PSO2 NA Voice Acting VS PSO2 JP Voice Acting

Are there unlockable voices in the game yet?

I always thought that was an interesting thing to put in.

@Laterz780 said in PSO2 NA Voice Acting VS PSO2 JP Voice Acting:

What do you mean by unblockable?

And from what I heard - english dubbing for this game is great, even better than japanese counterpart. I will see when I have chance to play.

@Chiryuu2609 said in PSO2 NA Voice Acting VS PSO2 JP Voice Acting:

And from what I heard - english dubbing for this game is great, even better than japanese counterpart. I will see when I have chance to play.

I said "Unlockable". What I'm referring to is the tickets that were available that unlocked new voice to customize your character a little bit more when used. I think they came from AC scratchers in the JP version.

I'm sure the English VO is fine. In fact, I think that's what I'll be primarily going with it just I want to have more voices to go through when customizing my character.

I said "Unlockable". What I'm referring to is the tickets that were available that unlocked new voice to customize your character a little bit more when used. I think they came from AC scratchers in the JP version.

I'm sure the English VO is fine. In fact, I think that's what I'll be primarily going with it just I want to have more voices to go through when customizing my character.

Oh that's actually interesting way to monetize game. Yeah, it actually would be interesting (only if free voices are not terrible).

Nice :)! Well, Black Desert Online came with nice idea - they programatically generate additional voices - you can change some parameters of choosen voice. I was worried that it could sounds artifical, but it actually sounds quite nice :).

Oh that's actually interesting way to monetize game. Yeah, it actually would be interesting (only if free voices are not terrible).

Nice :)! Well, Black Desert Online came with nice idea - they programatically generate additional voices - you can change some parameters of choosen voice. I was worried that it could sounds artifical, but it actually sounds quite nice :).

Ah, that was a game I wanted to check into, but I never got the change.

Definitely want to see those additional voices in that game! Generated additional voices is very intriguing.

I hope to see more voice tickets because I did collect a lot back in JP version. I don't mind too much about EN dub, since I listen to this game in JP voice. I really do think it should be added since we had 5 ACs and yet no voice tickets.

@redPG said in PSO2 NA Voice Acting VS PSO2 JP Voice Acting:

I don't think we can definitively say JP voice acting is better.

Oooooooh yes we definitively can.

@Zipzo said in PSO2 NA Voice Acting VS PSO2 JP Voice Acting:

no, you can't. They are both voiced by people that have been in acting. There is no difference, aside from how long they may have been doing acting. It is all 100% subjective opinion and 0% objective fact for which is better.

@Ragnawind said in PSO2 NA Voice Acting VS PSO2 JP Voice Acting:

no, you can't. They are both voiced by people that have been in acting. There is no difference, aside from how long they may have been doing acting. It is all 100% subjective opinion and 0% objective fact for which is better.

9/10 true, 1/10 - there is big difference between both (I have only heard like maybe 1-2 minutes of english dubbing so maybe I'm not the best person to judge it), but from what I have heard... japanese is (especially girls) super high pitched, and english not really. I'm not saying which one is better, I'm just saying there is big difference in, I would say, style.

@Ragnawind said in PSO2 NA Voice Acting VS PSO2 JP Voice Acting:

9/10 true, 1/10 - there is big difference between both (I have only heard like maybe 1-2 minutes of english dubbing so maybe I'm not the best person to judge it), but from what I have heard... japanese is (especially girls) super high pitched, and english not really. I'm not saying which one is better, I'm just saying there is big difference in, I would say, style.

That is largely due to the different acting styles of people from different cultures. For example, different cultures put a different emphasis on certain parts of acting when portraying certain scenes than other cultures would. It does not make one better than the other, though.

@Zipzo said in PSO2 NA Voice Acting VS PSO2 JP Voice Acting:

Well for me the VA is the only thing that NA has over JP. Wish I could use those voice's on PS4.