, it's already lewd enough to a point that it's not censored. Try again.

@LapisWave said in Please add an option to turn off the profanity filter.:

chatbans for lewd arts. Land of the Free and all that.

Sorry, that's not going to happen. Lewd arts or not, people abused it way too much on hate speech based symbol arts to let this go.

If you've noticed late AC scratch, it's already lewd enough to a point that it's not censored. Try again.

This. It would have been easy to overlook as a handful of obnoxious players if there hadn't been legions of clowns spamming that shit constantly day in and day out, outside of their private groups. So fuck 'em, ban them and if they come back ban them harder.

This post is deleted!

people abused it way too much on hate speech based symbol arts to let this go.

Just so you know, there is no hate speech exception to free speech protected by First Amendment. Of course SEGA as a private company can enforce whatever rules they want.

Sorry, that's not going to happen.

Of coures not, congrats on playing the inferior to JP censored version, I guess.

Why are you even here if you don't even like NA version then? You obviously have done nothing productive or said anything nice about this region but troll the thread with complaints and after another complaint. It's not even respecting opinion at this point, but you are just trashing it because you can't have your freedom of speech.

Also "Freedom of speech" doesn't work in a video game, and NA isn't just United States of America. It's literally saying "North America" which is Canada and Mexico included (Yes Mexico is still labeled as North America to most information attached).

And Freedom of Speech doesn't work against PSO2's Terms of Service agreement. So yeah, your logic fails.

Keep flaming bait the threads. Because you are just trolling at this point.